We should have one anyway, forget the wedding :D
DavPaz wrote:
woo!! stag do!

Yes break the engagement off after teh stag do

edit: sorry Shin
JamesOff wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:
Then they cut £500 of leathers off me, the basts, but I sure as hell wasn't sliding my arm through that sleeve or glove!

Is that sort of thing insuranceable or do you have to cover that?

I had the brilliant foresight of taking out insurance on the gear for £25 a year. Sorted.
DavPaz wrote:
woo!! stag do!

My boss is off on a stag weekend to Amsterdam in a couple of months. The wedding was called off, but everything was booked so they're going ahead with it - don't blame 'em.
nynfortoo wrote:
I had the brilliant foresight of taking out insurance on the gear for £25 a year. Sorted.

Insurance isn't gambling when you know it's a sure thing you'll need it.

Also, I'm getting married at Bestwood Lodge Hotel and that's slap bang in the middle of a council estate. :)
devilman wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
woo!! stag do!

My boss is off on a stag weekend to Amsterdam in a couple of months. The wedding was called off, but everything was booked so they're going ahead with it - don't blame 'em.

Oooh - why was it called off?
Mr Chris wrote:
devilman wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
woo!! stag do!

Apparently they were a couple that were always falling out, splitting up and getting back together again. Obvious marriage material. Last time they split up, it was for good though.
Mr Chris wrote:
devilman wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
woo!! stag do!

"Honey, she was a he"
I was hoping for at least some bestiality.

EDIT - IN THAT STORY.
Mr Chris wrote:

See you in the Triple room.
MaliA wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

"Honey, she was a he"

See my posting today in the Youtube thread.
Mr Chris wrote:

You can't spell 'bestiality' without 'best'.
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

You can't spell 'bestiality' without 'best'.

I put the "sexy" in dyslexia.
myp wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:

Insurance isn't gambling when you know it's a sure thing you'll need it.

:DD Indeed.

Also, my 360 steering wheel just arrived. I haven't been able to get into a single racing game on this console yet; they all feel so removed and gutless with a pad.
I'd love a steering wheel but I think I would be hung, drawn and quartered if I bought any more plastic Xbox peripherals.
Screamadelica is a fine album. Not heard it for yonks.
myp wrote:
I'd love a steering wheel but I think I would be hung, drawn and quartered if I bought any more plastic Xbox peripherals.

They come with a free box of wine. Also, they're only £65 delivered next day on Shopto.net, which isn't too bad.

But yes, my room is starting to look a little cramped and ridiculous with all these plastic toys.

edit: and the toy guitars look so cute next to my real ones.
nynfortoo wrote:
They come with a free box of wine.

encouraging drink driving? they should be ASHAMED!
nynfortoo wrote:
myp wrote:

They come with a free box of wine. Also, they're only £65 delivered next day on Shopto.net, which isn't too bad.

The problem is I'd have to bin all the driving games I've got and buy different ones, as a wheel makes you automatically crap at anything you've already got used to on the pad.

-edit- Off the top of my head I've got:

Midnight Club LA
Burnout Paradise
Baja: Edge of Control
SBK 08
Forza 2
SEGA Rally
Test Drive Unlimited
Flatout UC

I'm not buying a wheel to play with Fatal Inertia and Import Tuner Challenge. ;)
myp wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:
myp wrote:

The problem is I'd have to bin all the driving games I've got and buy different ones, as a wheel makes you automatically crap at anything you've already got used to on the pad.

I assumed that using a wheel with Vanishing Point (two Primal Scream references on the same page) on the Dreamcast would make a bloody hard game a fraction easier. I was wrong.
Colin Mcrae:Rally (the first one) was ace with a wheel. The second one, not so much
I bought a wheel the other week as well and I'm shit with it at Forza, but I think this is more down to not being able to find a table that I can stick the wheel on, so I have to have it on my lap.

That and the layout of the pedals seems to encourage left-foot braking and a right-foot loud pedal, which means that I unconsciously push the brake down whenever I change gear using the flappy paddles, thinking it's the clutch.

Will need to weigh it down so I can just use my right-foot for both pedals, and possibly learn heel-and-toe ;)
Or learn to use your left foot? :) Trying to use right on both will be a hiding to nowhere.

Also yeah, don't have it on the lap, an ironing board makes a surprisingly good, height adjustable table.
DavPaz wrote:
Probability of eventual death for human being.......... 100%.

