Official BETEO Forza Race Club of Gentlemen
FM3! 14/04/10! 9.30!
You'd think they'd be punting an update to fix that what with GT5 Prologue going round slapping everyone in the face with its 16 player schlong.
BikNorton wrote:
You'd think they'd be punting an update to fix that what with GT5 Prologue going round slapping everyone in the face with its 16 player schlong.

No rush - there's not 16 PS3 owners yet.
If it's getting too complicated, I'm quite happy to sit out as well.
BikNorton wrote:

If by "update" you mean, "At least a year rewriting the entire game". You can't just "put 16 cars on the track". The framerate would go to shit for a start since it doesn't even support that in single player, plus the netcode probably isn't even slightly ready for it.

That said, Forza 3 will need it.
Have a deep understanding of their code, do you?

I'm a professional software engineer man, you don't need to talk down to me like that.
I'm a professional software engineer too, but I'm too busy being terrified by the idea of a "16 player schlong".
Is it a gaggle or a guzzle of schlongs?
BikNorton wrote:

I'm a professional software engineer man, you don't need to talk down to me like that.

Speaking down to them is the only way a gentleman would address a Software Engineer.

:hat:
Heh.

Zardoz wrote:
Is it a gaggle or a guzzle of schlongs?

A 'horror'? :o
Morte wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

Speaking down to them is the only way a gentleman would address a Software Engineer.

:hat:

H&K MP5.

YKIMS.
BikNorton wrote:

I apologise for not knowing your history but your post implied no idea at all.

There's no way it's doable, Forza struggles with both netcode and framerate as it is.
Before we get any of those SDF tossers in here, that's because Forza was designed from the ground up as a 8 player racer, not because the Xbox is incapable of handling 16.
I like red cars the bestest.

And teh fact you can write sweary words down them.

Fact 2 makes Forza > all.
Pundabaya wrote:
Before we get any of those SDF tossers in here, that's because Forza was designed from the ground up as a 8 player racer, not because the Xbox is incapable of handling 16.

Of course.
Woah...look what you guys have been up to without telling little old me...Anyway, anyone around this Wednesday for a bit of GT5 Prologue racing since there's not enough space on Forza? :smug:
Ramsea wrote:
Woah...look what you guys have been up to without telling little old me...Anyway, anyone around this Wednesday for a bit of GT5 Prologue racing since there's not enough space on Forza? :smug:
You can't! GT5P has absolultely no friends list stuff at all. Online, you can only join random matches with random people. Friend lists are coming in a patch, apparantly, which only reduces the overall shitness of this fact from a metric fuckton to four imperial arseloads.
richardgaywood wrote:
Ramsea wrote:
You can't! GT5P has absolultely no friends list stuff at all. Online, you can only join random matches with random people. Friend lists are coming in a patch, apparantly, which only reduces the overall shitness of this fact from a metric fuckton to four imperial arseloads.

Pardon? Didn't they think PS3 owners had any friends? What a weird design descision. 8)
Dudley wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

I apologise for not knowing your history but your post implied no idea at all.

There's no way it's doable, Forza struggles with both netcode and framerate as it is.

My post implied nothing of the sort, it was a quick response based on it being nearly a year since the code was complete and Microsoft having very deep pockets and a huge number of developers, if necessary to save face.

I don't think the netcode struggles at all if everyone has a solid connection - the game generates very little traffic. Graphically I don't think it over-taxes the 360 either, but yeah, it can get glitchy when the shit hits the physics fan. Some of that could be offset by, for example, putting less effort into how bumpers behave once they're off the car, or the cones. A lot of small steps are often more effective than one big one. Do some of the less significant calculations a little less often - okay, you're sacrificing a small amount of accuracy, but fix that properly in Forza 3.

Being built as an 8 car racer doesn't mean it's completely impossible to turn it into 12, or 16 - software engineering is usually about making something do something else instead of chucking baby out with the bathwater and starting over.
BikNorton wrote:

I don't think the netcode struggles at all if everyone has a solid connection - the game generates very little traffic.

I really want to make a joke about this, but I just can't think of one. I think it might be too obvious. :(
Hi Ramsea!

GT5 wtf? If you're not playing Forza it's Burnout Paradise or Mario Kart on here mate. :p
Joans wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

I don't think the netcode struggles at all if everyone has a solid connection - the game generates very little traffic.

I really want to make a joke about this, but I just can't think of one. I think it might be too obvious. :(

Ha! Not obvious enough for me. We need a "dribbling idiot" smilie.
Hi Zardoz :) Wahey, plus point for this forum is that it gets past the work's firewall...schweet.

My post was tongue in cheek...owning a PS3, I know there's no option to race friends on GT5P at the mo. :(

Hopefully Sony will sort that out as well as interacting/joining/inviting with friends for all games in general.

Anyway, I'll be around Wednesday if there's vroom.
Bloody Ramsea...
Ramsea wrote:
Anyway, I'll be around Wednesday if there's vroom.

8 groans out of 10
Top tip: Be on time.

Especially as sod all has been agreed regarding who will run room 'B' for the ("floor sweepings" -Ed.)
I'm absolutely shattered, so I won't be around tonight.
Not sure if I can make it tonight. If I can I'll make darn sure I'm there before 9.30.
I can run room B tonight if lots of people turn up. I've not done it before but will give it a go, unless of course someone else is desperate to do it.

I can't commit to it every week though, sorry.
Are we going to have some sort of theme tonight or are we just going for the usual "Chase Ramsea for 2 laps?" ;)

ps Dimril, I think your tired dog face either needs renaming or working on as it looks more cheeky and tired. Other than that tho...nice work
Quote:
Are we going to have some sort of theme tonight or are we just going for the usual "Chase Ramsea for 2 laps?"

That depends on whether or not you're allowed your Delta Integrale!
Meat Angle! You seem to be a rare and infrequent bird to these excellent shores...
I used to do a lot more posting at work than I realized, I guess.

I got home today and immediately went out for a bike ride.
Do bikes need MOTs?

Just occurred to me the other day, and I forgot to ask my only bike owning real-life chum.
MetalAngel wrote:
I used to do a lot more posting at work than I realized, I guess.

I got home today and immediately went out for a bike ride.

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Do bikes need MOTs?

Yup. The test is cheaper, though.

Also: Chess on Rollercoasters :)

Also also: Gamefucks.co.uk is mine ;)
what about gamefuqs.co.uk or .com?
Lamefaqs.com

limp, shuffle a bit, limp, take a sit down and catch your breath, struggle to get up...
Methinks I smell a sub-section for Excellent Content.
Is it even worth asking if anyone's going to tear themselves away from GTA4 for some racing tonight?
I don't even have GTA4, so I'll be up for racing fun as usual.
markg wrote:
Is it even worth asking if anyone's going to tear themselves away from GTA4 for some racing tonight?

I'm playing GTA4 tonight as I hardly touched it last night due to CoD4 and Burnout fun.
What aboot Perkies anyone know if he's aboot tonight, eh?

Otherwise we'll just sit there for two hours waiting for invites.
If he's not around, I usually jump into the hosting spot. And then he appears, the game refuses to exit from the lobby, and hosting is transferred to him.
markg wrote:
Is it even worth asking if anyone's going to tear themselves away from Kong for some racing tonight?

Not sure yet.
I'll probably be online after the footy.
SODDING Ramsey.
eh, its Ramsea...get it right >:(
The important thing is that you replied to me, which is something I've been tried to make happen since... as long as I have seen you post on WoS. I win!
*is shot in face, respawns, is hit by air-strike, respawns, is shot in face*
Sodding Ramsea.
Page 5 of 58 [ 2853 posts ]