YouTube - Highlights
j00 chewb
Wow the 'AI generated' stuff on youtube is a rabbit hole.

The instrument bits on this one are incredible

I know she's dead but Cilla was absolutely fucking terrible.
How about her singing Lionel Richtea while in a front room with children having seizures?

markg wrote:

By the time she had her own TV show, yes. A bit like Elvis and many others, the music industry took them away from their roots in their early days and turned them into cabaret acts. Discus.
Give us an Cilla Elvis cover, Dimrill and then nuke the forum.
Where everyone's attention is focused on the be-greyed spasming child, I'm low-key obsessed with the kid in the red hat who suddenly starts climbing an invisible ladder.
Warhead wrote:
markg wrote:

By the time she had her own TV show, yes. A bit like Elvis and many others, the music industry took them away from their roots in their early days and turned them into cabaret acts. Discus.

I don’t know. Was Cilla ever able to sing? I’ve never heard a Cilla song that didn’t sound like a goose being strangled.
Mimi wrote:
Warhead wrote:
markg wrote:

I don’t know. Was Cilla ever able to sing? I’ve never heard a Cilla song that didn’t sound like a goose being strangled.

Quote:
Known – and feared – throughout the cabin crew community, Cilla Black’s in-flight attitude is the stuff of legend.

Not only would she insist upon travelling first class, she’d demand seat 1A. That was only the first of many demands too – all of which were made through her PA, as Cilla didn’t want to speak to any staff herself. The full nine yards too, not so much as a please or thank you.

One flight attendant eventually grew so tired of her behaviour, that he leaned over to speak directly to her and uttered the immortal line: “I knew you couldn’t sing, but I didn’t know you couldn’t fucking speak”.
Mimi wrote:
Warhead wrote:
markg wrote:

She made a career out of it, so some people must have thought she could. I must admit, I was never a big fan but I can say that about a lot of other artists who've made it big.

What I didn't know was that she'd turned into a horrendous diva.
Quote:
You may have wondered – what with all the glowing tributes to her immediately after her death – how it could be that someone apparently so cherished and loved could get so little telly work in her later years.

Ageism? Possibly. Changing tastes in light entertainment? Quite probably. But the main reason was that one of the top bods at ITV very determinedly blackballed each and every attempt that Cilla made to get on screen.

Why the personal vendetta? Because the exec in question started out as a runner. On Blind Date.

One early task was to fetch Cilla some salmon sandwiches for her and some guests. The runner got the nicest smoked salmon sarnies they could find. But all they got for their efforts was a bollocking from Cilla in front of her guests as she only liked tinned salmon, not smoked.

Quote:
Cilla would do most of her weekly shopping at a small grocery store called Fishers in Gerrards Cross. Despite there only being three check-out counters in the tiny store, when Cilla had finished her weekly shop she would, without fail, refuse to line up at an open counter even if there was only one person in front of her.

Instead, she would go and stand in front of one of the unmanned counters until someone opened it up especially for her. True to form, she would never speak to the staff to request it, just stand there staring daggers until someone did so.
Quote:
Not only would she insist upon travelling first class, she’d demand seat 1A. That was only the first of many demands too – all of which were made through her PA, as Cilla didn’t want to speak to any staff herself.

But where did the PA sit? Inquiring minds must know!
The (US) Government Knows.

NSFW

Outstanding video from Shut Up and Sit Down that uses a board game to discuss the legacy of colonialism and the role of satire in understanding complexity.

50 minutes long but worth it.
That had the potential to be brilliant, but was, instead, terrible.
A part of me thinks it's deliberately bad to get some attention on Jangus Crisps and how great they think he is.
Mouse tidies man's workbench at night.

I saw that on the news! :D I can just imagine him grumbling under his breath about the state of the carpet.
I saw that in the Bits and bobs thread a day or so after seeing it here after I saw it on the news.

I occasionally come across old adverts when I transfer VHS tapes for people.. This is one such advert from the 90's. Proper lads use Lynx... I imagine?!?
I vaguely remember that… you’ll have to post more early 90s stuff, see if I can salvage some of my memory :DD
That's Eva Mendes
Think fast... Here's another!

Russ Abbot advertising cigars in 1991.

This was my favourite Lynx advert. The first time I saw it was in a cinema, and there was a collective "awwww" when it was revealed to be a dream, and then we all cheered :D

Fucking peak Aniston.
I finally finished watching the hbomberguy video on plagiarism. That was a commitment. Very engaging though.
DavPaz wrote:
I finally finished watching the hbomberguy video on plagiarism. That was a commitment. Very engaging though.

It is engaging - I looked it up out of idle curiosity, now I'm 5 minutes in. Oh my, what a long way to go.
If you enjoy the plagiarism one his videos on both vaccines and the Roblox 'oof' sound are also worth a watch (although both close to 2 hours long)

Roblox oof :

Vaccines :

My daughter and I have been chanting this frequently since you posted.
Zardoz wrote:
My daughter and I have been chanting this frequently since you posted.

The difficult follow up album.
Excellent viewer's question on yesterday's One Show.

Some guy used half a dozen AI tools to make this video from various prompts
That could almost pass for something absolutely fucking terrible that was made by a human!
I've just had this advertised to me on YouTube... An easy subscription I'm sure you'd agree..
You had me at pewter tankard.
I can only apologise to whoever must surely have posted this at some point in the last 12 years that I missed it.

This game may not be the game you're expecting, but it may well be the one you want.

Gruff

Absolutely lovely short animated film about love and loss.
Several more of these here.

Page 50 of 51 [ 2507 posts ]