Yathzee
just watching a few more of his reviews,the simcity soc. is brilliant
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... -Societies
i loved Zack & Wiki review, and every other that features purple dildos (pretty much everything)
I thought his review of Super Mario: Galaxy was the only accurate one in existence.
who cares if its accurate or not. As long as its funny
Well, people might care if it's accurate because it's meant to be a review.
Glass Museum wrote:

there are 10000000001 review websited around. I don't think people watch yahtzee videos for its accuracy.
RuySan wrote:
Glass Museum wrote:

there are 10000000001 review websited around. I don't think people watch yahtzee videos for its accuracy.

But I find him more accurate than most of the other review sites.
I do, and funny as it is I wouldn't bother watching it if I didn't think he wasn't accurate, TBH.
Grim... wrote:
I do, and funny as it is I wouldn't bother watching it if I didn't think he wasn't accurate, TBH.

the first time i read your post, i interpreted it as if SMG review was the only accurate review of yahtzee.
I also think they're accurate, but that's not the main point.
Is accuracy possible within an opinion?
CUS wrote:
Is accuracy possible within an opinion?

I think you could be onto something there.
CUS is right. Reviews are only accurate if they agree with my opinion.
Huh. You better tell us your opinion so we know which ones to listen to, then.
It's possible for an observation to be accurate.
I think quite a few are accurate tbh.
Very funny guy too, love them.
I think his reviews are pretty spot on and funny. I just wish he could ditch the talking really fast thing, he doesn't need it at all.
He posts over at Something Awful a lot too, seems a decent guy.
i remeber The Witcher review being completely inaccurate.

He rambles about the game's lack of accessibility when its one of the most accessible RPG's i've ever played. He also says the game is no fun and i disagree. Still, its funny. So why should i care about the rest?
Yeah, he totally slated The Witcher didn't he? Whereas everyone I knew was telling me it was the best RPG they'd played for years.

And yeah, point taken re: accuracy. I certainly don't mind if I agree with him or not, especially when he just seems to use his reviews to wind people up half the time, it's just that I can see why people would get arsey about it. If he just wants to do funnies about games, it shouldn't necessarily be dressed up as a review.
markg wrote:
I think his reviews are pretty spot on and funny. I just wish he could ditch the talking really fast thing, he doesn't need it at all.

I think that's just how he talks, to be honest. I talk a bit quickly myself, and would probably do so more if I were recording something fairly long.

Most of his reviews seem to make accurate observations and he pretty much always explains why things are good or bad, which is more than most do. And he's entertaining, non-patronising and crucially, whether you agree with him or not, you get a good impression of whether or not you agree with him even if you haven't played the game.

His old blogs are hit and miss (blogs, duh), but often damn funny when they hit.
It's the point, ZeroPunctuation.
I like it really.
Shewolf wrote:
It's the point, ZeroPunctuation.

Yeah, I got that and I don't dislike it. I dunno maybe it's just because I watched about four of his reviews in a row yesterday that it seemed to wear a bit thin.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ]