YouTube - Highlights
j00 chewb
I’m too emotional to comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuXmuhmtwz4

Of particular interest to Tuesday Night Quizzers perhaps? This guy's channel is all about him learning stuff, and this video is about him learning to ride a penny farthing!
Mr Scott promises a very interesting video about microwaves and delivers in spades. Worth watching.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
My first thought was a bit in Day of the Tentacle involving hamster time travel. But still, the utter highpoint is that I didn't realise Lovelock was still alive!
Also, I couldn't help noticing the number of American Civil War books on his shelves, many of which I also own. Great minds and all that
The queer coding of Disney villains. Fascinating look at how the great villains display classic queer tropes, and how much of this comes from how Hollywood tried to get round the censors.

I really should rewatch "Robin Hood" based on all this.

Better audio on this one :

zaphod79 wrote:

I'd already seen a shorter version of it, but this is great - dad whooping in the background, the crowd chanting her name. Absolutely *ruined* my mascara.
Argghhhh!!!! Bloody ear worm popped up randomly while I was doing some admin and I've had to have it on repeat. Sounds great, lyrics are meaningless.

Worth a try, thanks - anything that can replace ABBA in my head (much as I like them) is all to the good.
If that doesn't suit, try this

This is pretty much what I was planning for some filming at the cottage this weekend.
Go steady on that Altar wine lads.
We watched that film a few nights ago and this is accurate! Well, apart from the aspect ratio :P
This young chap Davie504 does a whole load of videos where he plays an amusingly deadpan and yet forcefully exaggerated character, and is also excellent on the bass guitar. I've really enjoyed some of his videos and it's good to watch someone doing something that they are enthusiatic, passionate and talented at.

He did a video about his childhood and it was actually quite emotional to hear him talking about some of the troubles he faced with mean kids at school, and overcoming it.

One for the DIY types. Pretty tight workshop

DavPaz wrote:

That's certainly a well laid out set-up there. Compact and everything easy to access.
Squirt wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

That's certainly a well laid out set-up there. Compact and everything easy to access.

Tidy, right?
Gonna bust out the GamesMaster stuff, watch me fuck this up...
I think it went okay!
Anyone else seen Justin Hawkins Rides Again? (him from The Darkness)

He's doing 10-15 minute videos talking about various artists (old and current) and songs. I am not 100% sold on him (and I've found him annoying on stuff in the past)

But he's actually quite interesting to listen to, and often when you think he's going to lay into an artist or song, he actually appreciates what they've brought to the table.

Here is one about some songs with Woah in them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxrO9hNL4n8

His most recent one, about the band Glass Animals, actually made me laugh out loud a few times (a rare feat), but most of them are pretty good (although still annoying in places - I think when he's trying too hard)

Any way, I thought some people might like it, so I posted it.
I quite enjoyed that, Malc, and will watch some more of those.

I did find his style drifted back and forth between 'charmingly friendly and approachable' to 'frustratingly underprepared'
Dimrill wrote:
Pah

Dimrill, I am not your father.
But you are further.
Brings all the boys to the yard.
That’s lovely. So clever how they align the pieces before and after the cuts so precisely

Fast forward to 5-30 to see why cooking bacon in a microwave is endorsed by a three time award winning chef.
MaliA wrote:
Fast forward to 5-30 to see why cooking bacon in a microwave is endorsed by a three time award winning chef.

Microwaving bacon makes life so much better. Tried it for the first time in December and it was a revelation to me.
Kern wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Microwaving bacon makes life so much better. Tried it for the first time in December and it was a revelation to me.

Correct.
Air fryer is the correct bacon option
I’ve just bought an air fryer.
I do not know if air fryer is the correct facon option.
MaliA wrote:

Looked stringy AF.
Cras wrote:

:D I don’t eat the facon type stuff, really. I am going to try some roasted chickpeas soon. I hope they’ll work. And tofu.
Mimi wrote:
Cras wrote:

:D I don’t eat the facon type stuff, really. I am going to try some roasted chickpeas soon. I hope they’ll work. And tofu.

Grilled cheese sandwich, apparently. I've bought the ingredients to test today.
Page 47 of 51 [ 2502 posts ]