DEFCON
Global Thermonuclear War
Well I'll pop the server up at 8:30 and post here when I have. I'll leave all the settings at default for the benefit of the newer players and if you feel the need to go to bed at any time it's no biggy.

If people decide to file in later make a post in this thread and/or join our game as a Spectator. There's no Eggbox Live today so I won't be doing much else. :'(
8:30 probably won't be good for me.

EDIT: But might well appear around 10.
I suspect I will be about doing something or other most of the night.
I just beat the tutorial battle by one point. I think I should have done better than that.
The Rev Owen wrote:
I just beat the tutorial battle by one point. I think I should have done better than that.

I got crushed the first time I played, then beat it quite soundly the second time.
I might make it. It depends on a few factors.
We're going to have eight at this rate.*

* - it'll be just me and Sheepeh.
Server will be up in 3 minutes.
If I can make it work on this one, might see you in 5.
Sheepeh wrote:
*whistles*

Myoptika's not that attractive.
Dimrill wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:
*whistles*

Myoptika isn't here. I'm looking at you, big boy.
I took it down as no-one joined for the 20 minutes it was running.

I can restart it if you're ready?
Sheepeh wrote:
I took it down as no-one joined for the 20 minutes it was running.

I can restart it if you're ready?

I am but I WILL be a bit rubbish for a few games....
Sheepeh wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:
*whistles*

I have no idea what this DEFCON is. I assume it's a rapping contest for prisoners.
Also, I'm haoppy to wait a while, until BEZZIES get their shit in gear, if needs be.
Dimrill wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Sheepeh wrote:
*whistles*

I have no idea what this DEFCON is. I assume it's a rapping contest for prisoners.

Imagine RISk, with nukes, to smite those that piss you off.

Or imagine comical gnomes ptrying to run a country and sort out trade agreements...
I'll have a look in about an hour, see if you're still playing.
The Rev Owen wrote:
I'll have a look in about an hour, see if you're still playing.

Do it now...
Sorry chaps, I've only just managed to get home and stuff some food down my gullet. Am I too late?
Er, what happened there? I've just set the pan heating, came back and found the server had shut down. B'oh!

Anyway, can we hold until ten past for the next one? :)
Server go poof. :(

If we don't start nowish then I'm going to have to go to bed...
Eh, next game in 10 mins? Did non players not get that?

Also, you get to see me annihilated again...
Sorry, I was moving rooms. Next thing I saw was that the server was shutdown.
I shall be on at 10:10, can y'all hold that long? :S
Bleh, I'm shattered as it is and pushing my luck to start now. If you want to play at 10:10, go ahead. I can play another time...
BRR BRR BRR BRR

MrsA: Hello?

MaliA: You dead?

MrsA: No, heading back now

MaliA: No need to rush, thermonuclear war is in the offing.

MrsA: I'll call my sister and call you back

BRRRRR
I dunno. Shows up an hour late, we finish the game quickly for him and then he buggers off.

PFFFFFF.
I'm still here... I'll start playing, but if I start to drop off I'll fire all my nukes at my own face and fuck off.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
Is 10.10 the new start time?

Off on a 5 minute beer run if so.
Beer on Monday? You must be a student.
Well, I can eat while I play. I'm ready. :)
Pete and Owen are in the room.

Waiting until 10 past or until you're all there.
myoptika wrote:
Beer on Monday? You must be a student.

MrsA is away, so I'm off to grab a bottle of becks back in 4 mins.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It dropped me!!!!!!!!!

Dear wireless,

FUCK YOU.
I wouldn't worry, you still won.
Well, that was agreeably bonkers.

Bizarrely, MaliA's Ghost in the Machine computer won! It got 127 points. I came second with 103, then t'others with 40 and below. I would have won with an extra twenty seconds - I'd saved all my silos to the last minute and then fired, but left it too late due to Myp's sub taunting me off shore. Gagh, should have ignored it and nuked the fucker. I'm too concerned about my citizens for my own good, I am.

Rev Owen was a real fighter. Most of his cities taken down, a couple of silos lost, punch drunk and on the ropes, he still managed to maul me considerably in some fantastically brutal counterstrikes.

I nuked Sheepeh hard, and he caused damage with some subs, but my South American assault on his Asia was a nice one. Same as before - whole fleet pummelling Asia with a big set of sub launches. Wiped out half his country. It was nice.

Not sure what Myp did, beyond feck me off with that sub. Myp?

All in all, awesome game!
myoptika wrote:

Awesome.

It was MrsA's fault i dropped, she has an EMP field.

Sorry for diappearing.

XCan i have screenie of my winning?

Alos, the battle in the north atlantic was going to be a humdinger. AH well, next time, i guess.

Also, I would have betrayed you at the second to last....
myoptika wrote:

I hear the only way to win is not to play! :DD
I had plans and everything.....
I spunked all my silos early doors, attacking both Pete and Sheepeh. I was quite pleased as I rose up to 50-odd points - but I soon got caned.

Very enjoyable, but I need to figure out some kind of strategy for next time.
Computer MaliA fucked me up bad.

My subs getting through into the North Sea to launch at Russia got me most of my points.
It's best to learn in a 1 on 1, really. With more, it becomes a little bit crazy.
I felt very exposed as Africa, as I seemed to be right in the middle of everyone. Then again, I suppose everyone is from their own point of view...
My plan as South America was to deal with Rev Owen's North America and then use my fleet that was entirely on the pacific side to go after Sheepeh in Asia. This was risky, as I was wide open on the Atlantic front and relying on my airbases to protect me. They didn't, and the coast there got trashed, but they were acceptably losses. The plan then was to use my silos on either mopping up Rev or going after Myp in Africa or anyone else that was in the running.

Unfortunately, I could never deal a knock out blow to Rev, and Myp and Sheepeh worried me with a drip of sub-nukes pinning me down so I could never quite launch in time that killer blow. As I said before, I should have ignored them half way through Mr Timer and gone for it.

Did nobody go after Mali then?
My plan was:

1) Fuck the western seaboard up with the subs.
2) Fuck up Japan and that lot with the remaining ships I had over there
3) Use Bombers to hit inland targets that the rest of the ships had not
4) Sit back, have a quick smoke
5) Betray Myp and batter the fuck out of him from remaining silos.

I got as far as 50% of part 1.

Then as Myp told me he was reinforcing the fleet in the north Atlantic, I got a disconnect, and a timer counting up, when it reached 2 minutes, I realised it was not going to happen.

Also, I declined an ally invite early on in the game, as it interfered with my primary goals, that I decided after having a quick look see over the situation, nothing personal.
Page 2 of 5 [ 249 posts ]