Guess what we've got!
Go on, guess!
It took fucking ages! Stupid programmers making my life fucking difficult.

I'm still not happy with the style in the topic page itself, but I'll sort that out tomorrow.

Night.
I can't say that I'm a fan of these cryptic posts... :) Can't see anything different.
CUS wrote:
I can't say that I'm a fan of these cryptic posts... :) Can't see anything different.

Go on, guess!
You've bought our own internets?
Comprehensive ignore filters?
:sigh:

Attachment:
guess.gif
We've got sweaty men in pants?

My webcam's not on, is it?
No, your ISP blocked your webcam after what happened with those kids, remember?
They asked for a surprise. Not my fault.
I knew there was something "wrong" about this thread! I just looked at the name and my brain made me see some kind of messed up page numbering.
I'm pissed and I noticed straight away. Shame on you all. Except CUS.
And yet still no one says what's actually changed (I can't see it either), so come ON, dish.

*Edit* is it that "be excellent" banner at the top?
Excellent work Grim!
Nice one Grimmy,
Nice one son,
Nice one Grimmy,
Let's 'ave another one.
Marlon wrote:
And yet still no one says what's actually changed (I can't see it either), so come ON, dish.

Subtitles.
Huzzah! Good man.

I totally didn't spot that. It's probably a good thing for our national security that I didn't go through with my application to MI5 when I left university.
How come it was so hard Grimm...? Obviously it wasn't just a case of adding a plugin. Is the forum written in insane-o-code or something?
Must be a mod, if he attempted to code it manually he must be insane. I 'know' php and yet the code of phpbb scares me.
I want to see what happens when this thread hits two pages.
Lets work towards that end, Craster. Do you like pie?
Bravo, sir!

:)

With this and the addition of strikethrough by Myopika, BETEO/BEEX is feeling more and more like home.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Lets work towards that end, Craster. Do you like pie?

I am indeed an enormous fan of pie. The meatier the better.
Curiosity wrote:
With this and the addition of strikethrough by Myopika, BETEO/BEEX is feeling more and more like home.

The work of our tame code bitches valiant mods should indeed be praised.
Ah, now, you see, this is where we differ. I myself like Custard pie, although technically it is a tart. There is pastry though, and it is certainly pie-like.

Can't abide steak and kidney though, I don't like the kidneys.
What do whelks even taste like?
Craster wrote:
I want to see what happens when this thread hits two pages.

That issue's already tested. The wrasslin' thread has a subtitle and is on multiple pages.
Craster wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

The work of our tame code bitches valiant mods should indeed be praised.

I've done superscript and subscript, too!

?:|
What about MathML? Have you done MathML? What do I do if I need to display a complicated scientific equation during the course of my posts? WHAT THEN?
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Must be a mod, if he attempted to code it manually he must be insane. I 'know' php and yet the code of phpbb scares me.

The only mod we use is the fast reply box, and that didn't work without some help. Bow down ;)
Grim... wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

The only mod we use is the fast reply box, and that didn't work without some help. Bow down ;)

I worry for what'll happen if you go to do an official update. If you've hardcoded a load of changes won't it all go splat?
We're not going to update, basically. I've massaged the main update changes in (there has just been one, I think I might have mentioned it) by hand.
At the risk of being even more antagonistic, why? Presumably the mods to do the stuff we wanted did exist? Was there a need to do them manually?
Well, there aren't that many mods for PHPBB3, and I'm not sure there's one that does the review forum the way we want (and I'm aware that it's still not quite right) for any version.
Mods break when you upgrade the forum too, of course. It would be the same, at the end of the day.

If your question is a more general "why couldn't we just leave the forum the way it was?" you will be met with a hearty handshake from me, at least.
Grim... wrote:
Mods break when you upgrade the forum too, of course.

Oh really? I thought mods were supposed to be super-clever like that, which is what made them special.

If they're not after all, then fuckit, fiddle all you like with my expressed permission.
Good work, Grim... :munkeh:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Mods break when you upgrade the forum too, of course.

Oh really? I thought mods were supposed to be super-clever like that, which is what made them special.

Well, official mods probably don't - we're really talking about plug-ins.

ComicalGnomes wrote:
If they're not after all, then fuckit, fiddle all you like with my expressed permission.

:hat:
Are these post icons new, or is my memory just gone?
They are new. They are in preparation for exciting new Dimlies!
Page 1 of 1 [ 43 posts ]