All in One Printer
RMD
Brother HL-L2350DW Mono Laser Printer | Wireless & PC Connected | Print & 2 Sided Printing | A4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077PY79TM/ ... RBb0SAAW3Z

I’ve got this one and it’s lasted me 4 years professionally printing shit every day. It ain’t got colour but who wants that anyway - if you want a good quality colour printer for photos and shit you’re better off just using Snapfish or going down to boots.
Did everyone just miss the words where Mali asked for an All-In-One?
Anything except an HP printer. They are dogshit.
Hearthly wrote:

Yes, then Trooper said get a laser instead, and Mali asked which one.
Cras wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

Yes, then Trooper said get a laser instead, and Mali asked which one.

:This:

I'll never go back to a shitty inkjet.
I have a HP envy.. Was about £60, not a bad little all in one
KovacsC wrote:

He doesn't want an all-in-one anymore, he wants a laser. And no HP garbage either.
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

He doesn't want an all-in-one anymore, he wants a laser. And no HP garbage either.

What is wrong with HP printers. it is the only thing they did well
KovacsC wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Objection:No they didn't
Mr Dave wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

nods
KovacsC wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

nods

I'm glad we all agree
I don’t. But cba discussing. :)
Well hopefully that's cleared it all up for Mali.

PROTIP - Get the HP printer I linked with the cashback, and choose a HP Instant Ink package that suits your printing patterns.
But don't get a HP printer.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, and their app for Windows 10 is really good.
Grim... wrote:
But don't get a HP printer.

Or an inkjet. And don't lock yourself into an expensive ink subscription service either.
Hearthly wrote:
Well hopefully that's cleared it all up for Mali.

PROTIP - Get the HP printer I linked with the cashback, and choose a HP Instant Ink package that suits your printing patterns.

What website are you linking to, hearthly?
Hearthly wrote:

“15 pages per month for free. After that, each additional page is just £1.”

JESUS CHRIST FUCK THAT NOISE
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best- ... e-printer/

This says the HP 8720, so I will probably get that, but am unsure how this "cashback" thing from eBuyer works.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

“15 pages per month for free. After that, each additional page is just £1.”

JESUS CHRIST FUCK THAT NOISE

I don't think that's quite right. I've read it as each additional ten pages, is an extra £1.

Still more than I'd like to pay however. I have an HP printer that's lasted me years. It prints the occasional email or game cover and does me just fine so I'm not exactly a heavy user.
You are correct, I misread, it’s £1 per ten pages. That’s still bloody pricy if you get caught out and print lots of pages without changing your plan; and I cynically suspect that’s a big part of HP’s business model. My printer goes months without use then occasionally has to do a few dozen pages (which is why I have a laser all-in-one.) This deal is terrible for that kind of usage.
MaliA wrote:
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-all-in-one-printer/

This says the HP 8720, so I will probably get that, but am unsure how this "cashback" thing from eBuyer works.

If only there was some kind of handy 'click here' explanation thing that could help?

Oh... wait.

https://h41201.www4.hp.com/WMCF.Web/uk/ ... 7/Details/
The cashback worked painlessly for us, yes you have to jump through the hoops correctly but we got paid without issue and ahead of the timeframe HP gave themselves to do it in.

With the Instant Ink it's worth noting that you can have a full month's worth of pages in the bank as it were.

We're on the 100 pages per month plan which costs £3.49 per month, but if we print 50 pages in Month 1, next month we have 150 pages, but you can never have more than 200 pages in a single month on that plan without paying extra. (Which is £1 per 20 pages, although we've never gone over our limit.)

Also the cartridges HP send are mega jumbo bastards and last for ages. When they are getting low, the printer phones home and HP just send more in the post without any intervention from us.

Overall we've cut our ink costs by about 40-50%, and are on a far more convenient system than we were in the past. (And also because you pay for page numbers, there's no stress about printing a load of pages with 100% ink coverage or suchlike.)

