The Rev Owen wrote:
Paper, hard plastic and metal. I'm not moaning about that, so much as the fact they've decided not to bother doing to rest of the rubbish any more. If they gave us the extra bins and kept up the other services I wouldn't mind, but it's the whole "we'll collect 20% of the rubbish like we always did, but fuck the other 80% - you know, the smelly stuff that you can't keep in the house or car" that I object to.
It's funny how politics always comes down to bins and parking, isn't it
About the rubbish, what I find is that if you separate all the separatable stuff (glass bottles, metal cans, paper, compostables) from the rest, there is honestly almost nothing left, plastic wrappers, probably a carrier-bag full a week including the bin from the bathroom.
At least 90% recycling by weight anyway.
I guess that's the idea anyway, you should need to put far less in the landfill bins.
I can see a problem if you use a lot of disposeable nappies mind you