Gas Guzzling Money Pits
pointless expenses and cars
DBSnappa wrote:
Isn’t that the glorified electric scooter city car Renault make?

Its a Citroen badge on the front and looks like its called the Ami

https://www.citroen.co.uk/models/future-models/ami.html
It's a heavy quadracycle
I really want one. It looks perfect for pootling to the shops.
I'm on the waiting list for the Ami. Ridiculously keenly priced, for an electric 2nd car for pootling to the shops.
Omg, we could start a shop pootling army of cute.
Findus Fop wrote:
I'm on the waiting list for the Ami. Ridiculously keenly priced, for an electric 2nd car for pootling to the shops.

They're definitely interesting but that top speed of 28mph, yikes! I'd not be enjoying it once there were a few cars behind me and my foot was to the floor.
Mimi wrote:
Omg, we could start a shop pootling army of cute.

Pootle army!
markg wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

They're definitely interesting but that top speed of 28mph, yikes! I'd not be enjoying it once there were a few cars behind me and my foot was to the floor.

POOTLE. ARMY.
Mimi wrote:
I really want one. It looks perfect for pootling to the shops.

That is exactly the target market they are aiming for, plus 16 year olds going to college and work etc.
At the price they are aiming for, it’ll sell
Needs a full car license in the UK. There's definitely a need for affordable EVs but I don't see masses of takers for this one, it's just too limited.
Findus Fop wrote:
markg wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

POOTLE. ARMY.

28mph is quite fast enough thankyouverymuch!
markg wrote:
Needs a full car license in the UK. There's definitely a need for affordable EVs but I don't see masses of takers for this one, it's just too limited.

I've half a mind to get Tiswos a Piaggio Ape in fewer than eight years time. The issue is that at 16 one can't carry a pillion, so in order to pick me up from Liverpool I would have to hide under a tarp on the back, but I don't know what I would be doing in Liverpool that late at night at 42
Here’s a faster looking one for MarkG. His can be the SuperPootler.
Haha, beautiful!
markg wrote:

Light Quadricycles are legal at 16 aren’t they?
I can 'see' at least 3 different 'faces ' on that vehicle.

It is very reminiscent of one of my son's favourite pull-back-and-go cars.

And I kinda like the idea of it.
markg wrote:
Finally got our van:

Attachment:
van.jpg

Absolutely made up with it. Spent the last couple of days doing the outside bits with a bit of help from Z.

I'm tired of car Tetris, so looking toward a van for when we go anywhere Where did you get yours, and how are you finding it?
MaliA wrote:
markg wrote:
Finally got our van:

Attachment:
van.jpg

Absolutely made up with it. Spent the last couple of days doing the outside bits with a bit of help from Z.

I'm tired of car Tetris, so looking toward a van for when we go anywhere Where did you get yours, and how are you finding it?

Got it from a firm in Sheffield who source vans and convert them. Used it loads, tons of room obviously. Just got back from a few days up in the lakes.

Attachment:
PXL_20220601_095916895.jpg

Attachment:
PXL_20220602_103623935.jpg

There's so many different ways to go with them though, best advice is to just get on autotrader/eBay and go and look at some, even hire one for a weekend and see how you get on.
Where were you in the lakes? Am yet to go "wild" camping in our van, away from a campsite. Any recommendations would be very welcome.

Mali, we got our van from https://campervanco.com/

Based in Scotland, but they do a nice line in hybrid campers based on imported Toyota Alphards. Love ours, even if the infotainment is only in Japanese.
Cheers, both. Much appreciated.
I think the solution is a swb VW transporter kombi. Use it as a daily driver, and then chuck all the tent and camping stuff in the back (this currently fills a 550 litre boot and 400 litre roofbox, and that is packing conservatively) and away we go. £15k gets 100k milers which seem ok.

Vauxhall do a CBI van, but I suspect getting one of those will lead me to always think "wish I had got the vw'.
Buy an old mobile library. That would be MaliCool
Grim... wrote:
https://special.mercedes-benz-trucks.com/en/special-trucks/allterrain-mobile-homes/mog-home-for-modern-adventurers.html

It looks like a prisoner or bullion transporter!
Cras wrote:
Do it

Won't fit through the gates here
Get a pick-up and a cowboy hat.
MaliA wrote:
Cras wrote:
Do it

Very low mileage so it will be very cheap to run. With all the money you'd save you can get your gates widened. The whole thing will pay for itself in no time.
MaliA wrote:
Cras wrote:
Do it

I think it would solve that problem for itself, no additional purchase necessary.
Thank you, we've moved away from a camper idea to a van.
Doesn't really fit in this thread, but whatevs -- I'm considering buying a proper e-bike, to get me "outdoors" a bit more and also possibly to replace the car for short journeys now that petrol prices are seemingly never coming back down to remotely reasonable levels.

Any recommendations?
If you go to Dave Mellors in Shrewsbury, they have a really good range of E-Bikes
Maybe related, but I saw someone riding a scooter down the road the other day (about the same size and shape as a Vespa) but it had pedals. It looked really odd as the pedals turned in a really small circle which made it look like a child’s tricycle pedal.
Bought a white VW T5.1 Highline (the 140bhp one) converted into a Kombi so 6 seats. 76 k on the clock.. Picking up next week or so.

Very excited.
MaliA wrote:
Bought a white VW T5.1 Highline (the 140bhp one) converted into a Kombi so 6 seats. 76 k on the clock.. Picking up next week or so.

Very excited.

Can I borrow it?
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Very excited.

Can I borrow it?

Only when you move house, and even then no.
GazChap wrote:
pics or gtfo

When it arrives! It is having a new cam belt, service, Oxford comma, and MoT first.
MaliA wrote:

Very excited.

Take it over to darkside developments to fix it.
GazChap wrote:

Excellent shots!
GazChap wrote:
pics or gtfo

Van van vroom
Where's @zardoz with the vinyl sticker design?
Page 608 of 613 [ 30628 posts ]