What's a good bit of software for
...stuff...
Hullo. What's a good bit of software for IM'ing on Windows? Something multi-client preferably. Such as Trillian but not so bloated. I really don't want to be able to skin it. I like 'Adium' for the Mac, a lot.
Grim... wrote:
Pidgin is for you, sir.

I use that on my Linux box so am glad to hear there is a Mac version as well. It is rather splendid.
I use Digsby which is great because it automatically sets itself up according to your saved preferences no matter what computer you install it on.
I'm guessing you have to give it some sort of clue as to your identity?
I use Trillian Astra, but that's not much use to you cus it's a closed alpha test. I also use Digsby for it's facebook intergration. Yes, I know.
Another vote for Pidgin from me.
Grim... wrote:

Indeed, you have to register an account on their servers. Why, is that an issue?
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Indeed, you have to register an account on their servers. Why, is that an issue?

It is for an MI6 operative. EY GRIM...? EH? EH?!
richardgaywood wrote:
Another vote for Pidgin from me.

:this:
I think I have Miranda on my windows pooter. I don't use it much, but I nose around on my ancient ICQ, and occasional MSN for the mad fools I need to speak to who don't have the good grace to use gmail.
GazChap wrote:
Grim... wrote:

No, but it stops it being 'automatic'</insanely pedantic>
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]