WongaWatch - The Grand Game Expenditure Thread 2022

How much do you expect you'll spend on games & consoles in 2022?
£0 - £1 - Yar, yar and/or freeware for me yo.  10%  [ 1 ]
£1 - £50  10%  [ 1 ]
£50 - £100  0%  [ 0 ]
£100 - £200 (~£12.50/month)  0%  [ 0 ]
£200 - £300  10%  [ 1 ]
£300 - £400  40%  [ 4 ]
£400 - £600 (~£50/month)  20%  [ 2 ]
£600 - £800  0%  [ 0 ]
£800 - £1000  0%  [ 0 ]
£1000 - £1200 (~£100/month)  10%  [ 1 ]
£1200 - £1500  0%  [ 0 ]
£1500 - £2000  0%  [ 0 ]
£2000 - £mental  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10
Nintendo switch sports <30.94>
<16.09> Cosmonious High (Oculus Quest)
<10.59> Dorfromantik via GOG for PC
<35> red dead redemption 2 PC
<21.25> Deathloop for PC via Green Man Gaming
<51.09> Sniper Elite 5 Deluxe Edition for PC from Green Man Gaming.
Hearthly wrote:

Have you not got Gamepass anymore Hearthly? This is on there now.
TheVision wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

Have you not got Gamepass anymore Hearthly? This is on there now.

I don't believe in Gamepass, I think it trivialises games and makes them feel less special, so I like to purchase games I want to be part of my collection.

A game collection should be like a book collection, curated and loved on an individual basis, not like loaves of bread on a supermarket shelf.

Something like that anyway.
<21.25> Hitman 3 for PC from Green Man Gaming.

I'm fed up with Steam randomly deciding I can't buy things directly from it so now I just buy keys from elsewhere. Epic and GOG are fine though.
<20> Outer Wilds (PC)
<16.19> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Shredder's Revenge for PC via Green Man Gaming.
Nintendo switch sports <30.00>
155 days of Ps plus extra <15>
180 days of Ps plus extra <16.76>
Chaps, where are you getting those prices for PS+ Extra?
I suspect it's the extra they have to pay to upgrade the remaining time on their existing PS+ accounts.
Ah yes, it's just to upgrade, you're right. Hmm, might give Premium a go until renewal, though clearly it doesn't make sense in the long-term.
Findus Fop wrote:
Chaps, where are you getting those prices for PS+ Extra?

The access to the game catalogue seems to be good value
Findus Fop wrote:
Ah yes, it's just to upgrade, you're right. Hmm, might give Premium a go until renewal, though clearly it doesn't make sense in the long-term.

I took a look at the premium offering (the classic games, basically) and wasn't overly impressed. If you're into the cloud gaming it might make sense, though.

It's a good start, and I hope that it can catch up to Gamepass at some point, as one clearly outshines the other.

You're next, Nintendo!
<29.99> Alien Isolation (PS4)
That feels like a lot of money.
Grim... wrote:
That feels like a lot of money.

It sounds like a digital purchase

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... SOLATIONP4
Yeah, I could probably have got it cheaper but hey-ho.
Football Manager 22 (PC) <29>
<15.99> 2400 SHOW-BUCKS in Fall Guys because I want my little bean guy to look cool so I bought the Season Pass.

TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Attachment:
beany.JPG
<730.00> Steam Deck (512GiB)
GazChap wrote:

Ouch, is that the ebay tax?
Joans wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Ouch, is that the ebay tax?

Yeah. I didn’t expect to win the auction tbh, the 512s tend to go for closer to £1K!

Still, not all bad, when my preorder reservation for the 256Gb one comes in, I’ll hopefully be able to flip it for a bit of profit. Normally hate people that do that, but gotta pay for the 512 one somehow ;)
Not too bad then. I'm late to the party, so probably won't get mine until towards the end of the year, but I'm in no rush.
Definitely interested to hear what you think of it though.
<10.10> Monument Valley Collection (Steam)
<20.14> Tetris Effect Connected (Steam)
<42.99> Ratchet and Clank PS5
<21.59> Stray for PC from Steam, it's a game where you play as a cat.

Also, Steam and/or my bank appear to have entered the 21st century and recognised that the IOM exists so I was able to buy it direct from Steam and I had to do an 'approve this purchase' type thing in my IOM/Channel Islands exclusive version of the HSBC app. (We can't use the regular HSBC app here.)
I refuse to recognise the IoM. It remains a pariah state
MaliA wrote:
I refuse to recognise the IoM. It remains a pariah state

Google still refuse to recognise us, and categorise the IOM IPs as 'Rest Of The World', so for example on an Android phone you only get the free version of the Play Store. You have to VPN yourself to a UK IP to get the full version of the store.
<15.29> Sam & Max Save the World (Switch)
<15.49> Bear & Breakfast for PC via Steam.

It's a game where you're a bear who runs a bed & breakfast
Until Goldilocks comes in and fucking ruins your shit, so you have to go postal in a mad revenge hunt, right?
GazChap wrote:
Until Goldilocks comes in and fucking ruins your shit, so you have to go postal in a mad revenge hunt, right?

It's a perfectly charming little game, it's more like a cross between an adventure game and a management style game, as there are quests to do and areas to explore and whatnot, it's not like Theme Hospital where it's straight into making stuff.

ALSO:

<3.39> Trials Rising in the Epic Games Sale.
<34.99> Two Point Campus for PC from Steam.
Hearthly wrote:

What do you think? I'm finding it a bit...simple. I've done the first 2 campuses and the 3rd just seems like the same thing again.
Trooper wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

What do you think? I'm finding it a bit...simple. I've done the first 2 campuses and the 3rd just seems like the same thing again.

I only did the first campus last night so it's too early for me to say (I have a habit of remaining on a level in games like this well past the point when I can move onto the next one).

That said, it was a review that criticised the game for being a bit too easy and not throwing up much in the way of stress or challenges that made me want to give it a go more, as sometimes it's just nice to chill out and make stuff without too much to worry about. (There's one level in Two Point Hospital, for example, where you basically don't have access to staff so have to train all your staff up whilst juggling them out doing active hospital duties to stop everyone dying and to keep making money to fund more training, and I didn't like that level at all because I just wanted to have a nice hospital that functioned well.)

As such I'm kind of hoping that Two Point Campus will sort of just let me cruise me through it, enjoying the humour whilst tinkering with stuff to get it just how I want it.

Here's the review, BTW - https://www.techradar.com/features/like ... oo-relaxed

Attachment:
campuso.JPG
<49.99> Spiderman Remastered for PC off Steam.
<12.49> Track expansion pack for Trials Rising. I haven't even played Spiderman yet. I'm a sucker for the Trials games, had a couple back on the 360 as I recall. I always hit a wall once the HARD difficulty tracks kick in (literally and metaphorically), but up until that point, they're a blast. (Also often literally.)
I've spent <607.79> since I last updated this... On what? I have little to no idea. No, wait. Of course I do! It's all on my spreadsheet.
<459.99> Steam Deck 256GB (my original pre-order)
<-481.89> Selling Steam Deck 256GB
Should have been -£556 but I forgot about eBay's fucking cut, the shitlords.
£75 to sell it on there? Wow... Shitlords indeed!
<26.74> Wreckfest for PC from Steam.
Page 3 of 4 [ 196 posts ]