Bits & Bobs 6
Bits and Boobies!
GazChap wrote:
Being cruelly rejected and cast to one side was punishment enough, nothing you bastards can do to me could possibly compare.

*Picks up Dimrill in the Burger Van, stopping on route to GazChaps at the Trout and Spoon shop*
So, rather unexpectedly, a pair of buzzards who were fighting over a mouse managed to chuck it at our living room window. Olly looks up and says "Post!" "Not quite, son. Not quite".
GazChap wrote:
myp wrote:
*shakes head* You'll never hear the end of this.

Being cruelly rejected and cast to one side was punishment enough, nothing you bastards can do to me could possibly compare.

It's not we (the great unwashed) that you have to worry about. :)
Watched Blood Diamond the other day. Very good, I thought. Bit perturbed by all the white Saffers and Zimbabweans calling each other what sounded like "Broo", though.
Crying my eyes out in 15 minutes if the guy under us says 'no' to me having my cats up here.

If that's the case it's back to devon for me and you guys shall be Shin-free

My mum having COPD is affecting her ability to breathe and 5 cats are no good, my sister does fuck all for her and it's getting harder each day she says to do things-she's felt like this for a while.

*Readies the kleenex*

Update 9:50: Gaz has been talking to him for ages-I may burst with the worry!!
how goes it then?
Shin wrote:
Crying my eyes out in 15 minutes if the guy under us says 'no' to me having my cats up here.

If that's the case it's back to devon for me and you guys shall be Shin-free

My mum having COPD is affecting her ability to breathe and 5 cats are no good, my sister does fuck all for her and it's getting harder each day she says to do things-she's flt like ths for a while.

*Readies the kleenex*

Update 9:50: Gaz has been talking to hi for ages-I may burst with the worry!!

Any cat news??
We'll never be shin free.

On the bright side if you're in Devon I give you permission to visit Jamesoff every single day.

EVERY. DAY.
Tragically I am about to move to London.
Under cover of darkness if needed?
I Live in Devon!

Malc
I'm booking a train ticket with both Internets.
Malc wrote:
I Live in Devon!

Duds and I can probably hide you in London if you want.
WHAT NEWS OF CATS?
Her absence implies really good or really bad news.

Or, I suppose, no news at all.

I'm rubbish at this.
The guy underneath isn't overly keen on the idea-he is one of the directors of the management company for the building (as is Gaz) and from that POV he cannot really go against what has been agreed by all members who live here.

His mentioned key facts were:

Fleas
Hygiene
Allergies anyone else has to cats

I am not exactly going to go down there with my Momo and rub her in his face am I? So it's mental really. They are indoor cats and I groom/clean/train them so they are mega good! (Anyone who says 'you can't train a cat' is talking BS btw-just thought I'd get that in there now) hygiene won't be a problem at all either.

Gaz has said he will take this upon his own head, as it were, and if anything happens (not that I imagine it will at all) then it's on our heads.

Sooo....I can have the cats, not yet, but I can have them.

Gaz has said I will have to move eventually though due to the fact we are not really meant to have cats-so I have won, but not won.

I will get a job asap (cross fingers!!) and save up to move out

Thanks for asking all and sorry to bore y'all with this dilemma
Good news.

I think.
You might as well do the decent thing and propose, Gaz. She's never going to leave.
myp wrote:
You might as well do the decent thing and propose, Gaz. She's never going to leave.

I am glad I wasn't the only one thinking this!

Why don't you eat the cats then stuff them, problem solved. :hat:
myp wrote:

James! Cancel the London move and step down military guard!
Dudley wrote:

Back to DEFCON 5. Only twenty minutes to midnight.
I am waiting for the articles in the Shropshire Star, of the mad cat woman of old Shrewsbury Town.

Congrats Mrs Gazchap
Wouldn't the moving of cats into the building cause a breach of contract with the other residents and open up a big can of worms if another resident was allergic and suffered as a result?
I think that's the point, innit? Gaz has taken responsibility off the landlord. Big risk if you ask me.

But then... I hate cats
I watched Dead Set on DVD last night. Nice zombie mini series thing, but I wanted to strangle the cameraman by the end of it. All that shaking made my head feel funny and was remarkably distracting.
It's a cheap trick to make video look more 'dynamic'. I can't remember which show it is, but some american crime nonsense is filmed entirely as if from another room, secretly, with things blocking the camera at times and full on waverycam. I turned it off due to mild nausea.
DavPaz wrote:
It's a cheap trick to make video look more 'dynamic'. I can't remember which show it is, but some american crime nonsense is filmed entirely as if from another room, secretly, with things blocking the camera at times and full on waverycam. I turned it off due to mild nausea.

NYPD Blue.
that's the bugger.
MaliA wrote:
Wouldn't the moving of cats into the building cause a breach of contract with the other residents and open up a big can of worms if another resident was allergic and suffered as a result?

