Mountain Bikes
I've bought a mountain bike so I can (a) ride it to work, and (b) sling it in my Range Rover when I go off exploring the countryside in case I want spy a small track I want to investigate.

Now, my buddy says that this bike has ABS on the front wheel, but I can't find anything about bike ABS on the Internet. Is he a big liar?
ABS does exist, although I wouldn't use it.

EDIT, which bike?

MOAR EDIT: IIRC, there was an abs system on a cantilever stly brake which was a disc with a flat side that roatated against the wheel, so when the round side was against the wheel, the pad wasn't fully engaged.
A Land Rover Khartoum - but I can't find anything to suggest that it has ABS of any kind.
I've never heard of ABS on a mountain bike.

But then, I stopped caring much about them quite a few years ago (around when disc brakes on a bike were fairly new and fancy).

Does it exist and is it worth it? I always enjoyed skidding the back wheel anyway, so you can tell I was far from serious.
nice bike.

Dunna about the ABS though.

I has this:

Can I hijack this thread and talk about starbars?

Sir Taxalot wrote:
But then, I stopped caring much about them quite a few years ago (around when disc brakes on a bike were fairly new and fancy).

I hadn't ridden a bike for about 10 years, until I borrowed a mates to see if the ride to work was worth it. I remember thinking "I hope it really is like riding a bike, or I'll be on my arse".
Also, front suspension had me constantly checking the front wheel because it felt flat.
Grim... wrote:
Now, my buddy says that this bike has ABS on the front wheel, but I can't find anything about bike ABS on the Internet. Is he a big liar?

Yes.
To be fair though, he probably reasonably expected you to fall for it given that you've just bought a Land-Rover branded bike :D
How do I know that you're not a big liar?
Could it be that he's getting confused and calling disk brakes ABS?
Have you got a treadmill, Grim...?

I HAVE A TREADMILL
kalmar wrote:
Have you got a treadmill, Grim...?

Hmm, no. But I do have a jumbo jet.
What's wrong with the polar bear - he's quite cute.

grim... you miserable old man.
Huh? i didn't ppt that thid rhred!
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]