Spotify - Free music streaming thingy
Beta sign up within
Hearthly wrote:
What got you onto Cumberland Gap? I heard it in 'The Gentlemen' and thought it was a great track so added it to Chopley's Awesome Playlist.

I'm a big fan of Gillian Welch, so when I tried the Spotify Radio list for her, it kept popping up with that song. The whole album is good too, so I end up listening to it a few times a week.
Mr Chonks wrote:
I listened to 1,075 new artists this year. My mate Dave beat me by 13 :(

Only 319 this year. And 1/3rd of the amount of minutes listened. I did get into podcasts at the start of the year and then spent the rest of it at home, where I don’t tend to listen to a lot of music.
Mr Chonks wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
I listened to 1,075 new artists this year. My mate Dave beat me by 13 :(

Only 319 this year. And 1/3rd of the amount of minutes listened. I did get into podcasts at the start of the year and then spent the rest of it at home, where I don’t tend to listen to a lot of music.

Only 300 new artists for me, but listening time went from 67,000 to 80,000. I wonder if they'll eventually try and get me off their legacy Unlimited Plan at £4.99 a month and pay full price for premium instead.
I was looking at my stats this morning, too. Behold!
What the hell is otacore?
Anime fan-pop. Obvs.
Ok, I’m interested. Whatcha’ got to recommend?
No real surprises for me this year
340 new artists for me, 1,086 total. Some stuff is rather tainted by the fact that I play Country music to food while I'm cooking it (and because Cras and I invented The Country Music Drinking Game). Screenies next.
Attachment:
Screenshot_20201202-125550_Spotify.jpg

Attachment:
Screenshot_20201202-125406_Spotify.jpg
Ahahaha, Something 'Bout A Truck is your #2 song of the year :DD
This be mine.

Disagrees with my last.fm numbers, which is interesting as they both run pretty much just on what I play on my phone in Spotify.
I've never looked at my Spotify stats. Perhaps I should.
It's not a normal stats thing, it's their annual roundup of the year
Grim... wrote:
340 new artists for me, 1,086 total. Some stuff is rather tainted by the fact that I play Country music to food while I'm cooking it (and because Cras and I invented The Country Music Drinking Game). Screenies next.

You play it TO the food? Do you mean in the same way that Prince Charles talks to plants?
Satsuma wrote:

Oh, please don’t think that I listen to anything interest. That’s entirely my little boy, who has worked out how to put Spotify on the big TV and plays fan-made music based on various Ghibli films.

But he is also the main source behind the fact that my account is in the top 0.05% of Yusuf/Cat Stevens streamers.
Satsuma wrote:

Such a weeaboo
Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:

You play it TO the food? Do you mean in the same way that Prince Charles talks to plants?

Actually no, that's not the case - I play it to the fire.
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Actually no, that's not the case - I play it to the fire.

Ah, well that makes much more sense :D
I know you all love the Spotify yearly round-up, but Ocado have jumped on that bandwagon. What genres of food did you buy? What snacks streamed into your mouth more than anyone else’s? Did you download tenderstem broccoli more times than anyone else in the West Midlands (you didn’t, because I did)?
We don't have Ocado here so I don't get that but my Sainsbury's shopping list shows a strong preference for Brewdog beer and cubed pancetta.

My Spotify unwrapped tells it's own story. It makes it pretty obvious that I have kids, and I'd hazard you'd even be able to successfully guess there's a baby and a pre-school age child based on the tracks.

The first song of my own choosing doesn't appear until after the whole of the Frozen 1, Frozen 2, and Moana soundtracks.

Attachment:
spotify unwrapped.png
Mimi wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Oh, please don’t think that I listen to anything interest. That’s entirely my little boy, who has worked out how to put Spotify on the big TV and plays fan-made music based on various Ghibli films.

But he is also the main source behind the fact that my account is in the top 0.05% of Yusuf/Cat Stevens streamers.

Totally missed this reply.

I found Priscilla Ahn from ‘When Marnie Was There’ who is ridiculously good and also did the entire OST which I still bang to this day.
sdg wrote:
We don't have Ocado here so I don't get that but my Sainsbury's shopping list shows a strong preference for Brewdog beer and cubed pancetta.

My Spotify unwrapped tells it's own story. It makes it pretty obvious that I have kids, and I'd hazard you'd even be able to successfully guess there's a baby and a pre-school age child based on the tracks.

The first song of my own choosing doesn't appear until after the whole of the Frozen 1, Frozen 2, and Moana soundtracks.

Attachment:
spotify unwrapped.png

My spotify has been pretty good at ignoring what is clearly kids music, though it's made the occasional omission by permitting Thunderbirds soundtracks into my end of year list. That said, the Thunderbirds albums are pretty bad ass.
Page 12 of 12 [ 573 posts ]