Worst video game music ever...
I caught up with Metropolis Street Racer over the weekend as my wiimote ran out of batteries and I was too drunk to drive to the garage (three miles away), so I went on the Dreamcast with it's lovely always work when plugged in controllers.

I played a few of the races I missed and had to turn the sound down after roughly 1 minute of being in a race. Every song in that game is freakin' gash. Now I know there is an element of parody in the tunes but it seems like each one was specifically written to grate on my nerves. Especially the sub Oasis "when tomorrow comes you'll wish you lived your life.... toooday. When tomorrow coooomes" What? shut up?

Does anyone agree with me?
MSR is a good game, but if memory serves, one of the music channels is devoted to cliched Country music ?

NOT a good fit for a racing game (not a good fit for anything else actually....) .....
The songs on MSR are terrible songs, yes. I saw somewhere recently, one of the Bizarre Creations 'crew' talking of their pride regarding having all these 'real' songs in the game, like a 'real' radio, and stuff. It's a fine technical achievement in its own way, but lawdy lawdy lawdy.

Imagine the most exciting bit of the best Ridge Racer game, and you're having the best and most fun time ever, to a thumping beat that mirrors the action perfectly. The music changes - it is 'Chasing Pavements*' by Adele - and she's not really putting that much effort in! She's PHONING IN CHASING PAVEMENTS.

Brrrr. Good (if difficult) game, though.

*Not actually in MSR.
was thatt article not in games tm it soudns familiar.
Runcle: I didn't read it, but I would like to see it, this is just my thoughts from the weekend, Scan?
To add. I am not copying anything from games TM I only buy PC gamer.

*ducks*
Sorry ive got no scanner. Actually I would have just mailed the pages but I cant seem to find it, I may have chucked the issue out.
What did they say in Games TM?
Steve wrote:
To add. I am not copying anything from games TM I only buy PC gamer.

*ducks*

I was meaning in regard to CUS seeing something with someone bizarre creations, i was guessing he saw it in games tm.

Can't remember reading it to be honest, just basic points in my memory.
I've probably got that somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out. The piece is about MSR, but it talks highly of the music. Well, someone interviewed talks highly of the music. I suspect he was the musician that did the music. In MSR. It's a FPS*.

* Guest joke.
BertyBasset wrote:
MSR is a good game, but if memory serves, one of the music channels is devoted to cliched Country music ?

NOT a good fit for a racing game (not a good fit for anything else actually....) .....

The country station in San Andreas was cool, mind you I like country so I might be biased...
Yep I could listen to that. But MSR Radio was horrible. I last did a couple of japanese races I was longing for the radio to suddenly go: " Yeah yeah noh noh yey oh. Yeah yeah funky yey oy, GTA style. It didn't.
Yeah, I was more responding to the "Country music not a goo fit for anything bit", with which I heartily disagree, and using SA as an example of where it worked in a game. Can't think of any other examples, mind...
You are both called Steve!
Yes, yes we are. It is the name of champions.
Nothing beats the music in Sega Rally and Daytona USA. I'm so sad I've even copied it to my iPod.
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]