I wonder if we can scientifically say that, there are humans still alive...
not for long. (see watchmen thread, re Plissken)
Dudley wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Probability of eventual death for human being.......... 100%.

I wonder if we can scientifically say that, there are humans still alive...

But surely the number of humans currently alive divided by the number of humans ever lived makes it an infinitesemally small number, so as to make it effectively zero?
Dudley wrote:
Also yeah, don't have it on the lap, an ironing board makes a surprisingly good, height adjustable table.

I'd completely forgotten that I've got an ironing board. There's a Gaming Top Tip for jonarob there.
myp wrote:
But surely the number of humans currently alive divided by the number of humans ever lived makes it an infinitesemally small number, so as to make it effectively zero?

Actually, some people estimate that there are as many people alive right now as there have been in whole of human history. Sounds fishy to me though
A long time ago, markg wrote:
Watched this the other night:

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/its-fiv ... e-trailer/

only it was in Japanese with no subtitles, didn't seem to much matter though, awesome film. Proper belly LOLs aplenty.
I watched this last night with subtitles, they don't really help much. Excellent film, possibly even better than 'Story of Ricky'.
I got The Wheel for Christmas. I've had about an hour with it on Forza, in which I could barely travel in a straight line for fifty yards at a time.

So exactly the same as when I'm driving my real car, then.
GazChap wrote:
Dudley wrote:

I'd completely forgotten that I've got an ironing board. There's a Gaming Top Tip for jonarob there.
have just taken that, duds?
I'm glad Gaz got the steering wheel, gives me something else to laugh at! :DD Christ it's funny watching someone on it :D
Just had a quick blast in my lunch-break. It's ace, but it's going to take some getting used to. It's certainly more fun than using a pad, even if I'm not as good, but it's the fun-factor that gaming's all about.

Force Feedback is wonderful.
nynfortoo wrote:

But will it break your arm if you crash into a tractor, that's the question. If not, then it's clearly insufficient.
DavPaz wrote:
have just taken that, duds?

I haven't lived there for well over a year, sadly there's not room for that setup here.
WullieOoster wrote:

only it was in Japanese with no subtitles, didn't seem to much matter though, awesome film. Proper belly LOLs aplenty.
I watched this last night with subtitles, they don't really help much. Excellent film, possibly even better than 'Story of Ricky'.

Yay, someone else has seen it!

The penultimate boss battle with the flying hands is amazing isn't it.
markg wrote:
WullieOoster wrote:

Yay, someone else has seen it!

The penultimate boss battle with the flying hands is amazing isn't it.

ZOMG!!! SPO.... oh I can't arsed.
ComicalGerald wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:

But will it break your arm if you crash into a tractor, that's the question. If not, then it's clearly insufficient.

I hate you so much :'(
Sorry dude, the joke was there to be had :D
ComicalGerald wrote:
Sorry dude, the joke was there to be had :D

I wouldn't have it any other way!
Did you get a steering wheel so you didn't have to play with your crippled arm?
myp wrote:
Did you get a steering wheel so you didn't have to play with your crippled arm?

No, it's all part of my physio ;) So are the GH:WT drums. And so I'm immune to hanging, drawing and/or quartering.

I did try playing the wheel with one hand on the top, like a pimp. It didn't really work out, as the front of my car will attest to.
ComicalGerald wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Well, he certainly is a Hunt.

It's got to be a pisstake.
Come now, he's merely a man expecting people to pay to read his unsubstantiated and unproven words of wisdom, what could possibly go wrong?

Man, that's an eerily familiar concept.
Let's see if this works:

Quote:
Comment from Hobbes on January 8th, 2009 : Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I too will use this post to stay motivated on what I am trying to accomplish in 2009. One of my intended accomplishments for this year is avoiding clicking on links to websites run by irredeemable twats.
Well, http://www.givemeaquid.co.uk is available. I wonder what would happen if I bought it and just put a paypal donate button on there for £1.

Yes, I like this idea. It's bound to pay off.
ComicalGerald wrote:
Well, http://www.givemeaquid.co.uk is available. I wonder what would happen if I bought it and just put a paypal donate button on there for £1.

Yes, I like this idea. It's bound to pay off.

The days of the Million Dollar Homepage are over, I'm afraid.
Page 11 of 60 [ 2976 posts ]