Camcorder Recommendez-moi-fait
Don't you just love butchering foreign languages? Anyway, I'm looking for a small camcorder, no more than £180.

I was thinking about this Sony one, but any recommendations at all?
I've got that one. There's nowt wrong with it.

Nope, wait - I've got that one, but with a firewire output so I can plug it into my PC and get the video off it.
Grim... wrote:
I've got that one. There's nowt wrong with it.

Nope, wait - I've got that one, but with a firewire output so I can plug it into my PC and get the video off it.

The spec says "DV output terminal YES"

Which I assume means it has Firewire. Although Currys wouldn't have a fucking clue if the thing was gold plated and came with a free dancing girl.
Oh yeah, I didn't see that.
So yes, that's the same as my one. Which is fine - although it doesn't have a very 'wide' lens (ie. you can't zoom out as far as you think you should be able to).
Grim... wrote:
So yes, that's the same as my one. Which is fine - although it doesn't have a very 'wide' lens (ie. you can't zoom out as far as you think you should be able to).

What do you expect for 120 odd quid (once you've deducted the govs cut)? There's about 50 quids worth of electronics in there, I have filters that cost more than that!
Is there a much better budget Camcorder for a few more sponds then Chinny or all they all similar until you spend much more?
Zardoz wrote:
Is there a much better budget Camcorder for a few more sponds then Chinny or all they all similar until you spend much more?

I've got little idea I'm afraid. I'm sure it will be fine for what you need, just don't expect miracles. For decent pictures you need a large sensor and some good quality glass.

If you've got 4 grand + to spend, Sony have just released this baby:

http://www.videokit.co.uk/cgi-bin/store1/commerce.cgi?product=PRO_CAMCORDERS!SONY&pid=2363.htm

Not sure how I'd feel about tapeless shooting though.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Grim... wrote:

What do you expect for 120 odd quid (once you've deducted the govs cut)? There's about 50 quids worth of electronics in there, I have filters that cost more than that!

Well, not so much, but my old camcorder cost about as much, and was much better in that respect. Quality wasn't that good, though.
Hmm, you're not filling me with awesomeness about this product. My laptop doesn't have a firewire port either. :(
There is a version with a USB output, but you have to fuck around with drivers and such to get that going.
It's a perfectly capable camcorder - what did you expect for £160?
A perfectly capable camcorder. I don't need anything really flash. It's mainly for family/friend gatherings and my sauce reviews.
Well, that's exactly what it is. And firewire PCMIA cards are only about £5.
Will they fit my laptop though?

*EDIT*

Ignore me, yes they will.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]