MeatUp 2023
5th August
WHO WILL WIN?

An all-knowing AI, or THREE CHEFFY BOIS?

https://meatupfestival.co.uk/

Attachment:
ironyeschefs.jpg

Find out on the 5th August!

Want to add music? Bam!
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1tOxJ ... 75e43699d1

Quote:
Grim...
Doc
Cras
Gaz
Jem
Zeppo
Trooper
Curio
Kern
Fun sally
Myp
Mat
Carly
Bobby
Nervous Pete
Sarah
Mr Dave
(Hopefully its recipies are better than its character encoding)
Nice variation on food adjectives
I like that it called us "expert" and "talented".
Why are you having this on my birthday?
In like Flynn.

Also, what are Irony e-Schefs?
Yay!

In.

I was going to type "Go Team Meat" but realised that sounds slightly uncomfortable.
I added a potentially short-lived quote from Craster to the site.
Grim... wrote:
I added a potentially short-lived quote from Craster to the site.

:D
I should be able to come to this, but it's going to be slightly dependant on when the official opening night for my month long exhibition in Turner House Gallery is. I believe it's going to be on the 3rd August, but if they pop it on the weekend I'm going to have to reluctantly turn this one down. Needless to say I really, really, really, really want to go to MeatUp! I'll find out what's planned. If it's a Friday I may be considerably hungover when I hit the BBQ!

More info to come on the recent adventures of Pete. Photography has been bloody busy for me lately! x
Did Gaz or I pay for our attendance yet? We talked about it last night and neither of us could remember!
NervousPete wrote:
I should be able to come to this, but it's going to be slightly dependant on when the official opening night for my month long exhibition in Turner House Gallery is. I believe it's going to be on the 3rd August, but if they pop it on the weekend I'm going to have to reluctantly turn this one down. Needless to say I really, really, really, really want to go to MeatUp! I'll find out what's planned. If it's a Friday I may be considerably hungover when I hit the BBQ!

More info to come on the recent adventures of Pete. Photography has been bloody busy for me lately! x

Ooh, congrats on the exhibition, Pete!!
Jem wrote:
Did Gaz or I pay for our attendance yet? We talked about it last night and neither of us could remember!

No, because no one did, because I haven't set that up yet. I'll do it now.
There you go: https://meatupfestival.co.uk/

Note that the menu will be up sometime in the week of the 10, as the Yes, Chef!s are having a practice run (WarmUp) next weekend.
I love this idea of battling Chat GPT. Are you going to be cooking some of your own recipes as well as AI versions of the same things?
Yeah Basically three types of protein, each one having a ChatGPT recipe and a chef recipe
Brilliant. Please do write up the results if you have the time afterwards. Would love to know how it all goes down.
Grim... wrote:
There you go: https://meatupfestival.co.uk/

Note that the menu will be up sometime in the week of the 10, as the Yes, Chef!s are having a practice run (WarmUp) next weekend.

Thank you! :luv: Paid for moi.
I have sent money
Good news! Opening night is the 3rd of August itself, so I can come to this hangover free. Grim, if I'm able could I head up for the Friday evening like last time and crash that extra night?

Will get some pennies over to you shortly.
Oh shit, now there's even a menu for you to look at!

https://meatupfestival.co.uk/

And some FAQs! Sort of.

Don't miss out! Come and see the Yes, Chef!s get fucking humbled by zeros and ones fight back against Skynet Jnr!
NervousPete wrote:
Grim, if I'm able could I head up for the Friday evening like last time and crash that extra night?

Of course. Be prepared to be put to work, though :D
WTH is a ‘beef cheek’?
It's like a cheek, but made of beef.
It's when your burger talks back to you, like in Hitchhiker's Guide.

But probably with an Aussie accent. "Call that a boit?!"
Bobbyaro wrote:
It's like a cheek, but made of beef.

:this:
Mimi wrote:
WTH is a ‘beef cheek’?

WTH so you think it is?
I don’t know. Is it like the hind quarters? I assume not like the face cheek, because cow faces are kind of angular and droopy, and how would you even get hold of those, but I know some people eat tongues and stuff, so who knows?
Nope, stright up cow face. Apparently they're incredibly tasty. I assume they come from young sturdy beef cows with less droopy faces.
The one time I've had beef cheek it was lovely. The menu was in German so my translation is probably poor, but it was braised for 8 hours or something.

They aren't the prettiest things, that's for sure.
"BZZT WHIR! WE ARE HERE TO SERVE..."

"IT'S A COOKBOOK! IT'S A COOKBOOK!"

etc.
Hello, meat-sluts! I've updated the first post with the names of the people I think have paid. If you should be on that list but aren't, let me know!

It's not like you wouldn't be allowed in or anything, we just need to know how much to over-cater by.
As is tradition, you can add your own musical choices to the HandsUp playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1tOxJ ... 75e43699d1

Remember that there are kiddies next door, so any song with RUDE WORDS will probably be removed :roll:
Grim... wrote:
Hello, meat-sluts! I've updated the first post with the names of the people I think have paid. If you should be on that list but aren't, let me know!

It's not like you wouldn't be allowed in or anything, we just need to know how much to over-cater by.

I have paid for a hotel round the corner.

Alas, payment for a person with no paypal account no longer appears to be a thing offered.
I think it's buried in the FAQ somewhere, but just give me £20 when you turn up, or something.
We're going to be camping in your garden, if that's still a thing. Zeppo too, although he'll be in a separate tent.
I'm also bringing my tent.
Excellent work, tenters!
Well, frankly I'm looking forward to only listening to songs I've chosen ;)

( https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1tOxJ ... cda9048de5 )
I added four, but won’t be offended if you take them off because I’m not actually going to be there and probably have questionable taste in music, but I thought maybe I could be there in spirit.
Looks like I'm having one (or possibly two) of my wisdom teeth pulled out on Thursday, so rather than being able to sample all of these lovely delights I imagine I'm going to be on the ice cream.

:(
Less wise people would eat meat regardless
Gaz has no luck at MeatUp :(
Indeed :(

It's possible that it'll have healed up enough that I can very gingerly chow down on all the meats, but I'll still have to take it steady I'm sure.

TBH, it's probably better than the current situation, where I can barely eat anything at all, so I guess it's a plus whatever happens :P
Somebody must have a blender!
Take a blander and call it pâté.
Lovely weather for it :')
Remember that winners bring ice!
Jem wrote:
Lovely weather for it :')

I shall think of you all while I'm sat watching the cricket/rain at Edgbaston
Page 1 of 2 [ 92 posts ]