Cozy Grove
Hello. Is anyone playing Cozy Grove? Russell bought it for me when I was having a bout of The Miseries, and it’s just what the doctor ordered. A bit Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley, a bit Animal Crossing, but with a touch more ‘story’ than either. There are small, gentle daily quests. The system clock drives the time of day and date on your island (as it does in AC) and so I am now in winter.

You’re a young scout who has been dropped off on an island of cute ghost bears. The world is black and white and as you build your world and relationships the world gets back its colour. But every morning it washes away again until you can create a network of lamps and relationships that bring the world back to life.

Lots of foraging, bug catching and (most importantly in any game) fishing. The dialogue is A++ brilliant and funny. The artwork is beautiful. It’s about £10 and I am really enjoying it.
I haven't, but this looks amazing!
It’s a lovely game, Jem. I look forwards to checking what quests I have. It doesn’t matter if you don’t log in for a while, and if you have finished your quests you can go fishing and gathering, etc. I really enjoy it for some no-pressure gaming.
50% off on Steam right now! (At that point I noticed it was Windows only on Steam, so was sad. It's on Apple Arcade, but I don't subscribe.)
Bit of a long shot, but if you have a Barclaycard you can get 5 months of Apple Arcade for free: https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/apple
Thanks! I do not, but if I apply for one soon, then maybe it'll be one of those.
JBR wrote:
50% off on Steam right now! (At that point I noticed it was Windows only on Steam, so was sad. It's on Apple Arcade, but I don't subscribe.)

Yoink!
One thing I didn’t notice until today (my day nine) is when you are crafting or cooking things, or giving someone an item for a quest, it can be in your storage inside your campfire, and you don’t need to tramp over there to put it in your pockets first.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]