It's a great system and it works well.
Do not buy another inkjet printer. Seriously. You don't realise how shit they are until you buy a small laser.
I can go weeks/months between printing stuff, I just press print and seconds later it comes out perfect. No streaky output, no shitty all-in-one software packages to deal with, no replacing the ink even though you haven't used it as it has dried out, no trying to beat the in built chips in official ink cartridges.
Trooper wrote:
Do not buy another inkjet printer. Seriously. You don't realise how shit they are until you buy a small laser.
I can go weeks/months between printing stuff, I just press print and seconds later it comes out perfect. No streaky output, no shitty all-in-one software packages to deal with, no replacing the ink even though you haven't used it as it has dried out, no trying to beat the in built chips in official ink cartridges.

:This:

Also, it's amazing what an emotive topic printers is.
No it isn’t you cunt.
I really hope Findus Fop read the online shopping thread...
But Mali specifically said he wanted an All-In-One, not a printer.

Start matching them on features (i.e. an actual All-In-One laser) and they don't look so cheap.

Also, the BAD STUFF Trooper described there basically doesn't happen on modern inkjets, at all.

(They clean themselves, the startup time is quick, cartridges are a non-issue because of Instant Ink, the HP Windows 10 app is great, etc.)
I get 1000 pages for £14, and it never dries out.

Beat that, inkjet shills!
Hearthly wrote:
Also, the BAD STUFF Trooper described there basically doesn't happen on modern inkjets, at all.

I've got a relatively modern inkjet. It's shit. I use it about twice a year, each time I basically need to replace the cartridges because they're gunked up.

;)
Trooper wrote:

I can print in colour ;)
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

I can print in colour ;)

Hush you.
I do often wonder why people ask for recommendations on this forum.
Grim... wrote:
Trooper wrote:

I can print in colour ;)

Sometimes even to the printer in your house!
TheVision wrote:

We give the answers other websites are too timid to give.
Real truth, not fake recommendations.
You certainly get a lot of options.
TheVision wrote:

Could anyone recommend somewhere else?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
TheVision wrote:

Could anyone recommend somewhere else?

Try reading a book.
Damn this forum... I'm looking at my printer (which is perfectly fine by the way, albeit old) and I'm wondering whether I should replace it and take advantage of that cashback offer. I've got a job on next March which will require some DVD covers printing. Doing it myself would save about £40. And then again in August, saving another £40.... I mean, it's almost paid for itself hasn't it?
GazChap wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

I've got a relatively modern inkjet. It's shit. I use it about twice a year, each time I basically need to replace the cartridges because they're gunked up.

;)

I think that falls into the category of 'user error', really.
TheVision wrote:
Damn this forum... I'm looking at my printer (which is perfectly fine by the way, albeit old) and I'm wondering whether I should replace it and take advantage of that cashback offer. I've got a job on next March which will require some DVD covers printing. Doing it myself would save about £40. And then again in August, saving another £40.... I mean, it's almost paid for itself hasn't it?

You won't get the same quality though, right?
Probably not. The last lot I had done were laser printed but, they were designed by school kids so the quality wasn't brilliant in the first place.

The ones for March will be different though so yeah, I'm going to have to think about it.
I've heard that the hp subscription thing nerfs your printer of you opt out at a later date.
Bit late to the carnage but Samsung A4 Lazers are great, Bought a mono one for printing on acetates for screen printing and a few months back got a colour one.

This one: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4258779 Decent price too, usually £150+
Then get a Canon USB powered scanner for £40 ish.
Having to have your printer connected to the internet so it'll work; what a fucking world to live in.
Zardoz wrote:
Bit late to the carnage but Samsung A4 Lazers are great, Bought a mono one for printing on acetates for screen printing and a few months back got a colour one.

This one: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4258779 Decent price too, usually £150+

Now, you see... that would give me the quality I want.

It looks smaller than the HP one I was looking at too. So there's another spanner in my works.
Bobbyaro wrote:
I've heard that the hp subscription thing nerfs your printer of you opt out at a later date.

It kills the Instant Ink cartridges if you cancel the Instant Ink subscription and/or the printer doesn't get to phone home for an extended period of time.

There's nothing stopping you reverting to normal cartridges at that point though.
Bamba wrote:
Having to have your printer connected to the internet so it'll work; what a fucking world to live in.

You don't have to have the printer connected to the internet so it'll work.

If you're using Instant Ink, then yes, the printer needs to phone home periodically.
Page 2 of 3 [ 126 posts ]