The Bin Thread
Smart thinking. Otherwise how would you know what the etiquette was for someone not returning your book?
Zardoz wrote:
Dirty money, no doubt.

When there's no TP left, what's a guy to do?
markg wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
(I also feel a bit bad if it does come across like flexing... But I am genuinely really happy for this place)

It didn't but anyway there's nothing wrong with a bit of flexing. Chuffed for you, place looks amazing. We need more pics.

I can do more pics, sure. Maybe I'll make a new thread, no one likes rubbish in the wrong bin (thread) after all.
Sir Taxalot wrote:
markg wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:
(I also feel a bit bad if it does come across like flexing... But I am genuinely really happy for this place)

It didn't but anyway there's nothing wrong with a bit of flexing. Chuffed for you, place looks amazing. We need more pics.

I can do more pics, sure. Maybe I'll make a new thread, no one likes rubbish in the wrong bin (thread) after all.

Yes please! I like nosing through house pics.

Especially if you have a nice kitchen :D
I've got what has quickly become, the biggest bin day of the year on Monday.

All the Christmas recycling will go along with the normal rubbish and I can claim my garage back. I can't wait and I just wanted to share this knowing that a lot of you will join me in my euphoric feeling.
I’ve been to the tip 3 times over Christmas. 90% of it was cardboard. Looking forward to Christmas tree collection day, that’s the next big one for me.
I was luck our cardboard collection was last Thursday. All gone now.
I made two trips to the tip on Christmas Eve to dispose of all of our cardboard and paper after we (and by we I mean Jem) had unboxed and wrapped all the pressies.

Made things much less cluttered, and now that the tree has come down and gone back up in the loft all is well in the world again.
I have just climbed into the recycling bin and squashed it all down as we have another week until collection.

And people say white folks have no culture.
Paper bin is a struggle at the best of times, bottle bin is always fine after they took away the crate things and changed them for massive black wheelie bins because this town is full of fucking alkies.
The bottle collection just before Christmas was the highest our bottle bin has ever been. Very nearly full.
Thursday is a long way away. Got three recycling bins full. Might order a fourth as it is subsidised to take up the excess.
Even my green bin is maxed out this time. Took a load of dead flowers up in the garden and now the guinea pigs have a two level palace there’s loads more bedding waste.
We never fill the ordinary bin - half full when it was taken this week. Normally fill the recycling, but not this time, so I collected some of the abundant free-range recycling this morning to make it up.

Living a very different life.
I had to make just one single trip to the tip, but my car was absolutely chockas. The charmingly grumpy bloke by the cardboard-disposal skip mentioned that they could barely empty the skips fast enough, such was the amount of waste being brought in.
Ah, I hear the sweet tinkle of wheelie bins piercing the crisp morning air. I wonder at their colour, that I might add to their ranks with mine own full-to-bursting receptacle. Hope blossoms within me that it may be the turn of the verdant green landfill bin this time, tempered by the knowledge that I must wait until I have observed the neighbour's bin selection to know for sure.
krazywookie wrote:
Ah, I hear the sweet tinkle of wheelie bins piercing the crisp morning air. I wonder at their colour, that I might add to their ranks with mine own full-to-bursting receptacle. Hope blossoms within me that it may be the turn of the verdant green landfill bin this time, tempered by the knowledge that I must wait until I have observed the neighbour's bin selection to know for sure.

Giphy "tear to the eye":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/fAcQ6evAWaI63Zbr18/giphy-loop.mp4
>:( Well some arsehole(s) last night has took my bin and emptied the rubbish down our alley. Luckily the rubbish was bagged and neighbours said they head room in theirs for our stuff. A call to the council next >:(
krazywookie wrote:
Relatedly, the tyre has come off my green bin but the wheel remains intact so I'll have a go at violently kicking it back on tomorrow. Those happened at the same time as a completely unrelated me, running into the bins with the van incident.

Oh, I never did get around to the violent tyre kicking but after 2 weeks of solid procrastination a New Bin appeared without having had to ask or anything!
krazywookie wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
Relatedly, the tyre has come off my green bin but the wheel remains intact so I'll have a go at violently kicking it back on tomorrow. Those happened at the same time as a completely unrelated me, running into the bins with the van incident.

