*~Pets Corner!~*
Pet and animal talk ^.^
Dog rule!

YES!
man I wish I could put up pictures of my cat. Some reason my drunkardness makes me want to do so but my lack of camera stops me from doing so. one day, you will see my fat short hair tabby, noble yet a whingy bitch despite being a boy.
*contemplates breeding Sheepeh's dog with my ginger and white guinea pig*

Edit - Oh and I'm thinking of changing Nibbler's name to Wriggler as it would suit her better :D Aww it's lovely to see them both bounding around the cage together :)
I went to the petshop on Sunday and said "I want a guinea pig for my girlfriend" and the shop assistant said "I'm sorry sir, we don't do swaps".
It's the way you tell them.
The second spider has been ordered. This one will have the slightly more girl-friendly name of Rosie.
Poppet is perfectly girl friendly ;)

There's no problem them sharing a tank then?
Dudley wrote:

There'd be big problems with them sharing a tank. Especially as Rosie is going to be about 15cm long and Smithy is currently only 4cm long.

That's why I've got another tank for Rosie :P
davpaz wrote:
nynfortoo wrote:
I bought a remote-controlled mouse today, thinking my cats would enjoy chasing it around. They're petrified of it.

Not sure, but if they use electric motors, surely the cats can hear the whirring and know it's not a mousey?

Aha! I knew this might be the case, so I tried it out on the deaf cat who lives across the street. He was just as frightened.

It is a noisy little mouse, though.
Rosie!? What the HELL is wrong with you?

Poppey
and
DEATHCLAW

It is fucking evil looking-I guarantee I shall now be leaving the GazChap house soon

Poppet and Sprinkles-there we go
Dudley wrote:
Poppet is perfectly girl friendly ;)

Where's Zardoz when you need a photoshop doing?
RosiePoppetTank would be great.
A Nibblertank would also be good, if we're doing requests.
Make sure to spoiler anything spidery as Plissk' will go mad!!
GazChap wrote:
Dudley wrote:

There'd be big problems with them sharing a tank. Especially as Rosie is going to be about 15cm long and Smithy is currently only 4cm long.

That's why I've got another tank for Rosie :P

15cm long spider?

Excellent.
Fully stretched out, natch. The one that I was going to buy (but decided against) was of the species Sericopelma rubronitens, which has a pink arse and is 20cm long.

The largest known tarantula (and presumably, spider) is Theraphosa apophysis which can reach up to 32cm in length.
When will you have it by Gaz? I seem to have recieved an invitation to your flat for the weekend. *packs bottles of wine*
Sometime this week, probably. He/she will of course be fully secured on the night that I receive him/her and will be unable to escape the tank and crawl across your sleeping bag.
GJ-can you adopt me or something? I swear to god I will clean everywhere, cook every day and don a housemaid outfit as long as I can come and live with you!! :'(
GazChap wrote:
Fully stretched out, natch. [] pink [] and is 20cm long.

:hat:
Shin wrote:
GJ-can you adopt me or something? I swear to god I will clean everywhere, cook every day and don a housemaid outfit as long as I can come and live with you!! :'(

All in a maid's outfit eh? ;)

*clears some space*
Without CCTV, didn't happen.
Dudley wrote:

Some things I do not wish to see.
Dudley wrote:

You can set it up then, I've had enough of anything electrical and networks. >:|
I had the piggies out for a cuddle this morning and Nibbler purred for the first time since we've had her :)
\o/

I sent the pic to my mum and got back "Looks like Pheobe.... must resist buying more pigs."

To which the obvious reply was.

"A superb point, which is why sending you this video of them would be a really silly thing for me to do"

* attach video to email *

Her move. :)
Haha, awesome!
Nice one Dudley :)

My Mum used to think they were stupid, smelly animals until she looked after them when we were on holiday. Now she loves them and has adopted the name Granny Grass as when we lived in a flat she used to bring round grass clippings for them :) When they stayed at Granny Grass' house a couple of weeks ago even Grandad Grass took a liking to them :D
Well, Rosie's arrived. I'll see if I can get a picture at lunchtime. She's not as big as I was expecting, so I'm guessing she's a sub-adult and not quite adult yet.

Also got a tub of locusts - good lord, they're bigger than I was expecting. It's going to be tough to get Smithy to eat one of them without it bopping her to death.
My gippynigs are cracking me up. They've finally got comfortable enough to jump out of their cage when I open the front up. They've been exploring for the last 2 weeks with free roam of The Den, but now they're literally tearing around the place at full pelt singing to each other. It's awesome.
They're the best pets ever. You didn't even want them!
Why can't we have a piggy instead of some stupid spider

It's names SPRINKLES, not Rosie :p
That's good timing Shin, I was just about to post this:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
You have to be fucking kidding. :'(
;)
OH MY FUCKING CHRIST ON A PISSING BIKE!

That's it-I told Si and I'll tell you, I am leaving you
GazChap wrote:
That's good timing Shin, I was just about to post this:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

Is that a new Pope-approved anti-wanking aid?
Come in Agent Rosie - Mission Accomplished.
I had a nightmare about spiders last night thanks to this thread. I knew clicking on the spoiler thing was a bad idea. :(
In other news, Nibbler made her first big "Weeep" noise last night :D I was so excited and proud I had to ring my Mum and tell her :)
There is a spider on my ceiling. :(
Preaparations are being made to remove it in a humane fashion.
Joans wrote:
There is a spider on my ceiling. :(
Preaparations are being made to remove it in a humane fashion.

H&K MP5
That will be my backup plan.
Ange wrote:
In other news, Nibbler made her first big "Weeep" noise last night :D I was so excited and proud I had to ring my Mum and tell her :)

Yay!
I was drunk coming back home after my ghost walk which lasted hours-I saw the new spider and just kept saying 'ohmygodohmygodohmygod' it is fucking HUGE! I feel very ill :(

Nice one Ange! Guinea piggylies :) I wonder if I can trade the spidoo's in for some? ?:|
I got out of bed this morning and nearly walked into spider from the ceiling as he descended towards my floor. :'(
He has now been ejected from the premises. :)
God, you're not going to be running around Gaz's flat with your arms flailing (like your avatar) are you?
They're not flailing, he's dancing. He is currently oblivious to the fire in the background. [/simpsons]

Anyway, what do you mean? I nearly walked into a tiny spider that was hanging from the ceiling at about chest height and calmly collected him up and threw him outside.
I am willing to admit that if I nearly walk into either of Gaz's spiders hanging from the ceiling you won't see me for dust. :p
Joans wrote:
I am willing to admit that if I nearly walk into either of Gaz's spiders hanging from the ceiling you won't see me for dust. :p

Spiders inject venom to dessicate their prey.
Thread needs more Rosie.
Page 6 of 39 [ 1919 posts ]