The Movie topic
...as there is none
Watched about 30 mins of The Spirit earlier.

It's dogshit.

Samuel L Jackson is a fucking awful actor as well.
Just nosing around for films to 'preview' and I stumble across 'I know how many runs you scored last summer' - anyone seen it? The trailer is odd enough.
devilman wrote:
Just nosing around for films to 'preview' and I stumble across 'I know how many runs you scored last summer' - anyone seen it? The trailer is odd enough.

One of the worst and least funny comedy films ever apparently......

Review quote : "The title turns out to be the only funny thing about this joyless, turgid feature."
Whilst I'm here, can I just recommend CYPHER to fans of intelligent sci-fi fare ?

Directed by the guy who made the first (and best) CUBE film.

Fairly low budget but has a cool look and atmosphere (great music too).

Excellent script with plenty of twists & turns (requires a bit of concentration to keep up), and an excellent performance from Jeremy Northam.

One of my fave sci-fi films of recent years (came out around 2003 I think).

Won't be to everyone's taste, but if the words "dark", "moody" & "atmospheric" appeal to you, do give it a go.....
I shall scour the late night ITV27 schedules for it!
Is that the one with Lucy Liu in it too? If so, yeah, it's rather good that (er, not because she's in it).
devilman wrote:
Is that the one with Lucy Liu in it too? If so, yeah, it's rather good that (er, not because she's in it).

Yep, that's the one.
Bad Biology.

It's so bad it could possibly be good.
BertyBasset wrote:
devilman wrote:

Yep, that's the one.

I picked that up on DVD for three quid a while back. Decent film.
I definitely liked cube, I shall check it out.
Whatever anyone does DO NOT watch Land of The Lost. Or do watch it if you don't really value your time or want to marvel at how such a turkey ever came to be made. Worst film I've seen in years.
Did someone mention Cypher? That's a brilliant film. It's the most Philip K Dick a film has ever been even though it's not a PKD film. If you like the works of PKD you MUST see the film. Blade Runner is an awesome film but doesn't do PKD quite so well if you ask me.

It's the alternate realities/multiple personalities thing it does really well.

Actually A Scanner Darkly is the most PKD a film has ever been but this is close.
Went to see Bruno last night. Some bits were very, very funny. Others, not so much. Wait for it on DvD.
I've not seen Borat yet, it never appealed to me. Bruno doesn't either really.
Borat is fantastic.

All the best bits have probably been spoilzored by now though.
markg wrote:
Whatever anyone does DO NOT watch Land of The Lost. Or do watch it if you don't really value your time or want to marvel at how such a turkey ever came to be made. Worst film I've seen in years.

Not even good because it's bad?
Borat is fantastic. Agreed.

Tehre was also an advert for a film I want to see, but Ubuntu keeps gaying out on me and fagging, so I am struggling with it.

Zardoz wrote:
markg wrote:

Not even good because it's bad?

Not really, it's just plain terrible. The jokes and slapstick could have been improved tenfold by getting the Chuckle Brothers on board, seriously.
Dance Flick is going to be another horrendous disaster like Epic Movie isn't it?
Saw Tropic Thunder last night. Really, really bad film.

BUT! It does have Tom Cruise in what must be his best ever role.
Craster wrote:
Better than Magnolia?
Cpt_Droman wrote:
I've not seen Borat yet, it never appealed to me.

It never appealed to me either, but the film was very funny in places and was quite well done, so I'd say see it if you get the chance.

Equally I'm not sure I want to pay to see Bruno though.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Craster wrote:
Better than Magnolia?

Better in that he massively hams it up, yes.
MaliA wrote:
Went to see Bruno last night. Some bits were very, very funny. Others, not so much. Wait for it on DvD.

Very much this. I didn't think it was a patch on Borat.

Craster wrote:

I liked Tropic Thunder a lot. Tom Cruise's character was ace (like you say) but I enjoyed the whole thing.
Craster wrote:

Good though, isn't it!
No. Except for the bits without Stiller. Robert Downey Jr. is ace, as always.
It's shit, with a 3 good 5 minute sections.

Like when I took your Mum to Whitby.
Saw the trialers for the new Sherlock Holmes film... I am tempted to go and see it..
It's a long time since I have read any of the Sherlock Holmes stories, but I don't remember there being lots of fighting and explosions.

Is my memory wrong?
LewieP wrote:
It's a long time since I have read any of the Sherlock Holmes stories, but I don't remember there being lots of fighting and explosions.

Is my memory wrong?

I am re-reading them, but he could handle himself, and he did fight Moriarti (spelling)
Kovacs Caprios wrote:
LewieP wrote:

Is my memory wrong?

I am re-reading them, but he could handle himself, and he did fight Moriarti (spelling)

Aye, he didn't have to fight very often but when he did he kicked arse. Not bad for a junky.
Yes, Holmes was always a badass [wikipedia citation]
Zardoz wrote:
It's shit, with a 3 good 5 minute sections.

Like when I took your Mum to Whitby.

That many? Really?
The OTT explosives/guts scene being filmed.

The RDJ bit where he says some stuff.

TC doing a silly dance.
New Harry Potter film is good, bit of an Empire Strikes Back really.

Not read the books so didn't know what to expect.
You mean the bit where Snape
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
makes a cup of tea for
Dumbledore?
Saw 'The Hangover' last night. Instant sunday afternoon classic I reckon
Ah, excellent. I'd been in two minds about watching it, in case it was a sub-Dude Where's My Car effort.
Looking forward to the new Sherlock Holmes film. The trailer looked real good.
Mr Chris wrote:
Ah, excellent. I'd been in two minds about watching it, in case it was a sub-Dude Where's My Car effort.

Ah, now don't get me wrong, it's does share a common theme with DWMC, but it's like someone described that movie to a grown up and that grown up wrote their own version. Very enjoyable.
MrDavPaz wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

Ah, now don't get me wrong, it's does share a common theme with DWMC, but it's like someone described that movie to a grown up and that grown up wrote their own version. Very enjoyable.

You possibly misunderstood - I loved DWMC. I was worried that this was just someone doing the same thing but badly.
Mr Chris wrote:
MrDavPaz wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

You possibly misunderstood - I loved DWMC. I was worried that this was just someone doing the same thing but badly.

Oh well then, if you liked that movie, you'll love The Hangover. Same sort of unfolding mystery... but with Heather Graham's tit!
Heather Graham had a mastectomy?
Mr Chris wrote:
Heather Graham had a mastectomy?

you only see one. Unfortunately.
Well they're not exactly a well-kept secret.
You'll love the new film Mr Chris, "Dude Where's My Cardigan"
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Mr Chris: Dude! You got a tattoo!
Craster: So do you, dude! Dude, what does my tattoo say?
Mr Chris: "Badger!" What about mine?
Craster: "Volvo!" What does mine say?
[later]
Craster: [angry] "Volvo!" What does mine say?
Mr Chris: [screaming] "Badger!"
"Saw 'The Hangover' last night. Instant sunday afternoon classic I reckon "

Saw it myself last week. Enjoyable and constantly amusing but never laugh-out-loud-hilarious IMO. 7/10.
My Name is Bruce is 3 kinds of awesome.
Dimrill wrote:
My Name is Bruce is 3 kinds of awesome.

do you need to see all the evil deads? I still havent seen the second one.
Page 5 of 423 [ 21114 posts ]