Gas Guzzling Money Pits
pointless expenses and cars
If we were ever to swap the RAV4 it would be for the bigger Toyota Land Cruiser.
1,800km to France and back with all the kit in it, the van did a bit over 35mpg which isn't too bad at motorway cruising speed of 65mph. It was very easy to cover the distances though.

We have a snazzy beeper to automatically open the toll gates and bill us. Which makes for horrendous reading.
Ouch. The toll prices.
KovacsC wrote:
Ouch. The toll prices.

We travelled across France and back last summer in the campervan. Amazing roads but easily did about eur200 in fees.
£467 to tax the Lexus this year. Bastards.

I'm all for THE GREEN REVOLUTION and saving the planet, think of the squirrels and so on, but my car was built over 18 years ago and a lot of its 'debt to the earth' was paid at that point. I see BMW EV tanks driving around here that must have a bill of a materials to make a rogue Russian billionaire yacht owner blush, paying £65 per year tax. (And that's before we get onto the child cobalt slave miners under the bonnet.)

I clocked the reg of one the other week, checked it out on the IOMG website and then looked it up online to get the model, its STARTING PRICE (i.e. without options), was £120K.

High end electric cars the size of a small planet - tax dodge for rich people, subsidised by us badly behaved normal working people keeping old ICE cars on the road.
Still better overall than the high end ICE tank they'd have bought instead. Definitely need low mpg ICE cars mostly binned off.
markg wrote:
Still better overall than the high end ICE tank they'd have bought instead. Definitely need low mpg ICE cars mostly binned off.

I agree, but let's make the road tax on these things realistic, a Nissan Leaf they are not.
Hearthly wrote:
£467 to tax the Lexus this year. Bastards.

I'm all for THE GREEN REVOLUTION and saving the planet, think of the squirrels and so on, but my car was built over 18 years ago and a lot of its 'debt to the earth' was paid at that point. I see BMW EV tanks driving around here that must have a bill of a materials to make a rogue Russian billionaire yacht owner blush, paying £65 per year tax. (And that's before we get onto the child cobalt slave miners under the bonnet.)

I clocked the reg of one the other week, checked it out on the IOMG website and then looked it up online to get the model, its STARTING PRICE (i.e. without options), was £120K.

High end electric cars the size of a small planet - tax dodge for rich people, subsidised by us badly behaved normal working people keeping old ICE cars on the road.

I saw a meme a couple of days back that said "Wahh I can't afford petrol.... So I will buy a £60k EV instead".
Hearthly wrote:
think of the squirrels and so on

Hear, hear!
I saw the Cadbury Crème Egg car yesterday. It’s absolutely *massive*. I thought it was a wee little thing.
Mimi wrote:
I saw the Cadbury Crème Egg car yesterday. It’s absolutely *massive*. I thought it was a wee little thing.

Here it is! Caged for safety.
I feel like they could definitely have swapped that plate out for "EGG 1" while it's on display or something like that.
DavPaz’s crash helmet.
Is there a preferred "come and.change your tyres on the drive" service as, rather underwhelmingly, one went pop as I was driving along.(it was a knackered one anyway).
Blackcircles or tyresonthedrive
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Blackcircles or tyresonthedrive

Ta
In the urban past I used both - I had several quid of bonus spends in my blackcircles amount before Halfords bought them out actually - but more recently Etyres (Asda) worked for us once, then the only local independent mobile fitter... stopped.

Countryside life yo.
If they cover your area, I'd always recommend Hometyre.co.uk (and not just because they're good mates of mine, lol)
Lucky me needs to get a wheel welded and two extra tyres fitted.
Get them banded if they need a weld anyway :metul:
Just about to start my Driver Speed Awareness course! Exciting stuff
Good luck! Hope you beat your personal best.
MaliA wrote:

Missed this. How's the 6 wheeled car?
Mr Russell wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Missed this. How's the 6 wheeled car?

Much better to drive, thank you.
Squirt wrote:

Turns out driving too fast is bad. I am now aware of this.
Zardoz wrote:
Good luck! Hope you beat your personal best.

I did a lol :D
Squirt wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Only if you get caught!
Mr Russell wrote:
Squirt wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Only if you get caught!

And therein lies the problem
Page 613 of 613 [ 30628 posts ]