Telly
To start things off, here is some news on Pushing Daisies, on ITV:
Quote:
The UK broadcaster bought the rights to the entire nine-part series, but only has space in its schedule to show eight programmes before Euro 2008 begins.
Viewers will skip straight to episode three of the modern-day fairytale, about a man who brings people back from the dead - including his first love.
Episode one brought 5.7 million viewers to ITV1 on Saturday night.
"Episode two was the only show we could drop without spoiling the storyline," an ITV spokesman said.
The missing instalment sees lead character Ned coming to terms with his power, interspersed with flashbacks to his childhood - including a school lesson where he was expected to dissect a frog.
As with the first episode, it was directed by Men In Black and Addams Family film-maker Barry Sonnenfeld.
However, ITV said the programme would "be shown at some point because the series will be repeated".
The broadcaster said its decision was due to the US writers' strike, which meant only nine episodes of Pushing Daisies were made.
The series has made former Brookside star Anna Friel a household name in the US.
It won her a Golden Globe nomination for best actress, although she was beaten to the prize by Tina Fey, who writes and stars in comedy series 30 Rock.
A second series is due to start filming later this year.
The internets win again. I'm up to episode 4.
CUS wrote:
"Episode two was the only show we could drop without spoiling the storyline," an ITV spokesman said.

*Throws a brick at ITV spokesman*
Is Pushing Daisies good, then? The trailers looked rubbish.
It's very heavily stylized. I liked the pilot (partly because Anna Friel does look great in it), but by the second I had tired of the whole self-consciously whimsical affair.

If you think Tim Burton is the most imaginative director, it might be your new favourite show.
Second... OR THIRD?
They were talking about this on PM yesterday.
Regardless of the quality of the series (personally I enjoyed the pilot but Anna Friel's mouth / teeth look strange...like she's lost too much weight) what on earth are ITV doing? Dropping an episode because they can't fit it in before Euro 2008? What there are matches on 24 hours a day? It's tantamount to the editing of films for timing.

But then again this is the company that stuck an advert in the middle of the Gethsemane song when Jesus Christ Superstar was on at Easter, the centrepiece of the fucking musical.

In summary silly ITV.
Or of course they could do what America does in these situations (and are doing with Lost this year) and make a big advertising event of a double-feature finale.
Meanwhile, C4 left two utterances of "wankers" in the U2 episode of Simpsons shown at 6pm last night.

That can't end well, can it?
Really?

Do they regularly swear in the Simpsons and it is later edited out?

I once watched an episode of Neighbours (go me!) and there was a poster on the wall behind the teacher talking to some lad - the whole scene has the words: "What do you call someone who says yes to drugs? ... A WANKER!" on it, and in the same episode the doctor said 'shit'. I thought it was all a bit random.

(This is about a year ago - long before the move to channel 5)
I've heard the word "bastard" quite a few times in recent Simpsons.
I watched tremors (best film evar!) on itv3 last week, which was shown after 9. They had cut out every bit of horror reveal from the film. The close up of the old chap up the pylon, the dead sheep remains, the hard hat with blood on it etc. all gone.

It totally ruined the film >:(
There was an episode of Mork and Mindy (also shown at the time at early evening on Channel 4) where one character's basic reason for being in the show was to remind everyone, loudly, and frequently, that his name was Arnold Wanker.
I love Tremors. Excellent film, that.
I think they probably sneak those words in on the basis that the type of Amurcans who would be offended by them also don't know what they mean.
Dimrill wrote:
I love Tremors. Excellent film, that.

STAMPEDE, EARL! STAMPEDE!
There are 2 more mother humpers.
My favourite Eddie Murphy 'quote' shown on ITV would be, "Forget you, muddy funster!"
Dimrill wrote:
There are 2 more mother humpers.

Your knowledge of Tremors gets a C.
Okay. "There are 2 more, repeat 2 more, mother humpers"

How's that?
That's better.

:hat:
Mimi wrote:
Really?

Wanker is a semi-common surname in America. In Married With Children Perry's maiden name was Wanker. It's not a rude word.
I remember an episode of Hey Arnold where Helga went to Wankyland. I miss watching the kids channels.
Dimrill wrote:
I remember an episode of Hey Arnold where Helga went to Wankyland.

I thought it wasn't as good as it's cracked off to be.
Different strokes for different folks. :munkeh:
"That means we're stuck here. That pisses me off!"

God I love that film. DO NOT TRY THE SEQUALS.
"Flip you, melon farmer!"
cant forget the classic,

yippee kiyay, mister falcon.
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Really?

Wanker is a semi-common surname in America. In Married With Children Perry's maiden name was Wanker. It's not a rude word.

No, it is. The Merkins just don't know it.
Runcle wrote:
cant forget the classic,

yippee kiyay, mister falcon.

Kimo sabe. :nerd:
"Dead or alive, you're coming with me."
"Forget you! Forget you! Forget you! Forget you! Forget you! Forget you! Forget you! Forget you! Forget you! Forget you!"
And, of course: "Once I even called him... Bonehead."
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ]