And now I think it's time to ditch Virgin Media ASAHP.
As if fucking up digital cable to the extent of constant pauses, delays in button response and channel-loading etc wasn't enough, I could be losing my cherished internet collection too for wanting to check out the latest hot rekkids.

Maybe it's finally time to just bite the buck and sell my soul to Sky? I don't know if any other digital company exists, and Freeview is too limited for someone like me who enjoys MTV2 regularly.
Theres a link in those comments which has virgin saying that there isnt any agreement to start the three strikes thingy.
That... Sucks (if it's true).
Sky+ is quite nice, though.
It won’t work, even if they try to implement it.

The will of the people to get around it, will be much stronger than the will of the people who enforce it.
I had a miserable experience with Virgin Media towards the end. NTL were bloody brilliant by comparison to how it all ended up. NTL, FFS.

Moved house, got Sky. Better in every regard*, even if I did have to rename my wireless network's name to "Murdoch's Teat". The 'Unlimited' package is definitely worth the extra tenner a month -- even when it's factored in, ends up we're paying almost £50/month less than what we were with Virgin, and actually getting quite a bit more in terms of service.

So as far as random-stranger-on-the-Internet advice goes: Recommended.

* I've dropped down a chunk from "20 mbit/s" but real-world speeds are usually faster, and at worst are more consistent.
If I move to Sky, is using their broadband mandatory as part of the deal? Or could I get another company to handle my internet for me? If so, what net-specific ISP is recommended by all?
You can have Sky TV without Sky broadband.
As for ISP recommendations, I like Sky Unlimited MR WINKY FACE
MarzSyndrome wrote:
If I move to Sky, is using their broadband mandatory as part of the deal? Or could I get another company to handle my internet for me? If so, what net-specific ISP is recommended by all?

Be.

If you can get them that is.
MarzSyndrome wrote:

It's in no way mandatory but it rocks cocks and is cheap as fuck.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]