Adventures in CSS
Another dabble into html for me and I thought I'd poke around more with css to see if I can get into it. I thought I was doing ok briefly but I seem to have come unstuck. This page looks how I (sorry, our graphic designer) wants it to look in Firefox but in IE the three small images are displayed in a completely different place but I don't know if it's something to do with the div (yes, me, I know) or the img properties. Google isn't being overly helpful on this so any help from you lot?

Oh and Mr Grannel - is this the kinda thing covered in your book?
I suspect you need to add 'clear: right;' to the div holding the three images.
Also: I see those tables, you naughty boy, you.
Grim... wrote:
Also: I see those tables, you naughty boy, you.

Heh they came with the template I chose - They'll have to do for now as for some reason the new site has to be finished by the end of the month which should be interesting as none of the content has been written yet. :)

I'll try that clear thing now.. ta!
Excellent.. that did the trick. Thanks!

Now I just need to centre the three things under the bigger image properly but that can wait till the morning.. I'm off duty now!
devilman wrote:
Oh and Mr Grannel - is this the kinda thing covered in your book?

Using techniques from the book, that layout should be no problem at all to make, even if you've no prior experience in CSS. Two copies left, and then they're gone for good (at this price anyway).
Ah, I'm about to delve into CSS myself soon.
My old website was entirely my basic HTML, came out well but CSS would be a huge help I feel.
Craig certainly knows his stuff. And I do mine - I'm a newly minted PHP Billionaire myself, and I can say that Craig Grannell knows websites like I know eating cheese.
I'm waiting for his book to arrive :)
And I love cheese! Now I'm hungry...
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]