Yankee Rules Throwball
NFL season is winding up.
Pundabaya wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lord Rixondale wrote:
So then, after a frankly extraordinary start to the season, are my beautiful Bengals going to win the Superbowl or wot?

Or are they going to balls things up in a predictably stupid manner.

WHO DEY!!!

I should get an Ochocinco shirt.

:D

I desperately want Chad Ochocinco to get traded to Detroit. Why?

Detroit have retired number 85.

Hah! Awesome!

Apart from we don't want to lose him. TBH, I still mostly call him Chad Johnson in my head.
So, it's the big game this weekend. Detroit vs Cleveland : Just who is the worst team in the NFL? I reckon Cleveland are the worst, bless 'em.

More seriously though, it should be a fun night of Football tonight.
Lovely catch by Dallas Clark to get the first Indy TD.

Baltimore looking to make a game of it with two FGs since though.

I'll be cheering the Bengals on later as they attempt to have their best start in about a bazillion years.
Crikey. The chiefs beat Pittsburgh in overtime. That a turn up for the books.

And I told you that Detroit vs Cleveland was going to be a classic :)
Lord Rixondale wrote:
And I told you that Detroit vs Cleveland was going to be a classic :)

From the highlights, it looks like neither team has a decent defense. And that's putting it mildly.
Wow, the Giants really know how to make you sweat.
myp wrote:

You should try watching the bleedin' Bungles. Absolute clowns.
Lord Rixondale wrote:
myp wrote:

You should try watching the bleedin' Bungles. Absolute clowns.

I'm with you, sir!

Though the Bengals forum I lurk at seems to think the officials were having a somewhat one-sided view of penalties, though they largely blame the loss on some terrible red zone play calling by the coach.

Still, the Steelers lost too, so we're still looking decent for the playoffs if we don't start fucking up bigtime.
RAIDERS WIN, RAIDERS WIN, RAIDERS WIN

/deep breath

Giants lose again. Manning was awful.

("Bucking" - Ed) Broncos.
Short week, long schlep to Denver, playing at altitude. The odds were hugely stacked against them this week, but I still think the Giants are the best team in that division.
I thought the Giants were fairly impressive against the cowboys earlier in the season, but they do seem to have gone horribly in the last few games. It'll be interesting to see quite what the second giants cowboys match brings.
The Giants were awful last night (yes, I stayed up till about 4.30AM last night, drinking beer and eating turkey). The Giants just didn't look interested or motivated the entire match.

In fact all the games last night were pretty dull and one-sided.
liked the motown act though
Still haven't got round to paying the slightest bit of attention to this season :(

Are the Packers still in the hunt, or did the Vikings ( :spew: ) strong start continue?
Favre is in the form of his life, by all accounts. The Packers are doing better without him than they would with him, though, as odd as that sounds.
Vikings are 9-1, Packers are 7-4, placed 5th in the NFC, though, so looking like a good chance of a playoff (Possible challenges for that from the Eagles and Giants, but both of those have looked potentially fragile in their latest games. Eagles benefitted quite heavily from the Bears inability to get the ball to the receivers at important points of that game.)
Awesome... I've known teams crawl into the play-offs as wildcards with 8-8 records in recent seasons so 7-4 looks good.

All Vikings ever needed was a close-to-average QB to keep the defence honest... Adrian Peterson is a one-man wrecking crew of a running game, but with people like Tavaras Jackson taking the snaps the defence could just camp out defending the run and rely on shit QB after shit QB not being able to hurt them. It really doesn't surprise me they are flourishing with Favre, old as he may be. It's almost certainly not the form of his life though, his mid 90s form was awesomely thrill-tastic, and it's not as if he's being asked to win games single-handedly now for the Vikings.

And yeah, Green Bay have handled the Favre "situation" exactly right at all stage I think (except for beating the Vikings earlier this year!); when a guy retires and you tell his talented understudy that the job is his after about 5 years waiting and learning, you can't exactly seize it back from him when the old guy un-retires and decides he wants one more season. Embrace the future, and hope his knees and elbows pack in :D
Thank the Football Gods, the Broncos needed that one..

Gotta love Elvis Dumervil and the Broncos Defence in that game.
i really don't get college football.. voting teams to get into the playoffs, which the bignames always win?
Giants still in the playoff hunt. :)
Look at him, all smug and all.

It's times like this I wish I were a Colts fan, just so I could rub smugness in your face.
I watched the highlights of the weekends action today and there was a lot of BIG MAN WITH FOOTBALL!

