Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
What's the matter here? Where's the radar and camera angle from Project 8 gone?
I gave up on Tony Hawks games after Underground made you run around and skitch cars.
Project 8 is not like Underground that much.

Underground 1 and 2 and American Wasteland can go into a bin marked 'ugly crap'.
I was always pretty good at the Tony Hawk games but Project8 was punishingly hard. The achvs are rated 10/10 on achieve360points.org which to me means broken.

Skate was excellent.
Skate absolutely detroyed any love (and it was considerable) I had for Tony Hawks games

they are all unplayable to me, now. even number 2. and thats saying something.
LaceSensor wrote:
Skate absolutely detroyed any love (and it was considerable) I had for Tony Hawks games

Absolutely. They just feel completely pointless after playing skate.
markg wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

Absolutely. They just feel completely pointless after playing skate.

me hopes for Skate 2 in the non so distant future
The Tony Hawk games were rather killing themselves long before Skate came along.

I remember playing the first ever THPS demo and thinking it was incredible and the first three games were just brilliant.

THPS4 was a bit of a sequel too far and was the first one that I didnt complete with every skater and didnt get all the gaps etc etc. I finished it once but was a bit bored by it.

but the Underground games were horrendous. Horrible Bam Margera fests with more shopping trolley/rubbish car sections than skating.

THAW was okay cos it went back to basics. It was far too easy though, would make a great introduction to the series for most but for veterans of the series it seemed like a bit of a joke.

P8 was just hateful and the demo of Proving Ground just seemed massively poor. the construction element sounded vaguely interesting but then I never really bothered making skate parks so I wasnt really fussed.

Skate 2 will need less ranked achievements. I've done all the single player stuff though. those last two vid challenges were evil!
Bluce_Ree wrote:
I remember playing the first ever THPS demo and thinking it was incredible and the first three games were just brilliant.

This. I don't think I've ever played a demo quite as much as that one. When the full game came out my brother and I played it to death, particularly Horse mode on the first level.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]