British Sea Power
One of the few chart-bothering, potentially NME-covered bands (in that you could imagining them maybe supporting Coldplay some day) that I like , is British Sea Power. Each of their first two albums is about half sheer splendidness (esp. the first), and half... not (esp. the second). I haven't heard their new, third yet.

But! Here is the splendid NO LUCIFER video for it.

I love the lyrics, the video, the music, what I am seeing as the 'message' to it. And frankly, after the last few weeks, and with the kind of exciting global turmoil that the world seemingly has in store for us all, it's timely as fuck. Won't stop Putin, but hey-ho.

You'll need to turn the volume up lots for it.

They also did a great rendition on Later... that's worth seeing if you haven't, and like the song. You can turn the volume down again here.
Another thread, along with the one about Lift To Experience that I've assumed is about something else altogether until I realise it's another band with a daft name.
I have been wondering if it's worth having seperate sections for things like TV, music, games, for that reason and others.
British Sea Power are great, and I've come to love all of their first album. The second isn't bad either, though not quite as breathtakingly good. I haven't heard the third one yet, shame on me!

I'd love to see them live, as they are apparently quite bonkers and hugely energetic. Also, the video to 'Remember Me' is splendid.

Fave song? Probably Carrion.
Pete, you have echoed my opinion of BSP perfectly. Although, I think my new fave song of theirs may well be NO LUCIFER, then Carrion. Then quite possibly Victorian Ice, which just makes me immensely happy whenever I hear it.
Saw them a couple years back at the Forum, when they were supported by the Wurzels, who covered 'Remember Me'. Genius ;)
Another fan here, seen them a couple of times, first was at leeds festival, with people waving branches about, started with spirit of st louis which is the best BSP song although not on any albums and second time was pretty good aswell but Im not a big fan on the second or third album. Actually the third has about 5 good sonsg whereas I like about 2 on the second, The decline is near flawless though.
Oh, this is amusing. British Sea Power on Countryfile. A quite bizarre little clip, really, heh!
CUS wrote:
Oh, this is amusing. British Sea Power on Countryfile. A quite bizarre little clip, really, heh!

Did somebody mention musicians making unexpected appearances on the Beeb?
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]