General Purpose US TV thread
This new "Archer" TV show is pretty awesome! I've just watched the first series. Frankly I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned it before - it seems like that sort of thing people here would enjoy.
Squirt wrote:
This new "Archer" TV show is pretty awesome! I've just watched the first series. Frankly I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned it before - it seems like that sort of thing people here would enjoy.

That reminds me, I saw this 'Game of Thrones' show the other day. It's pretty obscure but I thought a few people might like it.
Bamba wrote:
Squirt wrote:

That reminds me, I saw this 'Game of Thrones' show the other day. It's pretty obscure but I thought a few people might like it.

Is that a Royal Musical Chairs thing? Like Celeb Big Brother?
Squirt wrote:

I know you're not serious, but Archer has a thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6993
Anyone watching Power on Netflix?

Really good so far, 2 seasons into the 4 seasons available.

Fiddy Cent is in it and he's actually alright aieet.

Also: Possibly the highest score in the Craster scale.
Zardoz wrote:

1?
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

1?

1+
1 is the maximum score.

Have you added it?

http://www.thecrasterscale.co.uk/
Also note the rules. A star on the Craster scale is only earned for main characters, not bit parts.
Cras wrote:
Also note the rules. A star on the Craster scale is only earned for main characters, not bit parts.

A main character's bit parts.
Finally got round to watching Arrested Development. It's... really very funny.

I still don't get the usage of the Ron Howard narrator voice by the Bezzies though.
Just watched Preacher SE1.. What a mad show. It is awesome.
MrsA not terribly impressed with Blood Drive because fuckhead
MaliA wrote:

getting a bit self critical there Mali
MrChris wrote:
Finally got round to watching Arrested Development. It's... really very funny.

I still don't get the usage of the Ron Howard narrator voice by the Bezzies though.

Mr Chris did in fact get the usage of the Ron Howard narrator voice by the Bezzies
MaliA wrote:

Episode 2 was pretty awesome, too. Love it.

Julian is brilliant. We should all be more Julian.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Fat Elvis! Crikey!
See there is a new Marvel TV Show "Marvels The Defenders"

Must be Netflix or Amazon as the entire season in on the NG

Quote:
Marvel's The Defenders follows Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. A quartet of singular heroes with one common goal - to save New York City. This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.

Not managed to watch any of the single character shows yet!
I expect I'm going to be irritated by The Defenders.

Marvel's standard plot seems to be "Team forms. Team struggles to work together as a team. Team fragments and bad things happen. Team have epiphany and learn to work together as a super happy team. Team wins"

I expect this to be exactly the same, with the added problems that Daredevil and Iron Fist were shit.
Cras wrote:

Marvel's standard plot seems to be "Team forms. Team struggles to work together as a team. Team fragments and bad things happen. Team have epiphany and learn to work together as a super happy team. Team wins"

See also: Killing Floor 2
Ron Howard: They did not, in fact, learn to work as a team
But we got the bickering down, boyeeee.
Cras wrote:

I expect this to be exactly the same, with the added problems that Daredevil and Iron Fist were shit.

Daredevil was good, fool. I refuse to watch Iron Fist as it sounds gash.
Daredevil S1 was good, Daredevil S2 was arse
Worst thing about Iron Fist is his stupid hair.
That and the fact that it's boring and stupid and I just don't care what happens to anyone in the whole show. I don't think I've ever watched anything where I've spent more time just looking at my phone instead.
He's also just such a wank superhero. Sometimes he can punch things really hard, but only sometimes.
markg wrote:
He's also just such a wank superhero. Sometimes he can punch things really hard, but only sometimes.

Well there's no point punching stuff when there's a lot of whining to do about everything. I like how the end just set him up for a whole second season of EVEN MOAR WHINING.
Spoilers! We're still not at the end, it feels like we've already been watching it for about a year.
Trousers wrote:
markg wrote:

Well there's no point punching stuff when there's a lot of whining to do about everything. I like how the end just set him up for a whole second season of EVEN MOAR WHINING.

I've never watched it. Does he do more whining than Daredevil?

And does it feature anyone as punchable as Foggy?

In fact, in Defenders, will Iron Fist fist Foggy?
Cras wrote:

I watched S1 and thought it was good, never got round to S2. Don't think I'll bother now. Thanks.
markg wrote:
Spoilers! We're still not at the end, it feels like we've already been watching it for about a year.

Ahhh sorry. But to be fair just about everything makes him whine so it could be *anything*.
Zardoz wrote:
Cras wrote:

I watched S1 and thought it was good, never got round to S2. Don't think I'll bother now. Thanks.

Err, it's still good. Foggy is great!

Different opinions!
One man's arse is another man's good.
Zardoz wrote:
Cras wrote:

I will present the alternative view that S2 turned the violence (thanks to the presence of The Punisher) to eleventy and so I enjoyed it much more than S1 of Daredevil (as Daredevil is best when the action / dialogue does not revolve around him).

Watched the first three episodes of Defenders and am enjoying it so far.
I'm swaying away from Craster's arse now.
Morte wrote:

We watched the first three last night and it's got us both hooked.

After 5 minutes though Mrs T declared of Iron Fist 'well he's shit' which is still fair but the others more than make up for him.
Trousers wrote:
Morte wrote:

We watched the first three last night and it's got us both hooked.

After 5 minutes though Mrs T declared of Iron Fist 'well he's shit' which is still fair but the others more than make up for him.

I read that there's a running gag that other characters keep mentioning that he's an idiot, or acting in such a manner? I approve.
There is no way a network of underground tunnels in Phnom Penh would be that clean, and not full of people.
I really fancy Michael Bluth.
The bit with the actress from Seinfeld was a bit shit tho
Started watching Blindspot. Exactly up my alley, this.
DavPaz wrote:
Started watching Blindspot. Exactly up my alley, this.

No that's your g spot
Death race ep10. Brilliant.
Blood Drive is still really fun and also quite clever but mostly fun.
If you're a sensible person who watched the Max Landis version of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, then you will likely enjoy this most excellent trailer for Season Two.

Cottage wèekend!
Fuck-cocks, that's something else I need to try and fucking watch then! Do you know how bad it is? Do you?! I've got three episodes of Preacher currently unwatched! I haven't even started American God's yet! I only caught up with Silicon Valley two days ago! I...oh God...I HAVE ONLY WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE CURRENT SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES!!! For the sake of fuck.
Sort yourself man. You're a mess!
I know. *weeps* I KNOW!
Wow, check out the cast on that Gently trailer!
Page 119 of 174 [ 8687 posts ]