Pinball FX
I had a go on this, and thought it was rubbish.
Are any of the extra tables any good?
I like the Haunted House one, and the Buccaneer one was okay. But then I liked the main tables too; I haven't tried the Rocky and Bullwinkle one yet.
Grim... wrote:

You are wrong sir. Admittedly it's no Pinball Dreams but it is quite, quite acceptable. The issue I have with the game is the angle of the table, it makes following the ball somewhat difficult at times and the ball seems to move slightly too fast (although this could be down to age).

I can't get on with the Nightmare Mansion table (ie I totally rubbish at it), Bucanneers is a good table and I'm having fun with the Rocky & Bullwinkle table. Of the original tables the only one I don't particularly like is the Extreme table as for the most part the ball stays on the very small lower section.

In short FX Pinball = Flawed but fun, so nah Mr Grim... Nah! I say.
I like pinball games but I wasn't too much for the demo. Once you get good at the game, how long does the average game take? I wouldn't want to have to put hours into one game to challenge for the top scores.
Morte wrote:
Grim... wrote:

You are wrong sir. Admittedly it's no Pinball Dreams but it is quite, quite acceptable. The issue I have with the game is the angle of the table, it makes following the ball somewhat difficult at times and the ball seems to move slightly too fast (although this could be down to age).
[\quote]

I can't remember which button it is, but you can change the table angle with about four different settings.
I think it's excellent. It replicates pinball to a tee, and all of the tables are ace barring the Extreme one for which I echo what was said above.

Nine bananas. (Out of seven).
Grim... wrote:

You like the Sims though Dude.
i like the full game far better than the demo though.. didn't get around to trying the new table.. and as ikaruga will be around tomorrow, i'll probably forget
Ikaruga is out tomorrow!

Cor!!!
WOO! I like Ikaruga lots, even if I am poor at it. Classic Treasure schmup with leaderboards and achievements, for under a tenner FTW!
myoptika wrote:
I can't remember which button it is, but you can change the table angle with about four different settings.

Ooh, now this could make a world of difference.
It might be the bumpers.
It's the X button I think.
Trousers do you stick with one view or switch it around during play ie when the ball goes to the top of the table?

Your scores are frightening btw, your Mrs must hate games more than mine.
Pinball FX is lovely. LOVELY, I say!

Although I may be taking a break from it for a while, as I've just got my mitts on Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection and it is equally as lovely.
Zardoz wrote:
Trousers do you stick with one view or switch it around during play ie when the ball goes to the top of the table?

Your scores are frightening btw, your Mrs must hate games more than mine.

I always play in the default view - changing makes me nauseous.

Malc74's scores are far in excess of mine, as are Cadmium Lemon's on a couple. But he hates this forum so fuck him up his bum. Ha
Trousers wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Malc74's scores are far in excess of mine, as are Cadmium Lemon's on a couple. But he hates this forum so fuck him up his bum. Ha

!
Trousers wrote:
Malc74's scores are far in excess of mine

Except for Nightmare Mansion, where you have a most impressive 91 million that I'm extremely jealous of, as my 31 mil seemed to take me absolutely bloody ages and I have no idea how to improve.
"Hit more pointy things"
Grim... wrote:
Trousers wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

!

Well not this forum explicitly but the whole splinter concept really got him quite angry I seem to recall. It all seemed to be down to CUS' evil luring away of everyone and only 1% down to Stu.

I still love him though. Just not in *that* way anymore.
Malc74 wrote:
Trousers wrote:
Malc74's scores are far in excess of mine

Except for Nightmare Mansion, where you have a most impressive 91 million that I'm extremely jealous of, as my 31 mil seemed to take me absolutely bloody ages and I have no idea how to improve.

I had one of those goes where you get 7 extra balls even though you've no idea how.
To be fair, I've not heard from Cadmium since his big spackfest in regards to this all, over on WoB, since he's said his piece. The big silly. Anyway, Pinball.
not sure i like the new table (ikaruga is not out yet, probably in an hour or so, so i downloaded this)
romanista wrote:
not sure i like the new table (ikaruga is not out yet, probably in an hour or so, so i downloaded this)

It's probably my favourite of the downloadable ones so far in that the ramps are tricky to hit at times but once you've got your eye in it becomes a really "in the zone" combo-fest.

Reminds me of the middle ramps in Fish Tales where you could rack 'em up super quick if you were playing well or the right hand ramp in Star Wars which would could keep looping with the right flipper on a good day for a guaranteed extra ball.
I agree with Trousers that the R&B table is probably the best of the downloadable ones. Its only flaw, really, is that the ball save feature is way too easy to activate - I swear in my 800mil score I must've gone through about 50 balls.

Oh, and Rocky. Most. Annoying. Cartoon. Voice. EVER.
Bought this yesterday and I'm rather glad I did. It's strange how a lot of demos put me off the full game - I think in this case it was the 'oh, you would've had two achievements by now if you'd had the full game' within just a few minutes of playing the damn thing (I'm not a fan of games that just throw achievement points at you). Not a great fine of the Extreme table but the others are good so far. I can see it's going to take me some practise to catch any of those bloody scores - although I did my typical pinball game routine of getting a decent score on the first ball (330 million I think) and then promptly cocked every other ball up.
Hmph. I was on my way to 700 million on Speed Machine with a couple of balls left and the ball got stuck in the mission hole. Had to quit the bloody game.
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ]