Pretty Banner
If the pretty 'be excellent to each other' banner is too much for your workplace, turn it off on this page.
I find it adds a welcome bit of colour to the page.

BLUE QUOTA REACHED.
It was nearly pink.
it SHOULD have been pink. Can you save the pink colouration for special occasions*?

*My birthday :P
A 'special occasion' banner is being planned.
I also like it. Although this forum appears to have hammered the final nail into the coffin of my thinking I can tell grey from blue.
I think it should be animated and it should also play a MIDI tune when you roll over it with the mouse.
Is lovely. Would view again.
It would be most special if the stars were to twinkle.
pupil wrote:

But that would require Flash, which would make us Mac users cry. (Unless Adobe pulls its finger out, obv.)
Or an animated gif. Because of the limited colour pallette it would not be a huge graphic, either.
Mimi wrote:
Or an animated gif. Because of the limited colour pallette it would not be a huge graphic, either.

Also, I'm a Mac user - why would it make me cry?
Oops - I mean to edit, no quote.
What? You can't view flash no a Mac?!
Look. If you want twinkly stars you'll all have to pay me £2 a month, ok?
CraigGrannell wrote:
pupil wrote:

But that would require Flash, which would make us Mac users cry. (Unless Adobe pulls its finger out, obv.)

Animated gif. Two frames. First one lasts ages, second frame a single star twinkles. :)
pupil wrote:
What? You can't view flash no a Mac?!

No, that's not the case at all. The spinning globe here is a flash animation, and I'm on a Mac. I do not know what Craig G is talking about :P
CraigGrannell! Explain yourself man!
It's more to do with Adobe being c*nts now they own Macromedia Stuff. Politics man.
Zardoz wrote:
Look. If you want twinkly stars you'll all have to pay me £2 a month, ok?

fx: unsubscribes
I think it should be rearranged to read 'Excellent BEer TOothache' for today.
Pod wrote:
CraigGrannell wrote:
pupil wrote:

Animated gif. Two frames. First one lasts ages, second frame a single star twinkles. :)

Both frames would display for the same length of time.
You can put in pauses in animated gifs :)
Sounds like Comical is volunteering to make it ;)
On second thought... pauses in animated gifs? You must be MAD.
So just do eight frames of the normal followed by one of the twinkle.
Ok, do you all really want an animated gif version?

It's shiney and new at the moment but are you really all going to be gazing at it for any length of time after the novelty has worn off?

It would be very simple for me to rejig. Vote?
I believe we have a WInnAR.
Grim... wrote:
Pod wrote:
CraigGrannell wrote:
pupil wrote:

Both frames would display for the same length of time.

You can set how long a frame is dislpayed for in a GIF. At least you could back in 1998 when I last used Animation Shop :P
Whatever I used for my .gif's was rubbish, then :(
I believe the Flash/Mac thing stems from the fact that the Flash Player on Macs is abysmal and runs things stupidly slowly in comparison to it's Windows counterpart.

Therefore, the entire page is slowed down as the Mac Flash Player struggles to cope with even the simplest of animations.
Mine seems absolutely fine. If I reset my browser and clear all cookies, etc and then go back to my site the two flash animations load in instantly.
Grim... wrote:

I used GIFfun for the mac. But that only lets the maximum length of a frame be five seconds. So the longer it is the bigger the file gets.

If you don't have a mac if you give me the files I can do it for you.

I'm sure there is something better for it.
Lave wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I used GIFfun for the mac. But that only lets the maximum length of a frame be five seconds. So the longer it is the bigger the file gets.

The file size goes up? Are you sure it wasn't just slapping in extra frames?
I used to have a GREAT free little program for making animated gifs for PC. It was simple to use, very handy. It had every option that you could ever want, and it was free. Oh yes, and it was free. That was on my PC before my PC broke, though, so I can't use it now. i also can't remember what it was called or where I got it from, so this post is more or less useless and is just taking up a little but more of your precious reading time. Sorry.
GIMP can animate GIFs, and I'm pretty sure there's no limit to frame length.
PPaint on the mig is the one true animated GIF tool.
While you're there you also need to make one of those little tiny icons that goes next to the URL and in favourites links.
Grim... wrote:
Lave wrote:
Grim... wrote:

The file size goes up? Are you sure it wasn't just slapping in extra frames?

Aye, I believe it is. For each 5 seconds you need an extra frame. It's a bit pants, but easy to use.
markg wrote:
While you're there you also need to make one of those little tiny icons that goes next to the URL and in favourites links.

Yes.

£2.
I can undercut Zardoz and do it for £1.80 8-)
I've had a sudden change of heart. As you are all lovely people you can have it for free!

Just waiting for Grim.. to finish beating his servants and everyone should be happy*.

x

*Yeah right.
Actually after reading that other thread I can picture Grim... forcing all his staff to stand there like skittles whilst he drives his 60mph RC car at them, laughing maniacally.
markg wrote:
Actually after reading that other thread I can picture Grim... forcing all his staff to stand there like skittles whilst he drives his 60mph RC car at them, laughing maniacally.

With the Grim...let riding the RC car, in practice for when he gets the keys to Daddy's Land Rover and he can drive that at the help instead.
The banner doesn't appear if you're not logged in! Also, this forum appears different now that I'm on another computer.... strange!
Pod wrote:
The banner doesn't appear if you're not logged in!

Well, you haven't said that you want to see it in your profile, have you?
Page 1 of 2 [ 59 posts ]