Bits & Bobs 6
Bits and Boobies!
Who's there?
Orange you going to come up with a better joke than that?
not now, no.

*sulks*
Knock knock!
Who's there?
The Gestapo!
The Gestapo who?
VE VILL BE ASKING ZE QVESTIONS!
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Interrupting cow.
Interrupting c-
Moooo!
in soviet russia, door knocks you!
ComicalGerald wrote:
MaliA wrote:
I'd like a retraction of the death threats

Saying 'I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU' is a phrase that many people use to express extreme anger, rather than sincere intent. Rest assured I'm not going to actually kill you, but I will, shall we say, think you're a fucking bastard from this point onwards and forever.

Fair enough, I can live with that.

Besides, if you sit back and think with a cool head for a few minutes, the in game options to extricate from a situation are quite a lot.
Fuck me have you lot posted a lot in this thread today. I don't have the time to read through all I've missed today, but I suppose it gives me stuff to read when I inevitably get very bored at work tomorrow though, so all good.

Anyway... I've had a busy day. I went to me pregnant-ex's 20-week scan today and saw my wee baby and it turns out we're going to have a daughter! It was a bit weird at first as we were both utterly convinced it was a boy, but no, no willy there, definitely a girl. Still, this changes nothing, now she will simply be groomed into becoming the first female Formula 1 world champion instead.

I'm a very odd mix of very, very excited and utterly shitting myself all rolled into one. I have two brothers and no sisters, so I've got no clue what you really 'do' with a little girl, so my daughter will simply have to be a tomboy with daddy buying her computer games and taking her to motor racing and her uncle and grandad taking her to the football. Mummy will have to deal with the girly stuff!

I shall bore you all with the scan photos tomorrow no doubt, but she's apparently a very healthy baby girl with absolutely everything where it should be!
MaliA wrote:
the in game options to extricate from a situation I NEEDLESSLY PUT YOU IN FOR NO REASON are quite a lot.

Fixed.

And why the hell should I now have to go to that effort? I was doing just fine until you decided to 'spice up' my gameplay. If you want to play eve, play it, but don't try to play it vicariously through me.
Zio wrote:
I shall bore you all with the scan photos tomorrow no doubt, but she's apparently a very healthy baby girl with absolutely everything where it should be!

Hurrah! Good stuff.
ComicalGerald wrote:
MaliA wrote:
the in game options to extricate from a situation I NEEDLESSLY PUT YOU IN FOR NO REASON are quite a lot.

Fixed.

And why the hell should I now have to go to that effort? I was doing just fine until you decided to 'spice up' my gameplay. If you want to play eve, play it, but don't try to play it vicariously through me.

I suspect Mali may refrain for a while. PEW PEW!
DavPaz wrote:
PEW PEW!
You're getting the hang of the EvE jargon, I see.

Edit -- also, MaliA is unlikely to avoid CG on grounds CG will kill him; as a "carebear" or non-combat character, CG's nine-month-old char would (probably) get his face stamped on by MaliA's years-old pirate character (unless CG has massively changed his character development plans since I last spoke to him about it). On the other hand, CG operates almost exclusively in highsec space, where police patrols would shoot MaliA's outlaw on sight -- MaliA couldn't get within a dozen jumps of CG's location. They are, in effect, in a standoff.
oh, is that where it's from? I pinched it from myp!

also edit: ah. carebears versus pirates. was 'ninja' taken?
DavPaz wrote:
oh, is that where it's from? I pinched it from myp!
I'm not sure if that's the origin, but it's used a lot in EvE. PEW PEW originated in EvE as an onomatpeia for the laser sound effect. The four races each have a preferred type of ship weapon, either railguns, mass drivers, or lasers. From there, the meaning morphed into any sort of player-on-player combat. From there, it spread to loads of other games, even World of Warcraft (which, naturally, features no lasers or any other weapon that makes a PEW noise).
ComicalGerald wrote:
Rest assured MaliA now has a PM box FULL of my opinion.

This is a euphanism, right?
stinkbomb makes a pew noise, eventually
DavPaz wrote:
Well, "carebears" are defined as "anyone who does not do PvP (player vs player) combat". There is no catch-all term for people who do indulge in PvP; the ones called pirates are called that because they act like real world pirates. Like, shooting someone's expensive ship until it's almost exploded, then demanding a huge ransom or blowing it up. Or taking the ransom, blowing it up anyway, and then looting the corpse.

There aren't really any ninjas, unless you count the people flying stealth bomber ships with cloaking devices. THERE COULD BE SIX OF THEM IN HERE RIGHT NOW.
stay very still..... they can smell fear.

and stinkbombs. PEW!
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Well, "carebears" are defined as "anyone who does not do PvP (player vs player) combat". There is no catch-all term for people who do indulge in PvP; the ones called pirates are called that because they act like real world pirates. Like, shooting someone's expensive ship until it's almost exploded, then demanding a huge ransom or blowing it up. Or taking the ransom, blowing it up anyway, and then looting the corpse.

I take it all this would make sense to players of Nerdspace Eve?
I'm attempting to make it make sense for normal folks. I could jargon it up some more if you like.
chinny, PvP is like Spy Vs Spy the 8 bit classic.

edit. wow new levels of dickness there davspaz. sign off now, you've done enough today (and about 200 posts ffs)
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I take it all this would make sense to players of Nerdspace Eve?

It is the same lingo in most MMO's..

