Winter Watch ‘21 - ‘22
Winter is here and has started off strong.

Lots of snow here today. Russell and I just dashed out to try and put our candy cane lights in the ground before the clay soil freezes solid.
Only very light snow in Bromsgrove when we left the house, but going up the M5 by Birmingham it was really heavy and treacherous so we came home.
Yeah, it’s really heavy and a thick layer. We’ve built a large snowman, been sledding (sledging?) and had a snowball fight.
That looks great! Just wind for us so far, resulting in the partial renewal of my shed doors
Oof. We’ve had some of the neighbour’s tree come down in the garden. We seem mostly intact, but I did hear a few things falling over in the road overnight.
Absolute carnage here. Snow everywhere and at around 11:30pm last night, the wind blew the metal surround off a wingmirror on the Cube. Devastation.
The usual fence panels here. Not mine though. I maintain my stuff.

Flex
I was in the house on my own last night, heard a noise and went downstairs, and immediately heard it again. Some fucker banging on the patio doors, unmistakeable. I properly shat myself. Ran out into the back garden with half a mind on where the pile of bricks was in case I needed a weapon then saw the table on its side bouncing off the window in the wind.
There was sideways snow when Helen was walking the dog at 6 but none stuck.

What has stuck however is the power cut which started at 2am. Currently expected back on by 1730 but there are loads in the area and all slipping (presumably because there are loads in the area).

It are a mite chilly in the house, but that's ok because we're heading to Barry to see my mum and sister.
markg wrote:
I was in the house on my own last night, heard a noise and went downstairs, and immediately heard it again. Some fucker banging on the patio doors, unmistakeable. I properly shat myself. Ran out into the back garden with half a mind on where the pile of bricks was in case I needed a weapon then saw the table on its side bouncing off the window in the wind.

I had a similar reaction to a flappy letterbox!
Reading the last few posts of this thread:
The road surfaces are frozen over here. The couple of vehicles that I’ve heard pass today sound like a load of fireworks going off as the snow and ice cracks beneath.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]