The Movie topic
...as there is none
Oh dear - Max Payne was doing okay, but I fear the end is going to let it down.
Man, what the fuck is going on?
4/10 for Max Payne. Was 5.5 until the end.
Today's film is Bad Ass.
The intro music is good.
It was all right! It's got Danny Trejo being an OAP who happens to be super-hard, and Ron Perlman being a mayor!
6/10.
Speaking of anime based on a manga (did I get that right) I've watched that Tekkonkinkreet which I really enjoyed. Probably more than Paprika, which I also watched this week. It was super aces right up until the last 10 minutes when it all went Japanese and a bit mental for very little reason. Really awesome though.

Well done Film4 for putting on something a bit different but also cool and watchable.
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is pretty damned good so far!
It's in my top 10 ever.
The girl in it is lurvely.
I watched Terminator Salvation on Friday.

Other than the one scene at the petrol station. It was dire, even the twist was not one!
4/10
KovacsC wrote:
Other than the one scene at the petrol station. It was dire, even the twist was not one
The original ending sounds far better: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2009/05/26/the-terminator/
Now that would be better!
Agreed, that Terminator Salvation ending sounds tops.

Also, this fellow seems to really, really like Expendables 2

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-exp ... s-2-review
Grim... wrote:

Finished pretty damned good as well. 9/10.
Aye, I absolutely loved it.
Watched Battleship last night. Wasn't too awful, apart from Rihanna. Reminded me of Starship Troopers.
Trooper wrote:
Reminded me of Starship Troopers.

Careful. That's a stone cold classic you're messing with.
WTB wrote:
Trooper wrote:

I bet Kovacs hates that one, too.
WTB wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Oh, it's nowhere near as good, but Battleship has the same feel about it.
KovacsC wrote:
Other than the one scene at the petrol station.

I am such a boss.
Just saw a brief trailer for Brave, and it looked a bit blah to be honest.

I will have faith though, since Pixar have never let me down before.
I saw Ted art the cinema the other day, and I liked that. You need a brain in the sewer, though.
The trailer for The Watch (maybe Neighborhood Watch) looked good.
Grim... wrote:
I saw Ted art the cinema the other day, and I liked that. You need a brain in the sewer, though.

The whole idea of it just doesn't appeal to me, but I do like me some Family Guy so I might just trust that Seth MacFarlane knows what he's doing and watch it at some point.
Grim... wrote:
Ted art

Possibly the only situation in which those two words will ever be used in conjunction, while talking about this movie.
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Ted art

Possibly the only situation in which those two words will ever be used in conjunction, while talking about this movie.

I quite want to see it.
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:

The whole idea of it just doesn't appeal to me, but I do like me some Family Guy so I might just trust that Seth MacFarlane knows what he's doing and watch it at some point.

Family Guy is the only thing he's done that has been any good, though.
The Last Salmon Man wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Family Guy is the only thing he's done that has been any good, though.

The Cleveland Show was shit, but I like American Dad.
American Dad is ok, but pales in comparison to Family Guy. It's just too similar, but not as good. I don't see the point of it existing.
There were some great bits in The Cleveland Show, it just missed a lot more often than Family Guy and American Dad.
American Dad is ok, but pales in comparison to Family Guy. It's just too similar, but not as good. I don't see the point of it existing.

Because it was replacing the cancelled Family Guy.

You're a ridiculous fool. American Dad is better than Family Guy.
There were some great bits in American Dad, it just missed a lot more often than Family Guy and The Cleveland Show.
Grim... wrote:
Today's film is Bad Ass.
The intro music is good.

Grim... wrote:

Bloody hell Grim... other than liking Twilight your taste in films isn't bad. Am watching Some Guy Who Kills People at the moment, my better half got very bored and stopped watching half way through, it is a slow film but has a charm about it which still has me intrigued.
I like Family Guy and American Dad ,but the Cleveland Show is shit.
Craster wrote:

You're a ridiculous fool. American Dad is better than Family Guy.

Cor, really? I like American Dad, but prefer Family Guy. Early Family Guy anyway, I've not watched either for ages. Is Family Guy doing a Simpsons?
Slightly Green wrote:
Bloody hell Grim... other than liking Twilight your taste in films isn't bad.

Titanic is in my top 5.
Grim... wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:

Titanic is in my top 5.

wow, well.... mind if I ask why? I thought that film was pretty awful, other than the sets I don't remember the film having redeeming features.
Slightly Green wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Slightly Green wrote:

Titanic is in my top 5.

wow, well.... mind if I ask why? I thought that film was pretty awful, other than the sets I don't remember the film having redeeming features.

Tough to say why, I just really, really liked it.

Slightly Green wrote:
I don't remember the film having redeeming features.

What about the bit with the painting?
MaliA wrote:
Body double.

...and?
Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Body double.

...and?

I WAS DISAPPOINT
Are you sure it was a double? Winslet is hardly shy about stripping off, and the nipples matched her other films.
Grim... wrote:
Are you sure it was a double? Winslet is hardly shy about stripping off, and the nipples matched her other films.

I read it somewhere. Will investigate other films later.
Even back in 1997 I struggled with the idea of watching 194 mins of bad film for the 2 mins of Winslet boobies, yes it does push the film to a Craster Scale 1 though. Meh! who cares we all have different tastes and I know I have some films on my list which you lot happily rip to shreds regularly.

One of which is The Postman, not due to it being a good film but more of the memories it brings back to me of the time of my life, I have good memories of myself and a group of friends all throwing popcorn at the screen and having a total ball watching that bad film, because of that it makes it into my film collection, regardless of its quality.
Grim... wrote:
the nipples matched her other films.

:DD
MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Totes not a body double dude, you were misinformed.
Trooper wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Totes not a body double dude, you were misinformed.

HURRAH!
Fatal Destination 5 was pretty darn tooting good y'know. I know, I was surprised as well.

Clearly filmed for stupid 3D but it didn't ruin the fun one jot. Grim would probably like it on the train.

Before muttering about having a vision and causing multiple deaths.
Page 140 of 423 [ 21131 posts ]