Radio controlled aeroplanes, and that... and now cars!
How fickle am I? Look! Shiny!
Nice. It's crazy how good some people are now. I reckon I would probably need to smash about ten quads to do that.
I reckon you could do that. It's a confidence thing more than anything else (although getting it under the bar at the bottom looked mighty tricky).
Yeah, pulling out seemed trickier than getting it in.
Grim... wrote:
I reckon you could do that. It's a confidence thing more than anything else (although getting it under the bar at the bottom looked mighty tricky).

It's even harder than it might appear to hit gaps like that when you're diving as opposed to just flying horizontally because you can't make any corrections in roll, pitch or yaw without also pushing the thing upwards relative to your direction of travel. So your line needs to be more or less perfect right at the top which is not an easy thing to get right and you might only realise it's wrong once you're committed. Flying out the bottom is probably the easier part tbh, you just see the gap and then punch it.
Smaller Quad and/or bigger holes.
Very impressive flying though considering how small goalposts can appear in my goggles when I'm flying.
Started building a new plane with our daughter the other day:

Attachment:
guineapig.jpg

It's a bit like a giant flying labo kit.

When it's finished it'll look like this:

Except with an alicorn (this is a flying unicorn, a sort of pegasus/unicorn hybrid) theme and lots of glitter!
Is it a complete kit, or just templates? It looks pretty cool.
It's a kit but the templates are all available too.
Big old bay there for glitter drops! :D
Zardoz wrote:
Big old bay there for glitter drops! :D

The first strike in Nonce Wars.
Zardoz wrote:
Smaller Quad and/or bigger holes.

Title
I've just spent a spare hour assembling this little beauty that my parents bought me for my birthday months ago. I just assumed it would be rubbish... but it's brilliant!

I'm terrible at flying it and I think we'll need a vast open space before The Boy has a go, but I reckon I'm going to enjoy this. This is what politicians call a gateway drug, right?
It looks like an abomination but glad you’re enjoying it.
Mr Chonks wrote:
It looks like an abomination but glad you’re enjoying it.

Always the positive one
The actual X-Wing bits look really good, if that helps.
I took it and the boy to a field. The batteries died very quickly. The Boy was not impressed.

Sigh.
It's all right, you can fix that problem by spending waaaaaaay more money
Funnily enough a friend of mine is selling a drone... £700 to you Dazpaz. I'll send him round in a minute.
Tenner. Final offer
I wasn’t sure if this was the correct thread, but this drone footage of a volcanic lava eruption is wonderful:

https://m.dpreview.com/news/0301768182/ ... d5MH0p5ikc
Bought one of these little RC crawlers the other day, just for some low speed thills around the house/garden. They're so fun, 4WD, two speed gearbox, portal axles:

Attachment:
PXL_20230623_181255642.MP.jpg

Couldn't resist giving it a bit of weathering.

Attachment:
PXL_20230627_135955296.jpg
Page 42 of 42 [ 2077 posts ]