YouTube - Highlights
j00 chewb
Mimi wrote:
Ah, which is similar to (but also opposite to) the problem with prewash cycles in washing machines if using pods/dosing balls. As you drop the detergent into the drum, it’s all used up in the prewash, so you have no detergent in the main wash.

I've been doing laundry wrong!
Kern wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Ah, which is similar to (but also opposite to) the problem with prewash cycles in washing machines if using pods/dosing balls. As you drop the detergent into the drum, it’s all used up in the prewash, so you have no detergent in the main wash.

‘Wait! Let me... just... haul this washing machine... onto... this table... to show you!’
Kern wrote:
Mimi wrote:

If the clothes come out cleaner than when they went it it is successful jaunt.

CF. Children.
Dishwashers aren't all that heavy really, but washing machines are really, really heavy.

Taking a broken washing machine apart (so I could get the drum out, and use it as a fire pit) was fun - there are big blocks of cement (or something else hard and heavy) in there to weigh the thing down and stop it bouncing around during a spin cycle.

Speaking of which, I used to quite enjoy videos of washing machines smashing themselves up when a brick is thrown into a fast spin cycle.... Off to you tube....
Oh, here's one I haven't seen before

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Dishwashers aren't all that heavy really, but washing machines are really, really heavy.

Taking a broken washing machine apart (so I could get the drum out, and use it as a fire pit) was fun - there are big blocks of cement (or something else hard and heavy) in there to weigh the thing down and stop it bouncing around during a spin cycle.

Speaking of which, I used to quite enjoy videos of washing machines smashing themselves up when a brick is thrown into a fast spin cycle.... Off to you tube....

Yes! Which means, if you have a cheap one where they've saved money by not having a full shell round the whole thing, you can see the cement block in the back. If I'd found the right tool, I probably could have just taken it off - would have made taking it to the tip much easier.
Dishwashers are surprsingly light, I carried a full height slimline one down a flight of stairs with no issue.

Seems relevant to some peoples interests.
Great additions to the thread.
I've always loved Billy Joel, but I've just seen the video to his classic track Keeping the Faith and consider my mind blown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRLe826lyao

Arnie selling Japanese energy drinks!
I’m sure everyone in the world has seen this, but as I had not:

Kern wrote:
I've been doing dishwashing wrong!

Thanks to this channel, I now know far more than will ever be useful about how humidifiers, traffic lights and air conditioners work!
Squirt wrote:
Thanks to this channel, I now know far more than will ever be useful about how humidifiers, traffic lights and air conditioners work!

Wait till you see the toaster!
For the watch freaks.

Dat cleaning station with mini baskets...
Some virtuoso digger driving:

It's a washing machine, with a brick in it, on a trampoline

Literally on the same page.
Little girl showing some moves at the bus stop.

"Dad, hold my coat."

This is so good:

My local rag is cashing in on this new craze.
For Superbowl fans, here's Tom Brady reading nasty tweets about Tom Brady.

NPI have posted an interesting discussion on depictions of colonialism in board games and whether it's appropriate. Goes into detail beyond just "yeah, saying slavery is bad in the rule book is a heck of a cop-out". Much for me to ponder on!

Toyah and Bob - Poison
Toyah Wilcox looks incredible. My only disappointment is that for some reason I thought that was going to be Bob Mortimer.
Warhead wrote:
Toyah and Bob - Poison

They've done a few, I love Rock n Roll stands out, although Enter Sandman has it's ups and downs.
Mimi wrote:
Toyah Wilcox looks incredible. My only disappointment is that for some reason I thought that was going to be Bob Mortimer.

She’s married Robert Fripp, who’s a bit of a legend in the axe wielding world. Founder member of King Crimson and a highly regarded session guitarist. That wailing guitar on Heroes by David Bowie. That’s him
"A bit of a legend," is a bit of an understatement. :DD

Toyah and Bob are an unlikely pairing, he being one of the biggest names in prog rock since the 60s, quite quiet and almost shy when interviewed, while Toyah was punk and LOUD. But they've been together for aeons and survived living thousands of miles apart for quite a while. Their weekly Sunday Lunch Lockdown videos are great.
King Crimson are pretty great tbh
The very definition of chilled. (You'll hear some pings, it's not your device telling you you've received something, it's on the video.)

markg wrote:
Some virtuoso digger driving:

That man has some fucking skills.
New Cummerbund is amazing.

Page 46 of 51 [ 2506 posts ]