Co12age

Your preferred weekend for cottage 2022?
Poll ended at Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:37
16-19 Sept  13%  [ 8 ]
23-26 Sept  13%  [ 8 ]
30-03 Oct  10%  [ 6 ]
07-10 Oct  20%  [ 12 ]
14-17 Oct  18%  [ 11 ]
21-24 Oct  15%  [ 9 ]
28-31 Oct  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 59
To complicate your sums, my plus two is very sorry but isn't able to make it. So a space is free!
As we only have two pay days left before cottage (in theory), can I take this opportunity to nudge those who've not paid yet. If you need reminding of your outstanding balance, please shout :) Ta muchly :luv:
HowMuchplease?
DavPaz wrote:
HowMuchplease?

£110 please
JBR wrote:
Outstanding!

Can't tell if that's a balance request or just a statement :DD but you're all paid up
Jem wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
HowMuchplease?

£110 please

I am no longer outstanding
Merci beaucoup
DavPaz wrote:
Jem wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
HowMuchplease?

£110 please

I think you're outstanding, mate :thumbup:
Curiosity wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Jem wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
HowMuchplease?

£110 please

Aww, thanks OFSTED mate!
DavPaz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Jem wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
HowMuchplease?

£110 please

Aww, thanks OFSTED mate!

Sickening favouritism
I shall bring:

Dominion
Colt express
Revolution
Arboretum
Patchwork
Parks
Flame Rouge
Dungeon
Sagrada
Machi koro

There will be a world championship Triple Crown this year.

Current Champions are TTR: Malia, Flame Rouge: sadly Kov failed a drugs test so has had the title removed.
MaliA wrote:
Arboretum
Patchwork

Such lovely looking games that hide utter cut-throat evilness. Love them!
I have an unopened Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion I'll bring, if anyone wants to try out Gloomhave "lite".
I haven't played the main game in a couple of years, so we'll all have to learn it all again together :D
Merci beaucoup! Only waiting on a few payments now (hint hint gazchap)
Yo, do you have monies from the Hurst's? If not I'll give them a shout.

Or anyone else from off the board?
I do have money from the Hursts. I think it's only board members left now :)
NAME AND SHAME!
List of people still outstanding:

1) DavPaz

I jest, I haven't got a fucking clue in reality.
Davpaz is always outstanding
Sickening favouritism
Tis true I was out standing in the back garden earlier on
Because the trains are stupid it's cheaper for me to travel from Ivybridge to London and then on to Derby than it is for me to travel from Ivybridge to Derby and back

Attachment:
ivy to derby and back.png

This got me thinking that there are probably people in London that are travelling to Derby, is anyone willing to give me a lift if I can get to Paddington shortly after 10:00?

Attachment:
ivy to london and back.png

I can obviously help with fuel!

Please let me know (I will have a large rucksack and maybe a small one too in terms of baggage)
for those wishing to see the difference
Attachment:
london to derby and back.png
£120 v 260 ish (allowing £10 for travel between Paddington and St Pancras - which is more than enough)
£124 return if you split the tickets
I'm near Broxbourne, travelling from there, Malc. Any good? I've the day off, so doesn't matter when you get there.

Broxbourne is about £8 from Liverpool Street on the day (via nfc etc), so it's Liverpool Street or Tottenham Hale you need to get to in London.

Or any other stations round here (on different lines there's Stevenage or Hertford North, from Kings X, for instance).

Edit: The Kings Cross ones look better, as you're coming in to STP. If you fancy it, worth checking that tickets in advance aren't more than tickets on the day (it's always better to book in advance long distance, but commuter trains they'll try and charge you the full advance single, when you can just tap in and out for less).
Oops; Paddington! But, this is your chance to hop on the Lizzy Line to Liverpool Street, Liv St to Broxbourne (trains every 15mins or so).
I'd forgotten about splitting the ticket last night. (Thanks Malia) It's interesting that there is almost no saving using that site on the Ivybridge to London and London to Derby legs, but it radically reduces it on the Ivybridge to Derby leg.

As it's so much quicker going direct, rather than through London. I'm thinking of switching back to that option. as well as not worrying about late running trains causing me to miss a connection.
Just realised we're literally just over two weeks out, so re-watched the 'official' cottage trailer, haha. SUPER EXCITED :DD
Jem wrote:
Just realised we're literally just over two weeks out, so re-watched the 'official' cottage trailer, haha. SUPER EXCITED :DD

This one?

Yeah, that one :D
DavPaz wrote:
Jem wrote:

This one?

That is brilliant.
IMDb: : Beast
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11301946/

Cottage movie suggestion. It's a Bollywood Musical Die Hard. I think
Hello cottage people, looks like I will be rocking up saturday morningish and heading home sunday afternoonish.
So, please keep a bed free for me somewhere :D
11 days to go!

Are we doing wristbands again or just being respectful?

Haven't decided what games to bring yet, but need to get a move on so I can refresh myself of the rules for the ones I do. And I need to sort out my wardrobe...
DavPaz wrote:
IMDb: : Beast
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11301946/

Cottage movie suggestion. It's a Bollywood Musical Die Hard. I think

There's a Singham/Simmba crossover movie for Sunday Movie Time.
Last night I verbalised my worry about the trains on Friday being affected by the Strike on Thursday, and this morning I got this wonderful email:

Quote:
We're sorry to inform you that your trip to Derby is affected by service changes. Please review your updated itinerary below and replan your journey if needed.

Your outbound journey starts from Ivybridge at 08:00, but please arrive in plenty of time.
⚠ This service has been retimed and you may not make your next connection.
➔ Board the 08:00 service to Taunton (Great Western Railway)
You'll arrive at Totnes at 08:13 Leave the train here.
⚠ You may not be able to make this service due to earlier cancellations or timetable changes.
➔ Board the 07:51 service to York (CrossCountry)

May not be able to make this service!

May not!

So, looks like I might need that bus to Totnes after all.

I can't even just get a refund on that portion of the journey, I have to either accept the whole thing, or get a full refund on the whole journey.

I tried to speak to someone, but the line was so poor quality, I could barely hear what they saying.

Just a little frustrating.
Quote:
Dear Malc,

dunno! Good luck!
:DD

While I'm thinking of it - there's tentative plans afoot for the running members of beex to partake in a wee spot of jogging again this year.

Thinking maybe 10km on the Sunday, probably along the canal as per last year. No time specifically decided yet.

Just putting it out there for anyone interested so you remember to bring your trainers.
1 week to go!

Genuinely excited about this.

Giphy "1 week left!":
https://media1.giphy.com/media/l0K4pAgVWJOX49Tzi/giphy-loop.mp4
I should start on the quiz...
Jem wrote:
:DD

While I'm thinking of it - there's tentative plans afoot for the running members of beex to partake in a wee spot of jogging again this year.

Thinking maybe 10km on the Sunday, probably along the canal as per last year. No time specifically decided yet.

Just putting it out there for anyone interested so you remember to bring your trainers.

Why not :)
Breaking news! I should be able to do the Friday after all, I know you were worried.

Costco is on the way for me, was planning to drop in a buy cakes and snacks if anyone wants anything in particular.
Yeah, cakes and snacks mate
Curiosity wrote:
I should start on the quiz...

Are you accepting prize donations this year?

I'm sure I have some tat to throw out worthy items to contribute.
Page 3 of 7 [ 335 posts ]