EvE Online
Internet spaceships
If you have to spend £150 to set a POS up and fuel it yourself, then you are one sister fucking carebear know nothin dickwad. From the sounds of it, they know nothing about the game. And to say they did not bother watching shows they know fuck all about zero space fleet fights. Tjey would not even get close.
MaliA wrote:
And to say they did not bother watching shows they know fuck all about zero space fleet fights. Tjey would not even get close.

In all fairness he did say this, that the time and effort to get there, if you even could, wouldn't make it worthwhile.

As for the POS, I don't think money was an issue. The guy routinely used to buy tens of thousands of gold in WoW because he couldn't be arsed playing the AH or farming or suchlike.
Reading back, came over an arse there. Apologies.
MaliA wrote:

No probs, that scarcely registered on my BEEX-Abuse-O-Meter :hat:
It measured as 4.2GigaDudleys, so it hardly got the needle to move.
MaliA wrote:
came over an arse there.

:hat:
MaliA wrote:

When was the last time you played properly again? Unless you've had a proper play stint I'm not aware of, it would be approaching 4 or more years. I think if I ever played again I'd have to go through the tutorials to work out how to fly again, let alone comment on fleet battles and core updates I've never experienced :P
Sir, as a bitter vet°, I can pontificate as much as I want to.

°Survivor of hundreds of enemy engagements.And tens of friendly ones. Some in between. "Untrustworthy, vile and plainly mad space pirate" said a member of an alliance i was in shodtly before i killed him for a laugh.
I'm just saying, Mr Mali, that the game has probably changed quite a lot over the years. Hasn't half of the learning skill-tree been removed? Plus there's Tech 3, wormholes, new space, and all other kinds of guff that may, albeit unwittingly, make your opinions a bit outdated.
For reasons beyond understanding, I have started the 14-day trial for this now...

I was expecting a shiny version of Elite...
So far, it's like 'Super Shiny Database Simulator with Layzors'...
You don't actually seem to pilot the ship a la Elite, just click the target & say go. Pretty similar with 'combat', click the entry from the list and go...

I'm just doing tutorial stuff for free ships, and it is nerdy enough to keep me going for a little while, but... there's something missing I feel atm. & the missus takes one look and goes off in a huff, so not a huge chance of me getting her to join in yet.

Anyway, any embittered vets feel like hurling vast (well, to me) quantities of ISK my way? ;)
Mr Dom wrote:
I was expecting a shiny version of Elite...
Uh-oh.

Mr Dom wrote:
You don't actually seem to pilot the ship a la Elite, just click the target & say go. Pretty similar with 'combat', click the entry from the list and go...
Nope. Yup. Yup.

Mr Dom wrote:
I'm just doing tutorial stuff for free ships, and it is nerdy enough to keep me going for a little while, but... there's something missing I feel atm.
I suspect the missing thing is "Elite". The only similarity between Eve and Elite are "space" and "e's at the start and end".

Mr Dom wrote:
Anyway, any embittered vets feel like hurling vast (well, to me) quantities of ISK my way? ;)
I've got a around a billion, I think - but I'm fucked if I'm ever logging in again!
Ack-chewly...

As I haven't even been playing for 24 hours, anyone fancy hitting me up with a buddy thing & split the PLEX or whatever the hell thing it is? Happy to restart as I am an utter gimboid anyway :)
I sold my char.. so I could never fly again...

If you see Kovacs Caprios flying about, say hi
So Eve had it's biggest battle ever - $200k worth of damage:

Over 70 titans went pop, with the best one being worth about $5,500. More at The Verge: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/29/53564 ... -destroyed
I read about this and while I can't quite get my head around it, I find it fascinating!
How much does insurance run to on a Titan?

Premiums'll be up!
The price of Tritanium (the core building block that things are made out of) is already going up, apparently.
Wish I had the time to play Eve. I signed up some years ago and had a dabble. Didn't have much time then, so no chance now

Its a great game though.
Free to play, now, if you don't mind not flying capital ships and skill training slower

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ee-to-play
Nope. Not going to download.
Just fire up a few spreadsheets and you'll be mostly there.
Hearthly wrote:

What are you on about. ??
Grim... wrote:
It's

so

pretty

No.......
KovacsC wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

There's an awful lot of looking at screens full of numbers.
Hearthly wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

Pew pew!
Hearthly wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

You mean the distance stuff... yes just like a spreadsheet :facepalm:
When I was playing it I ended up with so many windows full of lines of numbers it looked like I had a load of spreadsheets open.
KovacsC wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

How have you not heard of Eve being a spreadsheet simulator before? It's been a common joke for... Decades ?:|
No.

I did play it for a few years.
Grim... wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

How have you not heard of Eve being a spreadsheet simulator before? It's been a common joke for... Decades ?:|

Now Choppily’s hilariously original joke seems less so.
KovacsC wrote:
No.

How about "The world's most complicated IRC client"?
Grim... wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
No.

How about "The world's most complicated IRC client"?

No. All passed me by.
https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/10 ... 9291026435

Fucking hell, that's quite the planning exercise
Just been to the Eve monument in Rekjavic
What's the sitch with the volcano?
KovacsC wrote:

Excellent!

Is the entire thing covered with names, or just the lower levels?
KovacsC wrote:

Poty
Page 23 of 24 [ 1153 posts ]