Yes, although the cats are going to be confined to the inside of my flat only so allergic reactions shouldn't be possible - unless somehow cat hairs etc. can go through walls :P

Besides, plenty of other residents are already breaching the contracts (such as the guys above who continually do DIY that ends up with them putting down wooden flooring, which is forbidden) and the guy above and to the right who frequently has loud arguments with his girlfriend in the common areas, annoying everyone else :P

It's only going to be a temporary thing anyway, until Shin can save up enough to move out.
Went back to the hospital yesterday for my first fracture clinic checkup in two months. The consultant surgeon guy is very pleased with the progress of my arm's mobility so far.

I finally got to see the x-ray of my arm before the surgery, and my goodness it was a mess. There was no recognisable joint there at all, and the humerus had been split in two along its length, with eight or nine major bone fragments. I didn't manage to get a print-out this time, but I'll badger the consultant next time.

I'm back in 3 months' time for another checkup, where I'll have to make the decision of whether or not to go in for another operation to remove the wires* and a few of the more-prominent screws, save the huge discomfort they are.

Also:

This metal plate has snapped clean in two. Though chances are it's through my bones fusing together and moving, putting huge amounts of stress on the metal.

*the wires, it turns out, are nothing to do with fixing the fracture. To get access to the fracture site, they had to chip the end of my elbow bone off, and this huge bunch of wiring is to pin that back in place. The consultant laughed when I suggested it was his autograph on the x-ray. He also suggested the small bump in my forearm was the ring he lost during surgery, hah.

Aside from all that, I've made the nicest chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted. Made with Green & Black's cocoa, Green & Black's 70% cocoa chocolate bar, vanilla, vodka and custard-based instead of just cream/milk. It's incredibly rich, and beautifully soft.
GazChap wrote:
It's only going to be a temporary thing anyway, until it's 5 years later and we're married with a mortgage and I'm sat there with a bewildered look on my face going "WTF just happened?".

Real Life Feex
GazChap wrote:
It's only going to be a temporary thing anyway, until Shin can save up enough to move out.

We'd better start looking at suits.
nynfortoo wrote:
Went back to the hospital yesterday....

You know Nyn, I think you had your accident before I became an active member. What happened exactly? If you don't mind me asking of course ;)
He got TRACTORPWND.
myp wrote:
GazChap wrote:

The stag do is going to be awesome. And weird.
Dudley wrote:

Aww :(
DavPaz wrote:
GazChap wrote:
It's only going to be a temporary thing anyway, until it's 5 years later and we're married with a mortgage and I'm sat there with a bewildered look on my face going "WTF just happened?".

Real Life Feex

But I've already got a mortgage!

:P
Plissken wrote:
myp wrote:
GazChap wrote:

The stag do is going to be awesome. And weird.

And, probably, on a fucking week night.
DavPaz wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:
Went back to the hospital yesterday....

You know Nyn, I think you had your accident before I became an active member. What happened exactly? If you don't mind me asking of course ;)

No worries! I was coming home from work on my motorbike. I'd taken to traveling a different route as the A51 was closed for 3 months along a 2-mile stretch, completely messing up my normal journey. The new route was a gorgeously twisty section of roads for 13 miles until you hit the A41 and cut across through Chester to get back home. It's a lovely ride, not even as remotely busy as the official diversion.

A few miles into the journey, I went round one of the more-shallow of the bends, slightly downhill and with perfect visibility until you get right to the end, where a hedge obscures your view down the straight. 60mph road. though I wasn't going as fast as that. As soon as I cleared the hedge and saw down the road, there was a tractor with trailer horizontally across both lanes right in front of me, giving me a few seconds max to react and stop. I looked for an escape route, but it was blocking everything, and its trailer extended well into the muddy farm back-entrance it was pulling out from.

No chance, so I went head-on into the trailer, blacked out then woke up on the floor, unable to move and surrounded by people with an ambulance on its way. I really shouldn't be alive, and it's incredible I 'only' shattered my arm.
[Inserts "Kawasaki's Disease" joke]
nynfortoo wrote:
I HIT A TRACTOR ON MY MOTORBIKE, PROBABLY BECAUSE I WAS GOING TOO FAST AROUND A BLIND BEND

Summary Feex.
TRACTORPWND was better.
ComicalGerald wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:
I HIT A TRACTOR ON MY MOTORBIKE, PROBABLY BECAUSE I WAS GOING TOO FAST AROUND A BLIND BEND

Summary Feex.

The case hasn't been resolved, so I'm not saying anything! The other party's insurance company are hoping to decide whether or not they'll accept liability in the next couple of weeks.
I was going to go for I CAN HITZ TRACTOR? but lolcats is so overdone as it is.
Lolcats are also fucking shit.
myp wrote:

Of all the things that you have ever been wrong about myp, that is the most recent.
Plissken wrote:
myp wrote:

Of all the things that you have ever been wrong about myp, that is the most recent.

Shockingly, I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with Myp, which is nigh on unheard of.
Page 9 of 60 [ 2976 posts ]