Calling all BETEO people in the East of England!
A friend of mine runs the Green Canaries Wheelchair Basketball Club, which is a small East Anglian sports organisation. It's aim is to help isolated people with disabilities get out and about more, gain confidence and learn wheelchair skills.

Surprisingly, locally-despised finance company Norwich Union has taken time out from proffering mediocre investments to operate a Community Sports Fund. It has deigned to divert some money away from its Chief Executive's pension towards some worthy causes - and this is where you can help.

If you point your clicking device towards this link, you will see the Green Canaries Wheelchair Basketball Club listed down the right-hand side. By clicking on the "Vote for Us" button and registering your e-mail address, the Club receives a vote. The more votes they receive, the higher their chances of being awarded money to spend on equipment, facilities and training.

Even the lowest payout of £1000 (it's actually very hard to get any more than that) would make a tremendous difference to this worthy cause. And it costs nothing more than time spent filling in a short form.

So go on, folks - register your approval and help make a difference to local people with disabilities.
Were I in any way east, I'd surely do this. Sadly I'm not, so I can't.

Thanks for your contribution Dr. A (A is for ACES), I really appreciate it :) You've also put me back into decimal denominations which is pleasing for my brain. :hat:
I live down the road from Norwich...and I am partially disabled. Feck all to help where I am but great to see more being done 'locally'..or anywhere for that matter.

Voted.
We aim to please! Oddly, I remembered to donate when I bit into a Star Bar.

Well, it's not that odd really, now I think about it.
Star bars are also ace, I think you're due a bit of good karma.
Shewolf wrote:
Feck all to help where I am

I think one of the major things David wants to do with the money is arrange transport so people from a wider area can join. If you're fairly close to Norwich, though, he might actually have something in place for your area already. (This assumes you're interested in wheelchair basketball, obv!)
I'd give it a go if I could, but my condition affects all my muscles so I'd last about 5 seconds heh
Be nice to find a cheap or free specially heated pool though. I live in a town in the middle of fields about 45 mins drive from Norwich.
I will pretend I still live in Bedfordshire... FOR YOU!
Consider a vote placed for GREAT JUSTICE.
Stuart Ashen wrote:
A friend of mine runs the Green Canaries Wheelchair Basketball Club, which is a small East Anglian sports organisation. It's aim is to help isolated people with disabilities get out and about more, gain confidence and learn wheelchair skills.

Surprisingly, locally-despised finance company Norwich Union has taken time out from proffering mediocre investments to operate a Community Sports Fund. It has deigned to divert some money away from its Chief Executive's pension towards some worthy causes - and this is where you can help.

If you point your clicking device towards this link, you will see the Green Canaries Wheelchair Basketball Club listed down the right-hand side. By clicking on the "Vote for Us" button and registering your e-mail address, the Club receives a vote. The more votes they receive, the higher their chances of being awarded money to spend on equipment, facilities and training.

Even the lowest payout of £1000 (it's actually very hard to get any more than that) would make a tremendous difference to this worthy cause. And it costs nothing more than time spent filling in a short form.

So go on, folks - register your approval and help make a difference to local people with disabilities.

I don't live there but I can post this on a couple of other forums if you like.
I've voted *smug smug*. How many votes needed for the £1000?
I'm not in the east, but it let me vote anyway.
Yes- do we need to be in the east if it only asks for an email address?
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]