Gas Guzzling Money Pits
pointless expenses and cars
We're close enough to Glastonbury festival that it might earn us a few quid that weekend. Might be worth a try!
MrsC uses those sites all the time for parking. They can be most useful.
£67.30p to fill the ST up, and it's not even like I was running on fumes, the light only came on during my drive home.

Petrol be getting expensive again. (And of course we pay 'enhanced' IOM prices.)

Fortunately it's proving to be pretty sensible on fuel, my long term average has settled down to 33.5mpg (that's over 2500 miles), which considering the performance on tap, (which I use on a regular basis), is pretty good going.

I know not everyone is a fan of the trend towards putting turbocharged 4 cylinder engines into sportier cars, but personally I like the balance they can deliver between performance and economy - kind of the best of both worlds really.
I got 64 mpg on the way home from Slough yesterday!
Yeah, but you had to go to Slough.
GazChap wrote:

Got to the gold semi final so quite pleased really. :)
GazChap wrote:

Yeah, and diesel.

'3500rpm achieved, it's all over then..... Time to change gear!'

I think the Leon basically just made more noise above 3500-4000rpm. (And remember it had the higher output 184bhp engine.)

Yeah I know diesel = torque but I'm really impressed with how torquey the ST is low down, and you can rag it out all the way to 7000rpm. (Which is still crap compared to the 9000rpm my Prelude Type-S did, but still.)
It wasn't a direct response to you.
Lonewolves wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Got to the gold semi final so quite pleased really. :)

Good stuff!
How did your test drive go, DBSnappa?
Trooper wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Tatra-T613-3-3-5-Litre-V8/302843313101

You should totally buy this Hearthly.

Unexpected rear engine surprise
DavPaz wrote:
Trooper wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Tatra-T613-3-3-5-Litre-V8/302843313101

You should totally buy this Hearthly.

Unexpected rear engine surprise

Perfect for putting your groceries in, that boot.
It appears that my Subaru was repaired after all... as i've just been charged £1.28 for a dart crossing :facepalm:
I've taken that car off my online account (that I totally forgot I setup) but my Ex's car is still on there. I'm not allowed to remove that car, as I can't have an account with no cars on it, for some reason. I'm going to have to actually call someone up and talk to them on the phone to close this down, in this day and age!
Zardoz wrote:
How did your test drive go, DBSnappa?

I postponed it to next weekend as we were pushed for time on Saturday
I've been watching obsessive car cleaning videos on YouTube and whilst most of it looks far too much like hard work I have I bought a snowfoam lance for the pressure washer. It's fun, oddly satisfying and actually seems to work really well, it certainly did a number on all the birdshit anyway and now the whole driveway is cherry scented.
Attachment:
shiny.jpg

Love this car so much. :luv:

Going to get it set up properly within the next couple of weeks. And I really must get those brake calipers painted.
The fella over the road who details cars starts with a snowfoam lance. He was worried that the impending hosepipe ban was going to impede his business.
Do hosepipe bans even apply to businesses?
markg wrote:
Do hosepipe bans even apply to businesses?

He washes cars on his drive for cash on Saturdays. He's hardly [famousCarWashCompany], man.

Still I reckon it's worth a few hundred a month to him. In cash, natch.
I've just realised next September we'll all be able to get our brand spanking new 69 plate cars. Nice.
Lonewolves wrote:
I've just realised next September we'll all be able to get our brand spanking new 69 plate cars. Nice.

MY69 SEX
BJ69 SUK
BJ69 VAG
BJ69 LIK
BJ69 COK
Lonewolves wrote:
BJ69 SUK
BJ69 VAG
BJ69 LIK
BJ69 COK

ME69 PLS.
We are adults
Lonewolves wrote:
We are adults

Implausible as that seems, yes.
Sold the old golf. Bit sad but I've got too many bloody old cars.
I thought someone had it for their learner car?
We built the mg for him instead.
Oh yeah, that's right.

Poor bugger :)
So, we may have bought a silver M140i yesterday. Pics next week when we pick it up.
DBSnappa wrote:
So, we may have bought a silver M140i yesterday. Pics next week when we pick it up.

Not Estoril Blue? Pfft.
markg wrote:
...And I really must get those brake calipers painted.

Would be nice to pick out the raised lettering in white / black over red.

Got loads of detailing products if you want to try anything, mostly Chemical Guys.
Might just keep it understated and go for black, but still pick out the letters in red. I'm not sure the rest of the components could handle all the extra BHP from red calipers.

Cheers for the offer, although I think I'm good for products after a minor spree at Halfords.

Look at the beading on that!

Attachment:
beady.jpg
Your wheel's on upside down mate.
GazChap wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:

Not Estoril Blue? Pfft.

The blue is nice, but glacier silver is nice as well. Particularly with the Coral red leather
DBSnappa wrote:

Ace!
DBSnappa wrote:
Particularly with the Coral red leather
Pfft anyone knows the best place for coral is not your car, it's in your house.

IN THE HOUSE

CORAL

IN THE HOUSE, CORAL
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:
Particularly with the Coral red leather
Pfft anyone knows the best place for coral is not your car, it's in your house.

IN THE HOUSE

CORAL

IN THE HOUSE, CORAL

You are a thing of beauty at times.
MaliA wrote:
You are a thing of beauty at times.

I'm just glad someone got it.
Here’s Jet. Just what we wanted. Not too big to be intimidating for HC to drive in London. Refined enough to pootle around town and zip along motorways without being tiring. Flexible performance so that it does GT cruising, but also has enough grunt to be an overtaking weapon. 335bhp and 369lb ft does that. Very pleased.
Very cool! I've been in the 135 and it's a nice place to be.
That looks nice, once I'd saved the images and rotated them to the correct orientation.

Have you got the appropriate extras on it? The M135i I took for a test drive was a base model and proper stingy on kit.
Hearthly wrote:
That looks nice, once I'd saved the images and rotated them to the correct orientation.

Have you got the appropriate extras on it? The M135i I took for a test drive was a base model and proper stingy on kit.

It’s got a few, but some curious omissions. It has Pro Nav or whatever the hell BMW call it. The upgraded Harman stereo, adaptive suspension, leccy auto dim folding mirrors. Driver comfort package whatever that is. The seat adjustments apart from bolsters are manual, which is odd, but I can live with that.
Can your car use the E10 fuel? The Exciting Rover cannot.
READ IT!
There are more Moggy's on the road than Rover 25s?!
Grim... wrote:
There are more Moggy's on the road than Rover 25s?!

Probably not, as this is only for petrol cars. I'd expect there to be plenty of diesel Rovers as well, but it's close.
Which golf?
Also meh, it'll be like the unleaded thing and not really matter anyway.
Page 534 of 614 [ 30665 posts ]