Official BETEO Forza Race Club of Gentlemen
FM3! 14/04/10! 9.30!
Pundabaya is now my nemesis.
Zardoz wrote:
Sprinter Nerdburger was ace, I suggest we keep this event.
Absolutely this, it was much more fun than doing it in R-class.

Also, I suggest we consider setting up two games; if we'd not had a few people with connectivity problems last night we've have had 10-12 people online at one point. The people who can't get into the first game when it fills up should hang around and someone could host a second game. Call it the "leftovers". That'll sell it!
Just woke up, my kidneys hurt.
Argos are selling this for a tenner atm, so I might pick it up at the weekend. I'm not very good, mind. And I shall of course have to unlock some brumbrums first.
Looks like I am back in the role of personal car designer...
We'll definitely need two rooms at this rate.
myoptika wrote:
Pundabaya is now my nemesis.

\
STAAARRRS!
That's how you make me feel after you've rammed me up the arse for the fourth race in a row. ;)
Where IS Metalangel?
Was he not going to Coventry today? I remember him saying he had to at some point.

He's learning his new job, like. So he has to be hazed before he can sit around doing nowt at work like the rest of us.
myoptika wrote:
That's how you make me feel after you've rammed me up the arse for the fourth race in a row. ;)

CUS is going to run out of room in his signature.
I'm thinking of starting World of Entendres just to cope. Woe betide anyone who tries to stop me.
Dimrill wrote:
Was he not going to Coventry today? I remember him saying he had to at some point.
I don't think that was today, I think it was next week. But yeah, because he's new on the job he's sat with someone training most of the time, so NO INTERNETS FOR HIM.
myoptika wrote:

That's how he made us all feel :D

'Tis a strange game, far more acessible and addictive than I thought it would be, but I really, really need to learn how to recover from drunken bastards doing PIT maneouvers on me in order to get any points. In an equally matched car, I can hold my own and bully though on corners and so on, but as soon as I get shunted that's my game over because I spend so much time spacking about trying to get back on the road and rolling the right way.

Need practice.
Goatboy wrote:
'Tis a strange game, far more acessible and addictive than I thought it would be, but I really, really need to learn how to recover from drunken bastards doing PIT maneouvers on me in order to get any points. In an equally matched car, I can hold my own and bully though on corners and so on, but as soon as I get shunted that's my game over because I spend so much time spacking about trying to get back on the road and rolling the right way.

Need practice.

Welcome to the BETTEOGCOR, bitch.
Goatboy wrote:
I really, really need to learn how to recover from drunken bastards doing PIT maneouvers on me in order to get any points.

I'll have you know, I wasn't drunk, merely malicious!
I was drunk, but I only recall trying to "get" Richard last night.
Pundabaya wrote:
Goatboy wrote:
I really, really need to learn how to recover from drunken bastards doing PIT maneouvers on me in order to get any points.

I'll have you know, I wasn't drunk, merely malicious!

Which is why I'm going to proper fuck you up next wednesday night >:( 8) :hat: :bulb: :!:
Oh, but I've decided to give up Forza on Wednesday nights.
Dimrill wrote:
I was drunk, but I only recall trying to "get" Richard last night.
So it was you!
Pundabaya wrote:
Oh, but I've decided to give up Forza on Wednesday nights.

I never mentioned Forza ;)
I don't know what the connectivity problems were... I had a weird power hiccup first thing which forced making a new game, and after both Ramsea and SteOrNorDarOrWotEva had problems I re-restarted and suddenly all was well.

Good times, btw.
I just tried to play this, got around a track twice (just). I may have to try again when less alcohol is involved.

Pity this club is sexist really. :(
Assuming I have a working console to actually do it, when I get Forza 2 tomorrow is there something I should do in order to be BETEO night worthy without much unduly spacking about? Certain cars to own in certain states?
Ideally, you want a top of class car in each of DCBAS and U classes, as well as enough money to make a car for the weeks theme.

Else you're stuck with uncompetitive crappy stock cars.
As a minimum though play through the arcade mode then you'll unlock plenty of stuff. In career mode just buy a Sprinter but keep it standard apart from an eyecatching paint job from out of your imagination.
I would argue it's far more advantageous to play through the Career Proving Grounds and maybe a few of the first championships. You'll win money, cars and gain experience, which will prove far more useful than unlocking more stock cars in Arcade mode.

And yes, having a top-level tuned car for each class is good. Having more than one (suited to different types of track) is even better. My C-class Eclipse is good for some races, while my C-class Audi is good for others.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I just tried to play this, got around a track twice (just). I may have to try again when less alcohol is involved.

Ladies are Welcome! Just wear a clip on moustache during play and you'll be fine.
And please don't take offence at me when I start mentioning different coloured socks.
Zardoz wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Ladies are Welcome! Just wear a clip on moustache during play and you'll be fine.

:hat:

I tried again this morning (no alcohol involved!); round tracks - fine, tracks with bends - not so fine.

I think I may need a teensy weensy bit of practice with this one...
Don't play it like a typical arcade racer (ie going hell for leather all the time). Put your foot down on the straights but leave yourself with enough time to break and steer into the corners. Have you tried a variety of cars? They all handle very differently. Also buying better breaks and tyres for your motors will help a great deal.
I just don't think I've put anywhere near enough time into it yet. I've tried a few cars - but only a few and I've gone for speed on them, I can alrady see that that's not the way to go. Might have another blast later when I've got a bit done. :)
Are you using the breaking line? I found I improved once I started trusting the breaking line, and took each corner as slowly as necessary until I was able to eke out a little more grunt and pick up some speed through them. To be frank though, you are better off sliding about loads and recovering from offs because online against these cunts that's what you'll be coping with most of the time. >:(
I've FINALLY bought this.

Now all I have to do is free up my Wednesday evenings...
Well, I picked it up today and I got Shewolf's 360 set up. So far, I've got...

MooMoo Car

MooMoo Car (Back view)

Purple Mini of (My) Doom!
S'not as good as the Purple Peril!

Or these:

That brings back memories.
Can you decorate your own cars?
That you can, Mimi. There's an editor included on the disc, though it runs on the 360 and can't import graphics so you have to overlay lots of lots of little shapes to make pictures. That's Shewolf's handiwork on my cars, I have the artistic talent of a brick.
Yes, and people with too much time can create some insane things with such a basic interface.
Nah I gotta say, Sheep's cars kick arse so far. Image
There's another fun one he's not yet shown you people..and I'll be working on an idea I had today on another car.
Sheepeh wrote:
I have the artistic talent of a brick.
Same here. Here's my better half's best one so far. Those who raced with me last week may have seen this gracing a few of my cars.
You seriously need to make a blank CYM numberplate and CYM sticker with that dragon.
MetalAngel wrote:
You seriously need to make a blank CYM numberplate and CYM sticker with that dragon.
It's got a CYM sticker on the back, but I have no pic of that sadly.
Oooh, I'm going to try and make a car :)
Nice dragon Image

I think I need to surgically remove Sheepeh from my xbox so I can actually get on with my ideas today.....
Here is Sheepeh's latest car, I still have a few things to tweak on this one but it's mainly finished.
I figured after nearly 4 hours of eye strain I needed a break Image

Astral Force
Astral Force 2
Nice... the airbrushed 70s look suits the car.

The second link seems broken, though.
Odd..works for me.
Page 2 of 58 [ 2853 posts ]