Would anyone like to do me a favour?
As some of you have doubtlessly realised by my annoying sig, I'm doing the London Marathon this Sunday. While it's almost certain I won't be seen on the TV coverage, I'd quite like to have a recording of pretty much the entire thing so I can watch it back afterwards and get a nice gooey feeling. Unless of course, I don't finish, in which case it'll be like hot pokers to my eyes. Either way, I want it.

While I do have a naff old video, I don't have a dvd recorder, and neither does anyone I immediately know. Chances are one of you lovely people possess one, and for some reason you might not hate me sufficiently to record it all for me on a nice shiny disc, and then send it to me afterwards. I could record it on video, but chances are I'll want to watch it electronically, and then send it out to family and crap, and I'm really not good at transcoding from video to dvd.

Willing participants will be rewarded in some way. Probably via a free PTS t-shirt and some jelly beans. Any takers? Ta :D
If no-one can do this, and it's uploaded to UKNova or the like, I can happily burn a copy off. I don't have a TV Tunercard to capture it though.
Blimey, do they cap it on UKNova? If so, that'd solve the whole problem, but I'd be surprised if they uploaded the whole thing :ugeek:
If you request it, I would have thought so. Length usually isn't an issue if enough people want to see it.
Sheepeh wrote:
Length usually isn't an issue if enough people want to see it.
You've already seen it, you. Shush, and have another biscuit.
If I remember I'll do it - but Sundays is lie in day!!!

Good luck anyway :)
I can set the digibox thing up to record it, and see if I can access HDD from a computer and try and burn it.

Alternativelyh, why not rip teh stream from the BBC's website and save it?

Either way, I will ask in my other place for you as well, as they might KNOW MORE!
ComicalGnomes wrote:
As some of you have doubtlessly realised by my annoying sig, I'm doing the London Marathon this Sunday. While it's almost certain I won't be seen on the TV coverage, I'd quite like to have a recording of pretty much the entire thing so I can watch it back afterwards and get a nice gooey feeling. Unless of course, I don't finish, in which case it'll be like hot pokers to my eyes. Either way, I want it.

While I do have a naff old video, I don't have a dvd recorder, and neither does anyone I immediately know. Chances are one of you lovely people possess one, and for some reason you might not hate me sufficiently to record it all for me on a nice shiny disc, and then send it to me afterwards. I could record it on video, but chances are I'll want to watch it electronically, and then send it out to family and crap, and I'm really not good at transcoding from video to dvd.

Willing participants will be rewarded in some way. Probably via a free PTS t-shirt and some jelly beans. Any takers? Ta :D

I live in greenwich, and as such am tempted to go to the bit just after the Cutty Sark and yell "Go on, Comical Gnomes!" loudly for an hour or two.

But that would be stupid.
Curiosity wrote:
I live in greenwich, and as such am tempted to go to the bit just after the Cutty Sark and yell "Go on, Comical Gnomes!" loudly for an hour or two.

But that would be stupid.

I would get up early on Sunday morning just to come and record you doing that! :D
I lasted 13 miles last year.

Then, I got out of bed, switched the telly off and went to the pub.
I really need to figure out my DVD/HDD Recorder thing. I'd have no problem recording the thing but it'd be a case of getting the settings right so that it recorded it at the right quality to actually fit on a disc.. currently I think it's set up to only do an hour or so which isn't a lot of use unless everyone runs it really quickly.
devilman wrote:
I really need to figure out my DVD/HDD Recorder thing. I'd have no problem recording the thing but it'd be a case of getting the settings right so that it recorded it at the right quality to actually fit on a disc.. currently I think it's set up to only do an hour or so which isn't a lot of use unless everyone runs it really quickly.

Can't you set it to long play?
I have an Archos thing with a docking station. It records to some kind of AVI file. If I can figure out how to set it on a timer, I can probably record the marathon.
Right, I'm off to London tonight so I'll either be back on Sunday night or Monday sometime. Unless of course I die, in which case I probably won't.

If there was ever a time to lean on poverty-stricken internet types for free cash, it's now, so if you want to sponsor me, now would be a really good time. £2 would do it - remember, that's only 6p per day. Patrons who cough up a whole tenner get a free t-shirt and incestuous gratitude. You heard me.

Otherwise, toodle-oo :)

:hat:
Who's ComicalGnomes?
On Sunday he'll be that wobbly, sweating mess who has collapsed with supa-cramp within half a mile of the start line :)
People who deserve love:

Sheepeh.
Who's this Sheepeh3000 fella then! I am devastated and hurt.
Errr *looks around innocently*

Cheers dude :D

:hat:
I've only just realised that you're running 'for leukemia', Gnomes. Okay then.

edit: woo, free t-shirt? woo! I hope you do them in Fat Bast sizes.
edit2: "£2 would do it - remember, that's only 6p per day." Arf! Ahem. Arf, though.
CUS wrote:
edit: woo, free t-shirt? woo! I hope you do them in Fat Bast sizes.

He doesn't :(
Thanks+++ CUS, consider me your new bitch for at least a week.

I do t-shirts in all sizes, up to XXL for even the meatiest of generous people. Check the shop page on PTS for available sizes. The only thing that's usually sold out is the 'Snack Pimp at Work' tees, which turned out to be quite popular.

Seriously though, cheers. Didn't expect anything from anyone so I'm delighted. :munkeh:

Email me desired t-shirt(s) style, colour, and postal address for great justice.

I'm leaving work now, and won't be around until monday, so if anyone else sponsors me between now and then, same goes for you. Cheers! :D :DD ;) :)
Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ]