31 Days of Happiness
Make March Positive.
Nice! Are you going to take it?
Been really enjoying my painting & model building again. Nice when things I try work out and I'm not over thinking stuff.
Congratulations Kov!
Yesterday - I received some sewing supplies that made me happy. I can now complete some projects this weekend.

Today, it's beautiful outside and I have a walk planned at lunch time to check out what garden supplied our local Quality Discounts might have in.
None of you have balls stuck in your plug holes and it shows.
sdg wrote:
None of you have balls stuck in your plug holes and it shows.

:DD
I always sit at the other end.
Zardoz wrote:
I always sit at the other end.

:D
My new bike is arriving tomorrow!!!!
KovacsC wrote:
Mine is got an offer for a new job.

Giphy "excellent":
https://media2.giphy.com/media/3orieKZ9ax8nsJnSs8/giphy-loop.mp4
Zardoz wrote:
Nice! Are you going to take it?

I think so, just waiting for the formal offer.
DBSnappa wrote:

oooh what is it?
KovacsC wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:

oooh what is it?

A human powered, two-wheeled vehicle
but that's not important right now

edit: there were are
It's very low rent as stories go, but I got a new external hard disk, and transferred everything from the old, overlarge, separate power-needing, one onto it. I've avoided the future day of "oh, of course it has broken, it's old. I wonder what was on it?" but the dog not barking is rarely a good story. I still feel a sense of satisfaction.
KovacsC wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:

oooh what is it?

It’s a Reilly Road/Spectre with Ultegra Hydro group set and discs. Ti frame
Joans wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Yep, me too... and just to prove it wasn't a photo shop, here's me donning the helmet of justice.

You're wearing a different top :p

Whaaaaat?! Is that Hugo Myatt?
Me and two others had a very informal hour long chat with my local government representative whom I respect and admire. I was a bit starstruck.

Changed laptop battery. Laptop still functional.

New job is pretty decent.
What are you doing now then? And how come you left the last role?
I don’t have a ball in my plug hole!
Mr Russell wrote:
What are you doing now then? And how come you left the last role?

Got put on the good ship DoOne in a restructure, so signed on dole 1st Feb, accepted a job offer on 5th Feb, signed off dole on 7th March as I began work again. Now overseeing processes in the food hygiene industry with a payrise and more responsibility.

Worked out well. Except for the "having to homeschool the kids instead of 2 month's of PS5" bit. That bit was rubbish
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Yesterday - I received some sewing supplies that made me happy. I can now complete some projects this weekend.

Today, it's beautiful outside and I have a walk planned at lunch time to check out what garden supplied our local Quality Discounts might have in.

Didn't get gardening supplies, but did get cakes.
My young son came staggering out of bed last night and into the living room, clambered up onto my lap and gave me a lovely big sleepy cuddle for a couple of minutes and then took himself back off to bed. It was a small, but sweet moment of connection and affection.
Sir Taxalot wrote:
My young son came staggering out of bed last night and into the living room, clambered up onto my lap and gave me a lovely big sleepy cuddle for a couple of minutes and then took himself back off to bed. It was a small, but sweet moment of connection and affection.

Awwwwwww :luv:
sdg wrote:

Hopefully, that's a posting you'll never need to make again.

How did you remove it?
Mimi wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:

That's prerferrable to when our daughter wandered downstairs when she was about 4, went straight into the kitchen and sat on the flip top bin for a wee. Fortunately we managed to steer her to the loo before she actually commenced. She didn't remember anything about it the following morning.
Sir Taxalot wrote:

Was he shit-faced?
Warhead wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:

That's prerferrable to when our daughter wandered downstairs when she was about 4, went straight into the kitchen and sat on the flip top bin for a wee. Fortunately we managed to steer her to the loo before she actually commenced. She didn't remember anything about it the following morning.

Was she shit-faced?
Kern wrote:
1. My neighbour told me that she saw a hedgehog in my garden.
2. I have ordered a new coffee table meaning I'll finally be motivated to remove the crap from the old one.
3. I'm pleased with how well my draw-the-art round worked last night and everyone's clear enjoyment of it.
4. I just looked out of my window and saw six birds on my two feeders, and four more nibbling up the ground seed.
5. Day off, so got up later than normal, cooked cheeseburgers for breakfast, cleared and dismantled the old coffee table, and built a new one.
6. Marked the space I wanted to develop in my garden out with weed fabric, developed a plan for it, and ordered the planter kit I need.
7.Sitting in my garden, reading a book, and drinking beer. Sure, my fleece might be zipped up to my chin and my knuckles are turning an interesting shade of purple but the sun's out, some of my crocuses are blooming, and Spring is in the air.
8. Cooked a tasty curry and was a bit more adventurous with it than normal, even preparing a marinade in the morning ahead of time.
9. Quiz! Cheered me up no end.
10. Gave an excellent presentation at work.

