Gas Guzzling Money Pits
pointless expenses and cars
Chrysler Crossfires have twin square exhausts in the centre.
Bloody horrible though.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a BRG Crossfire.
Zardoz wrote:
Chrysler Crossfires have twin square exhausts in the centre.

That's it

Well done!

Wow
Mr Chonks wrote:
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a BRG Crossfire.

They don't deserve the honour!

Pretty much that other than the colour.
I know someone who has two of them. One each of the coupe and roadster. They’re effectively Mercedes underneath. Same engine as my old CLK 320!
I'd sooner have the Merc. Something odd about the styling of the Crossfire that I don't like but can't explain.
Yeah, I don't like them either.
Clarkson hit the nail on the head when he likened it to a dog squatting for a shit.
They are the epitome of terrible car design and product decision.
Trooper wrote:

Worse than the PT Cruiser?
DavPaz wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Yes. The PT cruiser is terrible and everyone knows it. The Crossfire is terrible, but some people can't see why and think it is fine.
Trooper wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Yes. The PT cruiser is terrible and everyone knows it. The Crossfire is terrible, but some people can't see why and think it is fine.

I think it is fine
MaliA wrote:
Trooper wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Trooper wrote:

I think it is fine

Well that’s the final nail in the Crossfire’s coffin
GazChap wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Saw a pretty unusual number plate on the way in this morning

Is it a TR4? If so, then that's a good number plate.

TR6 I'm afraid
Malc wrote:

Pretty much that other than the colour.

Doesn't look too bad in that photo but in the 'flesh' they look ghastly.
Shiny car!

Valet, headlight polish, machine polish, leather dye, wax.

I should really have spent the money on getting it serviced really...
And just in time for the sunny weather, too.
It takes Special skill to make an mx5 occupy two spaces
BikNorton wrote:
It takes Special skill to make an mx5 occupy two spaces

To stop any of the neighbours parking next to it while the dude was working on it.
MaliA wrote:
Trooper wrote:
My old man has one of those (I think it's the diesel version anyway). Lovely thing it is, congratulations.

Seems pretty nice inside, and roomy. I like the splitt tailgate. I spent about 3 minutes having a quick nosey. The trip computer told me for the past 6.5k miles it has averaged 48mpg at 28mph. It'll last a day before I hit the gate with it.

Did about thirty miles in it today. It is quiet, roomy, and doesn't fuss. It's not bad to drive and I quite like it. Got cake and sweets all over the back seats already

Most importantly, there's enough room to have the kids seat with the leg in the footwell AND to have the passenger seat in a decent place so I can fit in it comfortably!
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
No breakdown cover?

Have now.....

Should have two lots of cover on Friday after MrsA nipped down the road and sorted out the purchase of a 3008 1.6 diesel, (2015, 20k miles) and got 10% off.

I had a rental one last year in Italy. This one was brand new, obviously so I’m not sure if it was the same model as yours. It was certainly big and comfy. I hated the lane departure function and switched that off pretty rapidly and the UI on the screen was pretty shit too. Steering wheel felt like it would have been more at home in a Caterham as well
DBSnappa wrote:
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
No breakdown cover?

Have now.....

Should have two lots of cover on Friday after MrsA nipped down the road and sorted out the purchase of a 3008 1.6 diesel, (2015, 20k miles) and got 10% off.

I had a rental one last year in Italy. This one was brand new, obviously so I’m not sure if it was the same model as yours. It was certainly big and comfy. I hated the lane departure function and switched that off pretty rapidly and the UI on the screen was pretty shit too. Steering wheel felt like it would have been more at home in a Caterham as well

Must be the new one, this is end of first gen. The screen is the trip computer and radio info, none of this touch screen stuff.
Gave Mrs Z's car a clean this weekend and used this stuff on a few of the scratches (worked pretty well, not completely removing the bad ones but improved them).

Attachment:
allthatscratinsmakingmeitch.jpg

Looked at the headlights which were really oxidised / yellowed at the top (wish I'd taken pic of them close up before hand but you can see the one on passenger side here).

Attachment:
thereisalightthatnevergoesout.jpg

Turns out the swirl and scratch remover does a grand job on them, just elbow grease and a microfibre cloth and they're gleaming!

Attachment:
turnonthebrightlights.jpg
I've heard you need to put on a clear uv filtering coating to protect the plastic once you've done this or it comes back real quick. I think plastidip do something.
Cheers for the heads up, Wookie. I'll get a tin.
This might be what I'm thinking of but it's not very sure if you can use it on it's own or not. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastidip-Glos ... 6008&psc=1
Ta, I've got clear coat too kicking around from doing the alloys.

TBH I'll just leave it be and see if they go again before spraying. Didn't take long to clear them up anyway :)
I like the Crossfire. I've seen plenty in the flesh and I always liked them. Kinda like a more muscular Nissan Z.

I'm also a big fan of the Plymouth Prowler. Those are amazing.
JC you like ugly-ass cars, man.
Plymouth Prowler: Sounds like a Serial Killer, looks like a victim
Cras wrote:

Guilty.

My dream 'car'? Chevy SSR.

I think I'm one of about ten people that loves it.
Good god, man. That mings.
JESUS

*Rinses eyes with a 240z*
JohnCoffey wrote:
Cras wrote:

Guilty.

Is that the pickup convertible?

What do you make of the Opel GT from about a decade ago.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Cras wrote:

Guilty.

Yeah that's the one. It was like a 50s throwback but was hiding a secret. A Corvette engine. I saw one at a car show painted with proper House Of Color Chameleon Red/gold with some massive rims on. Gorgeous.

Don't know the Opel GT, but I was a big Manta fan.
JohnCoffey wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Cras wrote:

Guilty.

Yeah that's the one. It was like a 50s throwback but was hiding a secret. A Corvette engine. I saw one at a car show painted with proper House Of Color Chameleon Red/gold with some massive rims on. Gorgeous.

I've only seen a couple of SSRs but I can understand the appeal.

The Opel GT was another US oddity rebranded for the EU market.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/fi ... es/opel-gt
They replaced the El Camino SS with the SSR. That's pretty close to a war crime.
Cras wrote:
They replaced the El Camino SS with the SSR. That's pretty close to a war crime.

They should have kept their hands off of her, those damned dirty Piaggio apes
Cras wrote:

Big fan of those too.
My favourite American car is the Saturn Astra.
Only the coolest people have one of those.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Cras wrote:

Guilty.

Yes I like it. It looks like a Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky Redline.

I'm a big fan of two door small cars. That's why I loved my Tiburon (Hyundai Coupe American stylee) so much.
JohnCoffey wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Cras wrote:

Guilty.

I'm a big fan of two door small cars. That's why I loved my Tiburon (Hyundai Coupe American stylee) so much.

Yep, same platform as those two.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
Cras wrote:

Guilty.

Yep, same platform as those two.

Ahhh that would make sense, given all three have those cool "shark fin" things behind the occupant's heads.

Solstice did pretty well for a while. They used to have a race series out in the U.S for them. Then Pontiac made things like the Aztec ( ed, SIC, it's Aztek) (no, even *I* don't like that) and they kinda like, died.

Also I would like to state that even though I like how the Crossfire and Prowler look the build quality on those cars is terrible. My ex wife and I test drove a Chrysler Sebring with 12k on it and it was a shit box. Everything squeaked and rattled, and when you closed the doors the door panels went "woogawooga" and flexed. It really was a bag of bolts.

I've also been in a few Neons, too. The disposable car. No one I knew ever managed to get more than 40k out of them before the engine fell to bits.
Page 569 of 613 [ 30628 posts ]