Oh, I never did get around to the violent tyre kicking but after 2 weeks of solid procrastination a New Bin appeared without having had to ask or anything!

The Bin Fairy! It's a miracle!
This thread always delivers... Heartbreak, intrigue, success. It's got it all!

My rubbish is out on my drive with the recycling all nicely boxed up in a huge cardboard box. I'm too good to those council workers, I really am.
Zardoz wrote:
>:( Well some arsehole(s) last night has took my bin and emptied the rubbish down our alley. Luckily the rubbish was bagged and neighbours said they head room in theirs for our stuff. A call to the council next >:(

Might be worth a look around. Although there's a strong possibility that it's just been taken to the front and burnt. Seems pretty common, like there's a gang of really low rent joyriders operating in the area.
Had a good look about but saw nothing.

Ah well BRAND NEW BIN in 5 days.
Zardoz wrote:
Had a good look about but saw nothing.

Ah well BRAND NEW BIN in 5 days.

Pics!!!
No. 8's wheelie bin has gone missing. Strong suspicion it floated away in the flood and is in the bottom of the river, but we won't find out until late spring.
Wowsers!!! My new bin is here already!

Clean as a whistle :luv:
My 2021 has peaked so early.
Zardoz wrote:
My 2021 has peaked so early.

:DD
What's with the weird bin vortex at the bottom there?
They've always bin there.
GazChap wrote:

By deflecting to the sides it stops any Farage leaking out the bag bouncing straight back up and into your mouth.
BikNorton wrote:
GazChap wrote:

By deflecting to the sides it stops any Farage leaking out the bag bouncing straight back up and into your mouth.

So you're saying that new bins come equipped with a KIPper Baffle? Man I need to "lose" ours too.
Yours will come with a Kipper Toye.
GazChap wrote:

Bin nipple, innit. Bipple.
They've collected my bin but not my recycling.

This is turning into the worst day ever!
Zardoz wrote:
>:( Well some arsehole(s) last night has took my bin

krazywookie wrote:
a New Bin appeared

I'm not saying Wookie did it. But.....

*suspicious*
The bin men took a bag I left out, that wasn't in a bin. 2021 is looking up!
Hello. I have a stupid and embarrassing question.

Because I’ve lived in a flat for 15+ years, I’ve forgotten how to do bins.

I know in the recycling bin we can recycle carrier bags but no other bags, but we can’t put the other recycling IN the bags, but what about the grey bin?

Do we put a bin liner in it, or do we just put the house rubbish directly into it? Honestly, I did Google this but can’t find an answer for a question that everyone should know. The council website has all sorts of information action, but not this seemingly obvious thing.
I think it varies a bit from place to place. I just chuck stuff in the grey bin wth no bags.
markg wrote:
I think it varies a bit from place to place. I just chuck stuff in the grey bin wth no bags.

:this: I imagine bin liners were more for the days before wheelie bins.
Mimi wrote:

Go look in your neighbours bins, great way to break the ice with them too.
Or grey bin gets a mix of bagged (from the kitchen bin) and unbagged rubbish.
Jem wrote:
Or grey bin gets a mix of bagged (from the kitchen bin) and unbagged rubbish.

:this:
Although I tend to put binbags in all of our bins for convenience when emptying them.
If they're anything like ours, you can chuck all kinds of stuff in there. All the council workers do is put the bin on the back of the lorry and let it all tip away... Untouched by human hands.
It's different for each area.

Maybe ask to join your local Parish Council?
Trooper wrote:
No. 8's wheelie bin has gone missing. Strong suspicion it floated away in the flood and is in the bottom of the river, but we won't find out until late spring.

The council have delivered them a new bin, I know you were all worried.

Still no sign of the old bin.
Zardoz wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Go look in your neighbours bins, great way to break the ice with them too.

Or just put your rubbish in their bins, wins all round!
Burn all your rubbish next to the pond, Mimi. Will keep the Herons away too.
Our bins and next door’s bins sit in the space between the houses, so why I didn’t think to just look at theirs I don’t know. :facepalm:

We already had to ask which of the unmarked bins was ours (it’s the larger grey bin. Yay!!)

(Actually normal sized, next door has a mini bin for some reason).
Page 9 of 13 [ 640 posts ]