11. Train ride!
Warhead wrote:
sdg wrote:

Hopefully, that's a posting you'll never need to make again.

How did you remove it?

The only sensible way. I forked it up.
Findus Fop wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Sir Taxalot wrote:

Was she shit-faced?

No, she wasn't allowed alcohol until she was 5.
Just had a lovely video call with two of my closest friends. :luv:
I left pants on the radiator. Just put on toasty pants. Wining at life.
KovacsC wrote:
I left pants on the radiator. Just put on toasty pants. Wining at life.

That is an amazing feeling! I used to do this with the boys uniform on cold winter mornings. :luv:
Today, I have happy post! :D
I am sure you mean school uniforms, but I’m going to let myself imagine you mean the army uniform.

Those fabrics are lush. I especially like the ones in the top row: the sunshine and the Japanese inspired one on the right, which looks like wire and enamel work to me. Really pretty.
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I love the quiz.. was such a laugh.

Indeed. I just lost control with those product guessing questions. For some reason I was mentally doing some kind of "find the link" between these two items instead of "say what you see" and they just seemed ridiculously funny. It was one of the early ones that set me off and I didn't recover until after Wedgy Benn and the German soldiers.

Can't get those Germans out of my subconscious.

When my alarm woke me this morning I was having a dream about being in a German soldier's uniform and meeting a girl that I used to really fancy at junior school. But we were now adults and she was sitting on a sofa with her husband, who she wanted to be her boyfriend when we were at school all those years ago, and who she did eventually marry IRL. It seemed evident that ze Germans had won the Second World War and I think I was wearing the uniform as a disguise. Unfortunately, the alarm woke me before anything more interesting happened.
Warhead wrote:
I think I was wearing the uniform as a disguise. Unfortunately, the alarm woke me before anything more interesting happened.

Literally, a sleeper agent.
Kern wrote:
1. My neighbour told me that she saw a hedgehog in my garden.
2. I have ordered a new coffee table meaning I'll finally be motivated to remove the crap from the old one.
3. I'm pleased with how well my draw-the-art round worked last night and everyone's clear enjoyment of it.
4. I just looked out of my window and saw six birds on my two feeders, and four more nibbling up the ground seed.
5. Day off, so got up later than normal, cooked cheeseburgers for breakfast, cleared and dismantled the old coffee table, and built a new one.
6. Marked the space I wanted to develop in my garden out with weed fabric, developed a plan for it, and ordered the planter kit I need.
7.Sitting in my garden, reading a book, and drinking beer. Sure, my fleece might be zipped up to my chin and my knuckles are turning an interesting shade of purple but the sun's out, some of my crocuses are blooming, and Spring is in the air.
8. Cooked a tasty curry and was a bit more adventurous with it than normal, even preparing a marinade in the morning ahead of time.
9. Quiz! Cheered me up no end.
10. Gave an excellent presentation at work
11. Train ride!

12. Drank beer and read.
13. Thrilling rugby!

I've lasted this long, guess I'm going to have to continue numbering for the rest of the month...
Grim... wrote:
Joans wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Yep, me too... and just to prove it wasn't a photo shop, here's me donning the helmet of justice.

You're wearing a different top :p

Whaaaaat?! Is that Hugo Myatt?

Nope. It was the guy who bought the Knightmare license to run 'Knightmare Live'. A comedy stage show which travelled the country and was really rather good!
This fella turned up today! :D
I had breakfast in bed. :luv:

Looking forwards to the free exfoliation when I go to bed tonight snd get to roll around in toast crumbs as my little boy also had breakfast in (my) bed :DD
Visited an abandoned village.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
This fella turned up today! :D

Yo.

Attachment:
20210315_095830.jpg
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Today, I have happy post! :D

:metul: GOTH SLOTHS!!! :metul:
@KovacsC that looks awesome! I've love to have a wander around there sometime.

@Grim... What's your called? I've called mine Buster. :hug:

@Zardoz yes! Sam loves Sloths, so I'm going to make him some more surprise pants. :D Although I was sent extra so he might get two pairs. :shrug:
Schoolfriend wrote a book.
It arrived today.
Please excuse the curtains.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
What's your called? I've called mine Buster. :hug:

Um... Squid thing.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
@KovacsC that looks awesome! I've love to have a wander around there sometime.

@Grim... What's your called? I've called mine Buster. :hug:

@Zardoz yes! Sam loves Sloths, so I'm going to make him some more surprise pants. :D Although I was sent extra so he might get two pairs. :shrug:

You are more than welcome to come across, when we can. We have a Jem and Gazchap here too :)
Page 4 of 6 [ 285 posts ]