31 Days of Happiness
Make March Positive.
Kern wrote:
1. My neighbour told me that she saw a hedgehog in my garden.
2. I have ordered a new coffee table meaning I'll finally be motivated to remove the crap from the old one.
3. I'm pleased with how well my draw-the-art round worked last night and everyone's clear enjoyment of it.
4. I just looked out of my window and saw six birds on my two feeders, and four more nibbling up the ground seed.
5. Day off, so got up later than normal, cooked cheeseburgers for breakfast, cleared and dismantled the old coffee table, and built a new one.
6. Marked the space I wanted to develop in my garden out with weed fabric, developed a plan for it, and ordered the planter kit I need.

7.Sitting in my garden, reading a book, and drinking beer. Sure, my fleece might be zipped up to my chin and my knuckles are turning an interesting shade of purple but the sun's out, some of my crocuses are blooming, and Spring is in the air.
Today I planted some onion seeds and five varieties of tomato. I also found my clothes pegs (they were in my hat; of course they were!)
Had a kick about with my boy. Throwing and kicking a rugby ball. Was good to be out.
I've had the backdoor and windows open for most of the day. :)
Built a wardrobe for Darwin's room so we can finally start packing away some more of his things after moving.
Today marks two years of no gambling. The second year has been easier, but I think due to the lockdowns, it certainly dragged on more than the first.
That’s brilliant, DM x
devilman wrote:
Today marks two years of no gambling. The second year has been easier, but I think due to the lockdowns, it certainly dragged on more than the first.

Brilliant, well done! Get your head down and focus on year 3!
Well done Devilman!

My happiness comes from the fact the kids are back in school. It was really nice to see the effort the school had put on with music playing on the entrance way, banners and a huge balloon arch. The kids were a bit nervous to say the least but it's good to have a tiny bit of normal back in our lives. Tiny steps and all that.
Yeah that's great going, Devilman. Well done!
Awesome stuff DM..
Back working after two months. In a quiet house.
devilman wrote:

An old friend of mine marked two years of no gambling today. I'm really proud of him. :luv:
KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:
Nice one :D Now you just need a nice plant to grow up that trellis.

Been looking a climbing rose, but I am open to suggestions :)

Jasmine. :attitude:
MaliA wrote:
Back working after two months. In a quiet house.

Does it feel like you've gone deaf?
devilman wrote:

Brilliant achievement, well done!
Thanks all. :) Gambling seems to be losing its grip on me; on the occasions when I feel like a short burst on a free game, I usually play this one but after a few minutes, I just get bored, whereas in the past, I could sit and play the same game for hours.
devilman wrote:
Thanks all. :) Gambling seems to be losing its grip on me; on the occasions when I feel like a short burst on a free game, I usually play this one but after a few minutes, I just get bored, whereas in the past, I could sit and play the same game for hours.

I feel absolutely the same about alcohol, but still, be ever-vigilant.
Kern wrote:
2. I have ordered a new coffee table meaning I'll finally be motivated to remove the crap from the old one.
3. I'm pleased with how well my draw-the-art round worked last night and everyone's clear enjoyment of it.
4. I just looked out of my window and saw six birds on my two feeders, and four more nibbling up the ground seed.
5. Day off, so got up later than normal, cooked cheeseburgers for breakfast, cleared and dismantled the old coffee table, and built a new one.
6. Marked the space I wanted to develop in my garden out with weed fabric, developed a plan for it, and ordered the planter kit I need.
7.Sitting in my garden, reading a book, and drinking beer. Sure, my fleece might be zipped up to my chin and my knuckles are turning an interesting shade of purple but the sun's out, some of my crocuses are blooming, and Spring is in the air.

8. Cooked a tasty curry and was a bit more adventurous with it than normal, even preparing a marinade in the morning ahead of time.
We played our final game of summer soccer football this season, and I scored a goal, it felt nice and good. The evening was warm and pleasant.

I didn't get hurt this year either, so in three seasons i've only had one horrendous knee injury, so that's also quite good by my standards.
I put the first coat of paint on my shed.
That looks bright and fab.
That's brilliant! Really brightens up that corner!
Today I put on my big girl pants and gave developmental feedback to two of our most senior psychologists. I'm both proud of myself and relieved it's done.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Today I put on my big girl pants.

I hope they were ones you sewed yourself.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Today I put on my big girl pants and gave developmental feedback to two of our most senior psychologists. I'm both proud of myself and relieved it's done.

Well done, that’s always a tough conversation to have but I think that finding it tough is a good thing that says something important about you. :luv:
Mimi wrote:

Love it.
Mimi wrote:

This is going to look epic! :luv:
Mimi wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

They actually we're. :D
sdg wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Well done, that’s always a tough conversation to have but I think that finding it tough is a good thing that says something important about you. :luv:

Thank you. :luv:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

They actually were. :D
The best! They are super comfy, aren’t they?
Mimi wrote:
The best! They are super comfy, aren’t they?

They are, but they are a bit big. I'm going to make the next size down at the weekend. :)
Mine also. I’m going to take the side seams in on mine so that I can still wear them.
Kern wrote:
8. Cooked a tasty curry and was a bit more adventurous with it than normal, even preparing a marinade in the morning ahead of time.

9. Quiz! Cheered me up no end.
Yep, me too... and just to prove it wasn't a photo shop, here's me donning the helmet of justice.

So good.

Forward. Forward. Right. [Shluuuuck] Sorry!
I love the quiz.. was such a laugh.
TheVision wrote:
Yep, me too... and just to prove it wasn't a photo shop, here's me donning the helmet of justice.

You're wearing a different top :p
KovacsC wrote:
I love the quiz.. was such a laugh.

Indeed. I just lost control with those product guessing questions. For some reason I was mentally doing some kind of "find the link" between these two items instead of "say what you see" and they just seemed ridiculously funny. It was one of the early ones that set me off and I didn't recover until after Wedgy Benn and the German soldiers.
It was Malc giving away the answer to #2 that broke me :DD
Jem wrote:

Him realising *immediately* was the best.
Jem wrote:

That was so funny..
That got me as well, I was trying to avoid giving away an answer that perhaps had half of it, and didn't know the name of the (very famous) actor, as I couldn't think of the name he plays in Blue Bloods or Three Men and a Baby, I just went with his most famous role, and twigged a fraction of a second after saying it.
DavPaz wrote:
Tom Selleck?

Yeah, him.

But I can't remember what the product was now. :DD
I went to the dentist and the hygienist gave my teeth a really good clean, now they look and feel all nice.
Kern wrote:
9. Quiz! Cheered me up no end.

10. Gave an excellent presentation at work.
Mine is got an offer for a new job.
Page 3 of 6 [ 285 posts ]