The PS3 Thread
That is very similar. Your's is a bit smaller and looks rather more expensive. Mine was a cheapy (£45 I think) from the hilarously named house-o'-tat shop, What!.

Sadly, when choosing their premises in my home town, they didn't move into the vacant lot next to a prominent midmarket clothing shop, otherwise our out of town shopping bit would have What! Next.
I'd have said mine was bigger (fnar) - it's got a 46" TV on it, so it might be an illusion-style thing.
It's for sale, if you want it :)
(The stand, not the TV)
Actually, they're probably about the same size, looking at the number of XBox's you could fit.
Oh yeah. I think the relative TV sizes (mine is a feeble 32") confused me. My stand is a typical metre-long one; i.e. two-19"-components-plus-a-little-extra. What's the white thing next to the HD-DVD on yours -- HDMI switcher? Also, look at your cables! For shame!

You can't see the sub in my pic, it's the other end of the room, hooked up over wire I thoughfully laid under the laminate flooring for just this purpose.
Grim... wrote:
Your TV stand is a lot like my old one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grim/1048747251/

Why do you keep all of your expensive equipment in a cupboard?
Because soon the Grim...let will start crawling. And I could do without little hands all over my stuff.
romanista wrote:

Sadly, they have still not improved the actual shape of the controller, despite it now being 11 years old, all the while their rivals improving massively on the ergonomics of their controllers.

2 hours playing forza (or whatever it is we do on wednesday) = fine.
1 hour of playing F1:CE = crippling hand pain.
richardgaywood wrote:
We also have SingStar, which I'm infomed is good (I'm not allowed to sing -- court order).

Also: hey Owen! Nice to see you :D

I shouldn't be allowed to sing... but I do!

I'm especially fond of Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Also: hello!
hollocks wrote:
Nik wrote:
hollocks wrote:
or whether my problems with it stem entirely with the PS3's awful trigger buttons.

Talking of which, does anyone have the URL for that place that was selling those Sixaxis trigger extension things?

Hmm,these sound like something i could do with, sadly google isn't helping much.

Were they only a magazine freebie?

There are some shockingly priced ones on ebay. This looks interesting though. Not sure what the point of the "armor" is, but it includes triggers.
Grim... wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
Uncharted - gorgeously decorated, above-average shooter with some climby bits and push-the-statue puzzles.

At the risk of making my review sound uninformed... Do you actually push anything in that game?

You push some big stone buttons in the first underground-y bit, and later rotate some statues just before you get to the church. It's a figure of speech, really, I use 'push-the-statue' as 'decipher simple visual/verbal instructions'. Pattern-matching, typically.
Page 2 of 2 [ 60 posts ]