When I played EVE, I used to love the war deks... You can fight anywhere.
Get a jump clone, so you don't loose your 'carebear' +5s. PVP players don't normally use implants, you tend to pod if you get caught. Plus only fly in what you can afford to loose.

You can always hire another merc team... Eve is more fun when you play with more players... I don't think, even if i bought i Gamecode, I could help, my sec status was low last time i checked.
DavPaz wrote:
buh?

what?
ComicalGerald wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:
Welcome to EVE Online.

It's one thing for someone in game to find you and kill you, but it's quite another for an ex-player who is not even activate to suddenly decide to fuck up how I like to play (quietly, without harassment) by telling a load of skilled-up players to find me and kill me.

Some people in EVE specialized in the kind of wars on others that basically involved making the game so utterly awful for the victims to play that they would disband and quit the game.

You know what everyone said when people said that was a bit much? Stop your QQ faggot carebears.

Welcome to EVE Online.
AceAceBaby wrote:
Welcome to EVE Online.
More than the space setting, the single server, the working economy -- I think it is this ingrained, grimy nastiness in the very DNA of the game that makes EvE unique amongst MMOs. And more compelling for it, too.
AceAceBaby wrote:
ComicalGerald wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:
Welcome to EVE Online.

It's one thing for someone in game to find you and kill you, but it's quite another for an ex-player who is not even activate to suddenly decide to fuck up how I like to play (quietly, without harassment) by telling a load of skilled-up players to find me and kill me.

Some people in EVE specialized in the kind of wars on others that basically involved making the game so utterly awful for the victims to play that they would disband and quit the game.

You know what everyone said when people said that was a bit much? Stop your QQ faggot carebears.

Welcome to EVE Online.

Some of the guys on SHC, play 23 hours aday. And belong to large alliances, never a good idea to rile them CG.
Indeed. Almost absolutely no concessions are made to cosset or protect anyone's preferred playing style in EVE, and never have been. There is absolutely no option to "switch off pvp". Even hiding in hi-sec, if your enemies are determined enough they can still suicide gank you. Everyone in EVE has accepted this for years. It's part of the game, and if you haven't spent time being hunted down either because you're in the wrong alliance, the wrong part of space, or for someone's lulz, then you haven't played EVE.
EVE sounds like a bag of shit.
AceAceBaby wrote:
Indeed. Almost absolutely no concessions are made to cosset or protect anyone's preferred playing style in EVE, and never have been. There is absolutely no option to "switch off pvp". Even hiding in hi-sec, if your enemies are determined enough they can still suicide gank you. Everyone in EVE has accepted this for years. It's part of the game, and if you haven't spent time being hunted down either because you're in the wrong alliance, the wrong part of space, or for someone's lulz, then you haven't played EVE.

A lot have alts just for this purpose
myp wrote:
It's an extraordinary game, almost totally unlike anything else at all. It's cold and hard and ruthless and difficult to love, but it's really not a bag of shit.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
myp wrote:
It's an extraordinary game, almost totally unlike anything else at all. It's cold and hard and ruthless and difficult to love, but it's really not a bag of shit.

Unfortunately it is one of the biggest time sinks know to man. I lost a year to it
One man's bag of shit, etc.
The pvp is fine. The sitting for four hours an evening staring at a black screen while having to watch a window for icons, and having to listen to teamspeak (so no watching tv or book reading for the quiet bits) was too much for me. I spent almost all my EVE career being a target, because in 0.0 everyone who doesn't have you blue will try to kill you, whether MaliA asked them or not. I was in one of the best corps in the game (Statecorp) but I prefer my MMO to be casual, and spend time grinding for real money instead.

EVE is astonishing, but it's uncompromising, and after about four years, just too much time.
myp wrote:
One man's bag of shit, etc.

Depends if you like the idea of it being one big universe, and every on on EVE is on teh same server.

And your actions do have Consequences,

The best enjoyment is if you are part of a large corp, always some one to fly and mine with
DavPaz wrote:

Spy v Spy is worth no more than 610 bananas on a good day.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Ah but Spy Vs Spy II (The Island Caper) is worth more surely for the ability to take fuel from the crashed plane , dump it into a coconut and use it as a (Molotov) Cocktail :-)
zaphod79 wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Ah but Spy Vs Spy II (The Island Caper) is worth more surely for the ability to take fuel from the crashed plane , dump it into a coconut and use it as a (Molotov) Cocktail :-)

I was taking that into account. Without that and the shark it would have trouble pushing 573 bananas.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Somebody disagrees:

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sincl ... 000060.jpg
Holy hell! I've missed loads today! (Not that I understood one word of the EvE thing or whatever mind-Eve is off Wall-E....that's all I know)

Ugh, I feel ill after eating fish and chips! I also have a biscuit question for the forum in my eternal search for my fave biccy (more details later once I check the make of them) as I never see them anymore and was wondering if they still exist
Of course Jammy Dodgers exist.
chinnyhill10 wrote:

he he
tossrStu wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Somebody disagrees:

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sincl ... 000060.jpg

Charlie Brocker is wrong!

[writes a song]
AceAceBaby wrote:

:this:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

YARR!

Grief!
Kill!
Extort!
If there's one good thing to come out of this, it's the mental picture of CG as a now-furiously-angry carebear.
I am at the mercy of the NHS with a big needle today so if I don't mention Lily Allen for a while, it didn't go well.

Still not smoking though. Even though I feel like having twenty at once at the moment.
Evilheart

Also-good luck Nemmie!
Page 14 of 60 [ 2976 posts ]