Made me smile.
Can someone tell me wtf has happened to my Steelers this season? I haven't been paying attention, but it doesn't look good.
throughsilver wrote:
Can someone tell me wtf has happened to my Steelers this season? I haven't been paying attention, but it doesn't look good.

The Gradkowski era continues :metul:
Morte wrote:
RAIDERS WIN

Oh shag. Didn't realise it had got that bad.
throughsilver wrote:

In short: Injuries. Polamalu has had a quiffy knee since week 2. Roethlisberger has had a quiffy head since meeting the Chiefs, and they haven't won since then either.
Mr Dave wrote:
throughsilver wrote:

Roethlisberger has had a quiffy head since meeting the Chiefs.

Isn't that just a bad hair-do? Surely with his helmet on it shouldn't make a difference? And if he thinks he's got bad hair, he just needs to look at Polamalu and be grateful (if he is the one I'm thinking of).
Polamalu is the one with hair that cascades out of his helmet.
Raiders won the game at the weekend with 4 secs to go.

and Big ben wasnt really on it
Ha ha! Steelers suck!

Now if the Ravens lose tonight then surely not even the Bungles can fail to win the division!

:)
Clausiosity wrote:
Ha ha! Steelers suck!

Now if the Ravens lose tonight then surely not even the Bungles can fail to win the division!

:)

And the Ravens did indeed lose! The Bungles are going to be AFC North champs with one more victory - truly these are strange days we live in.

And who'd a thunk that the Steelers would be so hopeless without Troy Polamalu...
For anyone who like me is a fan of the NFL and insanity, should really start following Chad on twitter, http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco. There doesn't seem to be anything he won't tweet about. I'm becoming obsessed by this man.
Hasn't he just been fined again? Something about donning a poncho on the field.
Yep

Quote:
Dear NFL League Office, @iamdiddy told me to be great, being great means having fun n celebrating. I've written a letter of apology to yall

Mad as a box of frogs
He legally changed his name from "Johnson" to "Ochocinco".

I love him and his mentalosity.
I like the way that he decided to change his name right before the NFL season. After all the merch had been manufactured. Reebok told him that he could indeed change is name, if he purchased all the 'Johnson 85' Bengals jerseys in their warehouse.
I think my wife has got me a Chad Ochocinco shirt for Christmas. If she has, I'm going to be very, very happy indeed.
The Browns beat the Steelers. Oh man, that is so funny :DD

I really hate the Steelers. This is swiftly turning into the greatest NFL season evah.
Yeah, I saw the score at half time and had a chuckle. I'm surprised it barely changed in the second half.
There's a surprising amount of Bengals fans on here. In fact, any number greater than 1 is a surprise. Why do others like the Bengals?

I have no real reason, other than whilst watching Handegg I came to identify with them as being a sort of American version of Aston Villa; either starting off the season brilliantly before collapsing in spasms of hilarious failure and failing to reach the playoffs, or starting the season terribly before going on a rampaging run of victories... but still falling just short of the playoffs. Or sometimes just straight up sucking.

So I decided to like them as they reminded me of my football team. Strangely, the owner of one of their rivals (Cleveland) bought out Aston Villa, so I almost feel bad for still cheering on the Bengals, but once you've chosen your team, that's it!
Hmmm, personally I'm not a Bengals fan but they were the first NFL team I remember as there were highlights shown once on World of Sports pre Channel 4 which featured them and their very distinctive helmets.

On that why don't the Bengals go back to their classic uni's? The strip they have at the moment is bloody hideous.
I support the Bengals because the season I got into NFL, they happened to be the worst team in the league (1-15, I think). Everybody likes an underdog.
I want to get into this. It sounds FUN. Rixon, how many matches are there left? Can I watch some with beerage at yours?
I follow the Giants because I went to New York recently and watched a couple of games in bars. Everyone was brilliant there.

Plus their hats were nicer than the Jets ones.
I support the Isotopes.
I like the saints as Channel 5 seemed to like them on their coverage last year and new orleans looks like an awesome place.
Seahawks. Mainly due to liking quite a few bands from the area.

Pete: In the regular season, there should be another 4 games for most teams. Then there's a fair few matches in the post season
Clausiosity wrote:
Why do others like the Bengals?

Probably the helmets :) Same reason I have a soft spot for the Cleveland Indians in baseball purely because of the cheeky chappy on their logo.
Dimvinterblot wrote:
I support the Isotopes.

http://www.albuquerquebaseball.com/ They're baseball, foolish person!
Page 4 of 16 [ 798 posts ]