This forum, then
We've all been here for a few weeks now, so are there any changes or anything people are missing, forum-wise?

Bear in mind that I won't necessarily do everything you suggest - I have other shit to do ;)
If there was a way for topic posters to edit the topic title I wouldn't always look so stupid when I notice my typos five seconds after pressing 'submit'.
Obviously I plan to start charging you all to use it when it's done.
Could we have a RevStu bot?
Mimi wrote:
If there was a way for topic posters to edit the topic title I wouldn't always look so stupid when I notice my typos five seconds after pressing 'submit'.

I'm sure I did this the other day, just click the edit button on your first post.
Perhaps some kind of radical new set of smilies might brighten the place up? Failing that, new mods.
Mimi wrote:

Can they not, then? Is it not at the top of the 'edit' page if you started the thread?
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Can they not, then? Is it not at the top of the 'edit' page if you started the thread?

Yes, er... carry on....
We possibly need another two weeks of using the forum before this thread...
Mimi wrote:
giraffearoos

Wrong thread?
Is there any way to get a 'last post by' bit on the thread listings so we don't have to scroll through the whole thread (or click on the last posters name like I kept on doing at first)?
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Is there any way to get a 'last post by' bit on the thread listings so we don't have to scroll through the whole thread (or click on the last posters name like I kept on doing at first)?

It's on the far right.

Seriously now, people...
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

It has that. Just after the poster's name!
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
giraffearoos

Wrong thread?

Yes

Maybe we need a 'How to use this forum...' Sorry Grim... it works and everything!

*puts specs on*
I have been wondering if it's not worth taking a CSS hatchet to maybe simplify the layout a bit, in some hacky fashion, Mr. Grim... Y'know, to make things a bit... y'know... well, so Joey Deacon can use it.

But for that, unless you want to do it, you'd have to give me code access. That's when I'd implant the 'little surprise' I've been preparing on to your server. Or, not, if you just gave me a chroot jail inside /var/www, and SSH access.
Guns, lots of guns.
Re the Topics page: I think that threads with unread posts should have the darker blue title, and threads that you have read should be in the pale blue.

Can we have more Anthony Flack?
CUS wrote:
you'd have to give me code access

CSS is updatable in the admin area. However - I'd advise not doing it just yet - any changes to the forum (code-wise) normally require changes to the templates and maybe the stylesheets - so if there is more than one style it will involve duplicating some work. I plan to turn the PHPBB3 style back on, one day.
A big picture of me.
Increasing the number of threads on the front page is the only thing I'd like. I can't see an option anywhere.
Putting an option in would probably be best, then?
Grim... wrote:
Putting an option in would probably be best, then?

Uh...yeah.
Any chance of the glorious old two-titles feature?

Also, the heads of Ted Theodore Logan and Bill S Preston Esq bookending each side of the title, so that Bill & Ted fanatics find their way here and then get confused that no one actually talks about it on the forum.
Tmuk wrote:
Could we have a RevStu bot?

BANNED!
nervouspete wrote:
Any chance of the glorious old two-titles feature?

Yeah, probably.
MAKE LINKS OPEN IN NEW PAGE/TAB THANKS.
Grim... wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

It's on the far right.

Seriously now, people...

A picture of Joey Deacon dancing.

Or you can reduce the font size on the main page so we can get more threads on the screen. And subtitles, obv. I can't be expected to be witty in just one line.
MaliA wrote:

The general consensus on this appears to be 'no', from the last discussion we had. I'll look into making it an option, though.
chinny wrote:
Or you can reduce the font size on the main page so we can get more threads on the screen. And subtitles, obv. I can't be expected to be witty in just one line.

/me points to, er, the rest of the thread
Hyperlinks to be more obvious. I often miss that they're there, because they are in a very similar shade to normal text. Making them brighter would be a good move, in my book. Also, consider this a second vote for two-tier titles.

Oh, and better smilies.

A top job is being done though.

:)
Please read the whole thread before posting, people.
Grim... wrote:
Please read the whole thread before posting, people.

...but I did.

MR KICKED PUPPY FACE
Grim... wrote:
chinny wrote:

** points to, er, the rest of the thread

I would do, except the forums just gone mental and now has a 1995 style.

[edit: Oh, it's back]
Can we have an option for showing more than the current default number of posts on one page, please?
Stuff wot I done said in t'other thread:
Quote:
Yes, let's have a subtitle please, daddy?

Quote:
Why does the Super-Fast-Reply box only appear if you're on the last page? :( Why should I be forced to read things?! I want to make ignorant , half-informed replies!

Quote:
Can the names of the people what-done-a-post be made bigger as well? Eg the bit that says "POD" over there <---

Quote:
Ooo, can the favicon be turned into a smilie? :) PweeeeeezE?
edit: Also; it's quite hard to tell which page you're on. Dark Blue looks like Dark Black on the old "go to this page" bit;)

Some of these have already been mentioned, but I am SHOWING MY SUPPORT!! I also SHOW MY SUPPORT for the following ideas: Option about posts per page; Option about threads per index and of source I also SHOW MY SUPPORT for Our British Troops.
Curiosity wrote:
Hyperlinks to be more obvious.

I've underlined them - any good?
Grim... wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Hyperlinks to be more obvious.

I've underlined them - any good?

Opens in same window/tab.

MR HAVING TO PRESS THE BACK BUTTON FACE
Quote:
Why does the Super-Fast-Reply box only appear if you're on the last page? :( Why should I be forced to read things?! I want to make ignorant , half-informed replies!

Wait - are you serious?
Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:

The general consensus on this appears to be 'no', from the last discussion we had. I'll look into making it an option, though.

Then everyone else is a fucking idiot, with all due respect of course /mutters under breath 'you fucking idiots'.

Seriously this is the one 'feature' of the forum that drives me up the wall.
Yeah, pressing CTRL (or the middle mouse button) must be quite a hardship...
Like I said, you'll get an option.
Pod wrote:
Some of these have already been mentioned, but I am SHOWING MY SUPPORT!! I also SHOW MY SUPPORT for the following ideas: Option about posts per page; Option about threads per index and of source I also SHOW MY SUPPORT for Our British Troops.

That facility for SHOWING YOUR SUPPORT for a particular comment might be interesting, if it's an easy thing to add.

Although to be honest, everything is fine, nothing to see here.
I am hoping that with any style changes, there would still be the option to get back to the default one as it is right now. Because this works nicely with images switched off and also on portable browsers and stuff.

Ok, -1 me.
Grim... wrote:

MR USES A HEADSTICK TO TYPE FACE
Zardoz wrote:
Can we have more Anthony Flack?

Indeed. More AF, please.

I don't have any proper suggestions, I'm afraid. Maybe that's a good thing though, so you don't have to do anything.
Grim... wrote:

...and pray tell which magic browsers are we using for this? I've just tried and one scrolls me a go go and the other opens the page in the same window.

Oh and definitely more Mr Flack...offer him a residency.
Morte wrote:
Grim... wrote:

...and pray tell which magic browsers are we using for this? I've just tried and one scrolls me a go go and the other opens the page in the same window.

Try right mouse -> open in new tab. Or open in new window, whichever you wanted to happen.
When text is quoted can it stay the same colour as it was instead of changing to a light blue? It looks very similar to links, and I keep trying to click on them (well, hover over them to see the URL anyway).
kalmar wrote:
Morte wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Try right mouse -> open in new tab. Or open in new window, whichever you wanted to happen.

The point is I'm old and forgetful and it is annoying...and...and...OI you kids get off that lawn!
Page 1 of 3 [ 105 posts ]