Windows 11
[Funny Spinal Tap quote here]
Got bored this afternoon so ran the update and an hour or so later I had Elevened my laptop. All very bright and curvy compared to what was on before. Not sure I like the fixed-size taskbar and my muscle-memory demands that the Start button should never be anywhere but the far left. I think I can fix the latter but not the former so after decades of avoiding it I think I'll have to turn auto-hide on.

Not really delved into much else so far, but I'm sure there's going to be frustrations and delights over the next few days.
I don't think my PC is compatible which is slightly annoying.. but then, I'm happy with how it's currently working and I can't really afford to be faffing about with stuff that won't run on a new Windows so I'll stick with what I've got until I can afford an upgrade which will probably be never judging by how expensive everything is.
They've moved start again?! Every time I use my daughter's windows 8 laptop I feel myself getting stupider
Quote:
Not sure I like the fixed-size taskbar and my muscle-memory demands that the Start button should never be anywhere but the far left.

Last Windows version I used with any regularity was 7, never used 8 and have barely touched 10....not really due to choice or preference just circumstance.

I suspect my muscle memory (such that it is) is almost gone now and I'd spend a considerable amount of time faffing about reacclimatising.

I now realise why my mum used to complain when they rearranged the shelves at Tesco.
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]