Final Fantasy 7
Let's settle this

FF7:
Good  45%  [ 26 ]
Not good  24%  [ 14 ]
(Haven't played it / Don't know)  29%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 57
I always said it opposite to you Cras, just how I read it in my head originally when I played on Ps1
Mr Russell wrote:
I always said it opposite to you Cras, just how I read it in my head originally when I played on Ps1

Now, Ko-May is certainly wrong.

:p
Mr Russell wrote:

I have him narrate on screen dialogue to me. Lollipop chainsaw was a revelation.
Imagine stubbornly saying a word wrong when you learn the correct pronunciation.
Pundabaya wrote:
Imagine stubbornly saying a word wrong when you learn the correct pronunciation.

I don't say it at all. And if it had had voice acting the first time around I would think of it the way the game pronounces it. But it didn't, so it sounds wrong. Obviously their pronunciation is correct because it's their made up word!
I had to stop listening to the Dragonlance audiobook because of how he was butchering the character names. But his pronunciation is just as valid as mine.

Also, he sounded like he was on about six valium, but that's by the by
WORST GAME CHAT EVER.

On that note, Tifa's boobs.

This is one of those games I'll really be sorry to complete, and it's going to be years until the next one no doubt.
Pundabaya wrote:

Like everyone does for gif?
Grim... wrote:

At this point, I don’t think “gif” has a correct pronunciation. It’s contested ground.
Sure, because everyone stubbornly said it wrong.
Cras wrote:
Sure but you speak Japanese. The same isn't true for most who would have played the original game in the English translation. And who hasn't heard of a mako shark?

Also: Upon further investigation, you may be pronouncing mako shark wrong.

Is from maori, Pronounced /ˈmɑːkoʊ/

Obviously, what with English and it's general abusement of vowels, more than one pronunciation is used.
Finished this last night, what a masterpiece, an absolute joy to play from start to finish.

Nails just about everything bang on the money, to such an extent it feels mean to complain about anything, so I won't.

If you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro, there's no excuse to pass on this one.

According to my playtime I sunk 41 hours into it.
Grim... wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:

Jay peh j for me.
I'm going to play through this again on my PS5 because it was brilliant and I want to experience it again in PS5-o-vision.
Page 7 of 7 [ 314 posts ]